Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Mar 2007, 23:10 (Ref:1879550)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Porsche to affect full takeover of VAG

Quote:

Porsche's takeover bid was triggered after it increased its shareholding in Volkswagen ordinary shares to 30.94 percent -- over the 30 percent threshold that prompts a full takeover bid under German law.

more HERE

Given the Sportscar Racing implications, I thought this was worthy of discussion here.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 00:27 (Ref:1879585)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
more HERE

Given the Sportscar Racing implications, I thought this was worthy of discussion here.
Well business wise IMO it would make the best sense for Porsche to go to just customer mode in P-2 with the Spyder! And then turn the Audi into a customer car for P-1 with a works team also. ???

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 00:31 (Ref:1879586)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The way it was reportted here, the offer price was ~10-15% off the current market price... so its a toothless takeover... and wont fully execute unless the market price falls and/or investors are happy to see to Porsche at less than they could get on the general exchange
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Mar 2007, 02:16 (Ref:1879616)   #4
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The situation is a bit confusing to me, but it looks like Porsche is only required to make an attempt at full purchase and doesn't actually have to or will. Am I right?
Old 30 Mar 2007, 02:45 (Ref:1879620)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It can make an offer with no end date and no success criteria is my understanding
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Mar 2007, 05:18 (Ref:1879650)   #6
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche have been saying all along, they do not want full control.

Even though they have to make a bid by law, they have led the press to belive they will offer below the asking price to ensure the bid is not accepted.

Quote:
The BBC said:

Under German law, Porsche will have to bid for all of VW when its stake goes above 30%, but it has moved to ensure most VW shareholders turn it down.
Full story here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6492715.stm?ls
Old 30 Mar 2007, 05:32 (Ref:1879658)   #7
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is what I thought.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1881939)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Family politics...

Look at who owns VAG, I think its 30% Porsche, 30% local government and 30% Porsche family...