Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Feb 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3957403)   #76
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think all on here hope that the team find new sponsors and can continue racing, i have been a fan of the team since our visit many years ago and they will be sorely missed it they cease racing.
Old 14 Feb 2020, 06:13 (Ref:3957555)   #77
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
Ligier to replace Rebellion for the Peugeot project. https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ceyzfj-SBSIt-w

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 14 Feb 2020, 09:56 (Ref:3957574)   #78
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Magnussen confirms High Class seat

Jan Magnussen has confirmed that he will join High Class racing in an all Danish lineup if they are invited to Le Mans with there LMP2
Old 16 Feb 2020, 08:55 (Ref:3957789)   #79
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick Ware Racing gained auto invite through the Sepang ALMS LMP2-AM win
Old 20 Feb 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3958797)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DSC put on a good summary of the current knowns and the potentials:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...ill-might.html

Still expecting 62 cars and a reserve list.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3959029)   #81
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
DSC put on a good summary of the current knowns and the potentials:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...ill-might.html

Still expecting 62 cars and a reserve list.
Crazy thing is that LMP1 I think will just be 7 cars. GTE Pro just 11 by my tracking. LMP2 and GTE Am will be over 20 cars each potentially. The winners of those classes this year should really be recognized they will have earned it. The down side is that even though it will be large it won't be diverse. LMP2 is Orecas with a couple exceptions now. Can't see GTE Am being anything more than Porsche, Ferrari, or Aston Martin. If you can file a Le Mans entry for GTE Am with a car other than one of those 3 I bet 100% you'll get invited!
Old 21 Feb 2020, 16:15 (Ref:3959044)   #82
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Can't see GTE Am being anything more than Porsche, Ferrari, or Aston Martin. If you can file a Le Mans entry for GTE Am with a car other than one of those 3 I bet 100% you'll get invited!
Seems tailor-made for a Ford GT entry, but Keating went with Porsche. Is there anyone else?
Old 21 Feb 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3959112)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Seems tailor-made for a Ford GT entry, but Keating went with Porsche. Is there anyone else?
BMW is the only other car available, if the Corvettes are eligible for AM class yet. I guess the old one would be?
Old 22 Feb 2020, 13:16 (Ref:3959219)   #84
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
BMW is the only other car available, if the Corvettes are eligible for AM class yet. I guess the old one would be?
Would be nice to see them return but unsure how competitive they would be and suspect not many around for sale.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3959246)   #85
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I was thinking in terms of entrants with regards to the Ford, which Multimatic has expressed interest in supplying/supporting. (I imagine an eye popping cost)

I had thought of BMW and Corvette. In the recent past only Corvette in the past has let a car out.

Only the Porsche, Ferrari and Aston (?) seem feasible for independents to run.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3960051)   #86
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Asian LM Series auto invites.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...es-finale.html

When is the entry list announced?
Old 26 Feb 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3960071)   #87
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday
Old 28 Feb 2020, 07:49 (Ref:3960288)   #88
Lutzvic
Racer

Today at 18:00
Old 28 Feb 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3960324)   #89
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
Today at 18:00
Will there be a stream of the entry reveal this year? I used to enjoy trying to understand the presentation with my weak knowledge of the french language!
Old 28 Feb 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3960347)   #90
Lutzvic
Racer

Quote:
Will there be a stream of the entry reveal this year? I used to enjoy trying to understand the presentation with my weak knowledge of the french language!
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any.....
I think it will be published at www.lemans.org
Old 28 Feb 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3960357)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
announcement wil be released at 18.00 french time so 17.00 gmt
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:02 (Ref:3960399)   #92
Lutzvic
Racer

https://www.lemans.org/fr/news/decouvrez-la-liste-des-invites-aux-24-heures-du-mans-2020/53466
Disappointing........
GTE-Pro as expected very lean......
Tons of Ferrari’s in GTE Am
Biggest surprise Bykolles ....2nd on the reservist list

Last edited by Lutzvic; 28 Feb 2020 at 17:12.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3960401)   #93
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...-mans-2020.pdf

No big surprise.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3960402)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much Lutzvic
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3960409)   #95
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, a bit more variety would be welcome, but there's still 4 manufacturers in GTE-PRO and all LMP2 chassis represented.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 18:09 (Ref:3960414)   #96
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like a LMP2 championship!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 28 Feb 2020, 18:17 (Ref:3960416)   #97
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Way to many Ferrari's in AM IMO.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3960429)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well lets see what happens but the grid is not exactly exciting so far and the ACO should try to add some different cars if they are available and want to enter.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3960441)   #99
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Rick Ware really run that Riley? There previous generation Asian LMS Am Ligier would probably be quicker.

I mean, I hope they do. But it is slow.

GTE Am is going to be quiet with all those Ferraris. Kinda looking forward to GT3 taking over.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 19:38 (Ref:3960447)   #100
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Will Rick Ware really run that Riley? There previous generation Asian LMS Am Ligier would probably be quicker.

I mean, I hope they do. But it is slow.

GTE Am is going to be quiet with all those Ferraris. Kinda looking forward to GT3 taking over.
I was thinking the same thing, and that car is the only surprise on the list to me! They planned on running it at Daytona but crashed during the Roar and couldn't source the needed parts. I guess they have had time to come up with the money to find them

All in all though I don't think the chassis is going to hurt their result that much, they weren't going to be fighting for the podium in all likelyhood.