Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2021, 04:55 (Ref:4027574)   #126
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It won’t happen.The postponement is just part of the dance between Liberty and the Victorian government re their contract.
Given the Federal government has said mandatory quarantine will continue after the vaccine roll out until the virus is pretty much eliminated world wide I would suggest 2022 is already looking shaky.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 06:04 (Ref:4027576)   #127
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
It won’t happen.The postponement is just part of the dance between Liberty and the Victorian government re their contract.
Given the Federal government has said mandatory quarantine will continue after the vaccine roll out until the virus is pretty much eliminated world wide I would suggest 2022 is already looking shaky.
Yep, it is all about who ends up paying for what.

I hope I am wrong the but the 2019 race will most likely prove to be the last AGP for the foreseeable future.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 06:25 (Ref:4027579)   #128
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i guess aus hasn’t started a vaccination programme yet?
Old 8 Jan 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4027582)   #129
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I read this morning that a key Australiam state was immediately placed into lockdown after one new case.

It's severe but Australia is on top of it.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4027588)   #130
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
May come as a shock to some on here but F1 is an irrelevance compared with worlds COVID problem.
The tennis people are in quarantine for 14 days before the events so why should F1 be any different?
Old 8 Jan 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4027592)   #131
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i guess aus hasn’t started a vaccination programme yet?
We will start to get stocks in mid Feb (Pfizer Vaccine) with the plan to have 4 million initial jabs done in March.

The first recipients being high-priority groups including 700,000 frontline workers in the health sector, border enforcement, hotel quarantine, aged care, and disability care; and residents of aged and disability care.

The second tier of six million recipients is made up of Australians aged over 70, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders over 55, healthcare workers, younger adults with underlying health conditions and emergency services workers.

And then tier 3. ages 50 - 69 with the balance tier 4 being the rest of the adult population.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4027593)   #132
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
May come as a shock to some on here but F1 is an irrelevance compared with worlds COVID problem.
The tennis people are in quarantine for 14 days before the events so why should F1 be any different?
Because a more self important but actually insignificant group of people would be hard to find....
Old 8 Jan 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4027601)   #133
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Yep!
An expensive game and nothing mores
Old 8 Jan 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4027607)   #134
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was sceptical when they announced last year's revised calendar but I take my hat off to the organisation for getting it done.

I'm fascinated by the contractual position of some of the events because if they (either party) claimed force majeure last year, it's unlikely to stick this year and depending on the conditions, a number of organisers may find themselves in a bad financial position.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4027627)   #135
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be interested in the wash up between Liberty and the Victorian Govt from last years race. I saw one brief article mentioning court action but nothing more was mentioned.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4027648)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure we should get the majority of races in. Still waiting to see what fills the hole Vietnam left though
Old 8 Jan 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4027651)   #137
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

There are three race weekends at Monaco
We have had an initial advise that these are in jeopardy as it cannot be run without spectators.
A decision to be made in February
We are all aware that the thinking is Europe will not be free or lessening of the virus until early Summer.
Suggest the F1 honchos decide to run a couple of races in Bahrain if possible to get show on road. Presume the programme after that could follow last years path.
It’s all presumptions and no one knows including Liberty
Old 8 Jan 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4027654)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope that we don’t miss out on Monaco two years running. I really missed that GP last year. It always creates a great story or two the race there
Old 8 Jan 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4027658)   #139
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope that we don’t miss out on Monaco two years running. I really missed that GP last year. It always creates a great story or two the race there
I'm not sure the race is ever any good in Monaco - but I can imagine it's one of the most important for sponsors.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4027680)   #140
S griffin
Veteran

There have been plenty of good races at Monaco and something different seems to happen every year, which is why I have missed the GP being off the calendar last year
Old 9 Jan 2021, 00:35 (Ref:4027753)   #141
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There have been plenty of good races at Monaco and something different seems to happen every year, which is why I have missed the GP being off the calendar last year
And even when it doesn't it's just a spectacle for so many reasons, from how cars aren't really designed to race there, to the whole peril of it, and just the aesthetics. And when you do see an odd overtake it can be more exciting than a dozen elsewhere.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 06:23 (Ref:4027785)   #142
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Monaco, completely useless as a race, but a great spectacle that sucks in the faithful every year. Me included. It is more like a demonstration event.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 06:27 (Ref:4027787)   #143
S griffin
Veteran

Monaco is a nice change from the norm, that's why I and others love it so much. A maverick event if you like. And requires a lot of skill and concentration throughout
Old 9 Jan 2021, 06:36 (Ref:4027791)   #144
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
We will start to get stocks in mid Feb (Pfizer Vaccine) with the plan to have 4 million initial jabs done in March.

The first recipients being high-priority groups including 700,000 frontline workers in the health sector, border enforcement, hotel quarantine, aged care, and disability care; and residents of aged and disability care.

The second tier of six million recipients is made up of Australians aged over 70, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders over 55, healthcare workers, younger adults with underlying health conditions and emergency services workers.

And then tier 3. ages 50 - 69 with the balance tier 4 being the rest of the adult population.

The relevant part re; the Aussie GP is that the vaccination program starts in Feb and by Oct there should be 80% of the population done. Hence the goal of later in the year for the race proceeding, as 80% is the goal.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4027806)   #145
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
The relevant part re; the Aussie GP is that the vaccination program starts in Feb and by Oct there should be 80% of the population done. Hence the goal of later in the year for the race proceeding, as 80% is the goal.
It is not just about Aus vaccinations. It about importing 3000+ people who have been all over the place into one concentrated area (Melbourne) in one go. No Politician will take the risk. It won’t happen in 2021.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4027814)   #146
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Victorian State Premier was on the verge of getting the boot during the last lockdown and there is no chance he would risk going anywhere near that again. The tennis open is costing well over $80 MILLION AUD to organise and the lengths they are having to got to is extraordinary even having to find supplementary finance in the way of loans and house some of the players in Adelaide for some reason. I think they must have conned the SA govt into funding the quarantine for those staying in Adelaide. The link outlines what it is costing to get the players and officials to Oz. God knows what it would cost to get all of F1 here.

https://ministryofsport.com.au/tenni...stralian-open/
Old 9 Jan 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4027834)   #147
S griffin
Veteran

I would really be sad if the Aussie event doesn’t go ahead, I really hope we get it back if not this year, then next year, but it will be sad to miss out on the event two years running
Old 9 Jan 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4027856)   #148
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
China want to postpone their race now apparently.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jan 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4027863)   #149
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
I would really be sad if the Aussie event doesn’t go ahead, I really hope we get it back if not this year, then next year, but it will be sad to miss out on the event two years running
Not as sad as importing the Lurgy onto what is largely a COVID free Country by World standards. Particularly a group of people who are well known for their self important arrogance
Old 9 Jan 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4027865)   #150
S griffin
Veteran

Let’s not get into a debate of what situation is sadder