Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jul 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3562180)   #126
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where is that Saleen racing currently?
Old 30 Jul 2015, 09:57 (Ref:3562416)   #127
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
They've been doing some races in the P9 Challenge - basically an undersubscribed Porsche Clubsport series that also allows non-Porsches to bring up the numbers.

Also, DMV-GTC organized non-points-scoring 60 minute races at some rounds this year, they raced in one of those at Hockenheim.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3562465)   #128
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol I had actually glanced at those 60 mins with quick look, but it's now clear why I missed the car then as this is how it was titled in the results document:

'Porsche Saleen S7 R'
Old 5 Sep 2015, 21:55 (Ref:3571646)   #129
Deleted
Veteran

Last week, the Zolder 24 was won by a Porsche Cup car, followed by CN Wolf and then another Cupper and another CN Wolf. It's an rather obscure event now and fallen of fashion in every term, and free of GT3s (not a negative ). But there were 52 starters, which is around 5 more than last year I think, and over 30 more than in 2013, so that's more positive. It's seems to better off with these lower level of sportscar machinery and touring cars.

http://www.raceresults.nu/uitslagen/...20-%20Race.pdf

The beautiful SAKER RAPX was there again! 150 laps from the overall winner at the end but finished still 28th overall and won it's subclass

Old 9 Dec 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3596707)   #130
Deleted
Veteran

Calendar for DMW GTC 2016

Vorläufiger Terminkalender DMV GTC 2016 und 60 Minuten
08./09.04.16 Misano (I)
22.-24.04.16 Hockenheim
13./14.05.16 Red Bull Ring (A)
17.-19.06.16 Nürburgring
15./16.07.16 Hockenheim
Aug./Sept. Zolder (B) ?
16./17.09.16 Brünn (CZ)
07./08.10.16 Hockenheim

Someone thought clashing with Le Mans was great idea again. Ha ha. Have they had dinner with Ebenezer?

Anyway. In the last race this year, there seemed to be sudden load of Callaway GT3 Corvettes for some reason. Other than that nothing too exciting (not in the class we actually care about, Klasse 10). We need the Saleen and Pagani (didn't race) and rest back.

But something positive for change. This one is uploading some highlighty thingys! Look em up
https://www.youtube.com/user/RACEMEDIATV/videos

But I now know why Pertti keeps bringing up the Viper Look she gets to touch em too!

Good for him.

Meanwhile, this weekend, Abu Dhabi 12 (6+6) Hours, open to CN and LMP3 cars in addition to standard GT3s and some Cuppers. Only one CN Wolf has actually shown up, and of course no P3s. Now this is something I've brought up too many times already... but I truly wonder the mind sets of those people in charge if they ever expected anything more, after laughably regulating them perform under GT3 with down-bopped specs. Who would be stupid enough to support such a thing. This event will never rise.

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Dec 2015 at 22:32.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 12:39 (Ref:3596830)   #131
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the link to the highlights Chiana, nice to get a feel for the races and faces behind the wheel. Shame we don't see more stuff like Pagani or Saleen but one can hope they appear next year
Old 10 Dec 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3596923)   #132
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
New French based Trans-Am-2-style series:

http://www.narrca.com/fr/championnat/

I'm wondering if the air is getting kinda thin in the lost cost market between those cars, GT4 and TCR. (And to some extent P3 and CN).
Old 10 Dec 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3596929)   #133
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
they'll run on Michelins - should be quicker than the balloon Hoosiers but not sure if it'll increase the entertainment value?

2016 calendar

- 27-29 mai : Zandvoort (Pays-Bas)
- Juin (Date * préciser) : Navarra (Espagne)
- 2-3 juillet : Rockingham (Grande-Bretagne)
- 7-9 octobre : Spa-Francorchamps (Belgique)
- 28-30 octobre : Magny-Cours (France)
- 18-20 novembre : Le Castellet (France)
Old 11 Dec 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3597191)   #134
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thanks for the link to the highlights Chiana, nice to get a feel for the races and faces behind the wheel. Shame we don't see more stuff like Pagani or Saleen but one can hope they appear next year
Yes...

It's also the sort of series mr Ratel probably would love to have in his arsenal, as some of his recent years not so succesful attempts prove... maybe he should take a look at this and race his old Venturis and bring some friends over. To see how it's done relativly succesfully. Would be nice
Old 12 Dec 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3597285)   #135
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
New French based Trans-Am-2-style series:

http://www.narrca.com/fr/championnat/

I'm wondering if the air is getting kinda thin in the lost cost market between those cars, GT4 and TCR. (And to some extent P3 and CN).
Looks like a rival for NASCAR Euroseries.

I like these Trans-Am 2 cars. I think they use the Howe chassis.
Old 17 Jan 2016, 18:42 (Ref:3605679)   #136
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slight bias at highlighting/promoting this as I hope to be doing a few races this year with it.

http://enduranceracingseries.co.uk/

Open to pretty much anything from Prototypes to hatchbacks and everything in between. This year will be all 6 hour races in the UK and a 3 hour on the Nordschleife. There will be live streaming at a couple of races and internet highlights of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The beautiful SAKER RAPX was there again!
If you like the Saker Rapx, there may be a couple at some if not all the rounds this year. Our team will be running one or two older Saker GT models.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3607196)   #137
Deleted
Veteran

The venerable Pagani Zonda will continue being exotic in DMV GTC this year
http://www.dmv-gtc.de/news/2016/News...V-GTC-834.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
If you like the Saker Rapx, there may be a couple at some if not all the rounds this year. Our team will be running one or two older Saker GT models.
Nice.
Old 24 Feb 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3617434)   #138
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
PumaxsRT

http://www.kliknieuws.nl/regio/uden/...op-verjaardag-

https://www.facebook.com/HMSBV/photo...type=3&theater

GT car developed by Henk Thuis (Intrax Suspension) and Hendriks Motorsport.

Looks like a reworked Weytech GT:

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/user...e_gtkiller.pdf

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/nl/z...e+races085.jpg

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/nl/z...e+races133.jpg
Old 14 Mar 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3622729)   #139
Speed-King
Veteran

Entry Lists for this weekend's VdeV-rounds at Barcelona

25 in GT/P3(7 Ligier, 4 of the new Ginetta G57s)

22 for CN
Old 14 Mar 2016, 16:40 (Ref:3622747)   #140
Speed-King
Veteran

And more stuff from France - Here are Hughes de Chaunac's predictions for the GT-Tour opener at Nogaro in two weeks time:

Quote:
Il faut tabler sur combien d’autos * Nogaro ?

“En étant réaliste, entre 12 et 16 avec 60% de GT et 40% de LM P3. La fourchette se situe de 7 * 9 GT3, et de 5 * 6 LM P3.”
Not a great field by any stretch of the imagination, especially since they'll be doing one race of 2.45h and one of 120 minutes...

Full interview (en francaise)
Old 14 Mar 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3622771)   #141
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Entry Lists for this weekend's VdeV-rounds at Barcelona

25 in GT/P3(7 Ligier, 4 of the new Ginetta G57s)

22 for CN
Pretty good mix of cars in the GT class, GT3 Viper, Audi, Ferrari, and Porsche plus GTE Ferrari, Renault RS 01, Mosler MT 900 and a few things I don't know what they are.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3622813)   #142
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
PumaxsRT

Looks like a reworked Weytech GT:
Weytech GT, Vicora V8, PumaxsRT.....it's all the same ;-)
Old 15 Mar 2016, 09:20 (Ref:3622920)   #143
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Weytech GT, Vicora V8, PumaxsRT.....it's all the same ;-)
Looks like a home made Viper to me.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3622943)   #144
Madkart
Rookie

Puerto Rico
Greenville, South Carolina
Madkart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Looks like a home made Viper to me.
Chassis is from the CC, so you're not that far away.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3622958)   #145
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
The Lower Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkart View Post

Yeah that back half of the car is a dead ringer for the CC hence why my thoughts.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3623011)   #146
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkart View Post
Is it? Always figured it was a tube-framer?
Old 15 Mar 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3623015)   #147
Madkart
Rookie

Puerto Rico
Quote:
Is it? Always figured it was a tube-framer?
I've been looking for the article about the car but now I can't seem to find it. I knew I read something about the car being a heavily modified CC but now that you mentioned that, I'm not so sure anymore.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3623026)   #148
Speed-King
Veteran

Here's a pic from an early test sans bodywork:

Source
Old 15 Mar 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3623034)   #149
Madkart
Rookie

Puerto Rico
Quote:
Here's a pic from an early test sans bodywork:

Source
Interesting, I'm trying to compare it with the CC but I cannot find any pics of the chassis.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3623069)   #150
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
And more stuff from France - Here are Hughes de Chaunac's predictions for the GT-Tour opener at Nogaro in two weeks time:

Not a great field by any stretch of the imagination, especially since they'll be doing one race of 2.45h and one of 120 minutes...

Full interview (en francaise)
GT3 teams seem to be whining about LMP3 already:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...er-series.html

Paddock sources suggest that there’s some discomfort amid existing runners in the FFSA GT Tour, about the introduction of the new LMP3 class, to the extent that, an established team, AKKA ASP -has opted out of its programme in the National series.