Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4038544)   #101
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
So Aston Martin is now in British Racing Green

The license goes back at least as far as Jordan (Irish), force India (indian) and now its decided to be British.

We truly are a multinational formula.

AS an irish man I guess i could support its Irish heritage or i could be stereotypical and hate the brit team.... My life is sooooo complicated!
If you're having trouble supporting the 'British' team - don't forget they're owned by a Canadian

As for the car - it's ok, I'd have preferred a darker green and less black - also less black on the Alpine please. Having the lower portion of the car black seems to be a common feature - is that coincidence or does it help disguise aero features at the bottom end of the car?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4038553)   #102
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see Mercedes and Aston Martin have the same circular end of the nose. What is this philosophy vis-Ă*-vis the opponents'?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4038729)   #103
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I see Mercedes and Aston Martin have the same circular end of the nose. What is this philosophy vis-Ă*-vis the opponents'?
For AMR, the philosophy is "we bought Mercedes parts, so it's the same" lol.

I love the AMR scheme. The pink accent is fantastic.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4038743)   #104
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This year's offering from Haas.

Old 4 Mar 2021, 19:31 (Ref:4038748)   #105
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This year's offering from Haas.
From Russia with Love! Team to be renamed as Rich Energy SMERSH F1 in 2022.

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4038750)   #106
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
From Russia with Love! Team to be renamed as Rich Energy SMERSH F1 in 2022.

Richard

Not much Rich Energy but a lot of fertilizer from Uralkali.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4038751)   #107
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The livery reminds me of Williams's Rokit livery from pre-season testing from last year.

Last edited by Born Racer; 4 Mar 2021 at 19:51.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4038772)   #108
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i do like the pink stripe on the cars and on that hat actually....although dont see the pink stripe kit on their store (all with yellow accents as far as i can tell). will probably show up later but odd that the launch wasnt coordinated with offerings in their store.

https://shop.astonmartin.com/en/coll...martin-f1/?p=3

seeing SV in it will take some getting used to though.

Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:40 (Ref:4039157)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It certainly is different the Aston livery. Nice bit of green, with a few other colours on it. Certainly will be one to watch this year. I do wonder how long Seb will last though
Old 8 Mar 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4039679)   #110
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First 2021 tests are just days away. I am looking forward to seeing how that goes. Testing is testing, so it's hard to read much into it other than if someone is obviously having a rough time.

Richard
Old 8 Mar 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4039688)   #111
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah its going to be interesting. the rules stability might actually mean more teams are ready to hit the ground running day 1 so there may be a whole lot more action then what we are typically used to seeing. and potentially a better bench mark for us to compare their times to from last year?

but of particular interest to me is how much running Mclaren can get with the new engine.

im really hoping Mclaren can take the fight to RB and possibly to Merc as well this year.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4039792)   #112
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I find most of the liveries to be over complicated as if drawn by a 16 year old student with Paint Box! it seems most teams have black as part of the colour scheme which is not a good colour for TV. Teams need to look back at their iconic colours that stick in your mind like Williams and McLaren and of course Ferrari with plain red.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4039818)   #113
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So true to form - self entitled F1 going to jump the vaccine queue ....
Old 11 Mar 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4039821)   #114
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So true to form - self entitled F1 going to jump the vaccine queue ....
Source?

The last I saw on the subject was:

BAHRAIN OFFERS COVID VACCINE TO F1 PERSONNEL, F1 TO DECLINE IT

'F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali recently insisted the championship would not wish to â€jump the queue’, with various countries at different stages in vaccinating their populations and many still doing so in certain phases.

“Formula 1, as a UK-based organisation, has no plans to be vaccinated as a travelling group ahead of the already established rollout of vaccines through the health system in the UK,” an F1 spokesperson said.'
Old 11 Mar 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4039851)   #115
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Source?

The last I saw on the subject was:

BAHRAIN OFFERS COVID VACCINE TO F1 PERSONNEL, F1 TO DECLINE IT

'F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali recently insisted the championship would not wish to â€jump the queue’, with various countries at different stages in vaccinating their populations and many still doing so in certain phases.

“Formula 1, as a UK-based organisation, has no plans to be vaccinated as a travelling group ahead of the already established rollout of vaccines through the health system in the UK,” an F1 spokesperson said.'

GP.com today
Old 11 Mar 2021, 13:57 (Ref:4039854)   #116
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
GP.com today
I'm not seeing a story about F1 vaccines on Georgia-Pacific's website?
Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4039862)   #117
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
I'm not seeing a story about F1 vaccines on Georgia-Pacific's website?
Well maybe a trip to specsavers is in order Third story today Toto Wolfe says vaccination is a personal choice ( nice cop out to deflect from.F1)......also been in the UK national press.....
Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4039864)   #118
Richard C
Veteran

I suspect it is these two articles (not gp.com which is Georgia-Pacific)...

https://www.grandprix.com/news/ferra...d-vaccine.html

https://www.grandprix.com/news/f1-va...al-choice.html

If you read those and take them at face value, F1 is not trying to jump the list en masse. But rather, some individuals and maybe teams are being offered the vaccine with some taking up the offer.

My personal opinion is that within developed countries, we are starting to get deep enough into the priority list that we will start to see examples of this and frankly should not get too wrapped up over it. For example here in the US you have people who are getting on wait lists to get vaccinated earlier than they normally would, but doing it by trying to take advantage of vaccine that would otherwise be wasted.

I had lunch with a co-worker yesterday who is maybe in his mid-30's. He was on a wait list with his primary care doctor and they eventually had some left over and he ran over to get his shot. I say more power to these folks just as long as its all on the up and up.

Now, there remains a question regarding developing countries who do not have a good supply. And then that is the issue of the haves/have nots. And with that, I do support wealthy countries helping to fund vaccination efforts elsewhere. We may have a vaccine glut in the near future (late spring/summer).

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 11 Mar 2021 at 14:56.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4039865)   #119
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Well maybe a trip to specsavers is in order Third story today Toto Wolfe says vaccination is a personal choice ( nice cop out to deflect from.F1)......also been in the UK national press.....
Do you have a link? You stated the story is on gp.com - if I visit gp.com I get the homepage for Georgia-Pacific:
Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4039866)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ferrari deciding to go for a bit of green with the traditional red this year. Apart from the Tic Tac sponsor, I can't remember the works team ever having green on their car before
Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:31 (Ref:4039867)   #121
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I suspect it is these two articles...

https://www.grandprix.com/news/ferra...d-vaccine.html

https://www.grandprix.com/news/f1-va...al-choice.html

If you read those and take them at face value, F1 is not trying to jump the link en masse. But rather, some individuals and maybe teams are being offered the vaccine with some taking up the offer.
Thanks for providing the links - so not gp.com at all then?

I agree with you - it is not 'F1 jumping the queue' - but a host country deciding to offer the vaccination to individuals who are visiting. What queue is the organisation accused of jumping?
Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4039868)   #122
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Thanks for providing the links - so not gp.com at all then?

I agree with you - it is not 'F1 jumping the queue' - but a host country deciding to offer the vaccination to individuals who are visiting. What queue is the organisation accused of jumping?
The Bahraini nationals who haven't had it for one
Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4039871)   #123
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ferrari deciding to go for a bit of green with the traditional red this year. Apart from the Tic Tac sponsor, I can't remember the works team ever having green on their car before
You're probably right about TicTac being the most recent green as the main component of a sponsor's brand.

Although the team has run with the Italian flag featured on the car previously (which obviously incorporates green) - most noticeably in the 1970s. The AMD logos from 2004 also had some green in them - but it was a very small part of the overall livery.

Old 11 Mar 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4039872)   #124
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The Bahraini nationals who haven't had it for one
Before claiming that F1 has 'jumped the queue' - it would probably be worth taking a moment to understand that there is no queue in Bahrain.

The vaccine is available to all over 18s in the country.

DUBAI: Bahrain’s Ministry of Health announced the availability of coronavirus vaccines to residents and nationals starting Friday.
Individuals wishing to receive the jab do not have to pre-register online for appointments, state news agency BNA reported.
The country’s health centers will inoculate persons every day from 8a.m. until 6p.m. for free.
Residents and nationals must be 18 years and above to receive the vaccination.
Last week, Bahraini King Hamad was vaccinated against COVID-19 ahead of its nationwide inoculation campaign.
The monarch said all citizens and residents should adhere to precautionary measures and instructions issued by the national medical team to deal with the coronavirus, BNA added.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4039878)   #125
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
surely the Mission Winnow green logo will be removed for the racing though?.

as for covid, if it was me running the show, i would make sure that if i am acquiring/demanding a vaccine for the circus then i would also be looking to get all the track workers, support staff, hospitality staff, hotel and restaurant staff etc etc that my product will be coming into contact with at these venues get vaccinated as well. and preferably before the circus shows up.

i would be ok with compromises like that.

of course getting the vaccine doesnt mean one is perfectly immune and/or can no longer spread the virus. masks, rapid testing, distancing, social responsibility will all need to be maintained at the highest level.