Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Nov 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1449675)   #1
E. Becclestone
Racer

E. Becclestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10/10 & Stefane Ratel EXCLUSIVE

We are pleased to announce that Mr. Stefane Ratel (SRO) has agreed to a live interview & telephone debate on "Something from the Weekend", the Ten-Tenths Radio Show.
Exclusively available in Europe via Globecast Radio (Sky channel 907) & at www.yoursportradio.com , between 8-10pm (UK Time) on MONDAY 7TH NOVEMBER.

This is your opportunity to call into the show (via +44 (0)20 7753 3636), or alternatively email your question or point to : tenths@yoursportradio.com .

We'll be reading through this thread to see what sort of points or questions will be raised, but ideally you may wish to ask Mr. Ratel yourselves on the air via telephone?
Not only limited to the FIAGT, & British GT, we'll also be able to ask questions & make points about the F3 International Series & FFSA.

Over to you........
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1449765)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to ask what exactly is their role in the LMES (yes, they are involved in that also).

Is there role to promote and market the series, in which case very poor job, IMO.

Or, are they only involved in putting the grids together, if so a pat on the back for this.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1449776)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Likelihood is that I won't be able to listen to the whole broadcast due to work commitments, but if we can ask via this thread then I'd probs ask Mr Ratel what he really, honestly thinks we can realistically expect to see in the near future (like next couple of years or so) for both FIA and British GT's? Considering that the likes of LMES and, in the case of BGT, even Britcar or one-make series are seemingly fast becoming a more attractive option for more and more teams?

I have other questions but I feel they'd be too lengthy... and other peeps on here will cover them anyway I guess!
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1449782)   #4
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Want to know why they make GT3 with that 6 car rule, team clothes and so one.
Think he knows DutchSupercarchallenge and of course his own GT series in UK/FR and they are working without this rules. For example they use only power/weight ratio in the netherlands for different classes...
Think it would be a great job for him to make ONE GT3 regulation for many national GT championships in europe that makes it possible to drive and win with many different cars
Old 1 Nov 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1449856)   #5
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to ask Stefane if anymore could have been done to save the Castle Combe meeting as i feel it was a real shame to lose it from the calender,i know the circuit has noise issues but i feel that in the future, British motorsport could well have to comply with local council restrictions so would that mean an end to the British GT as we know it as some of the teams seem to find it very hard to get the cars through the nosie test?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1449948)   #6
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to ask him if he could give the Lister Storm GT a weight reduction and restrictor increase for next year if he felt it would get the cars of the grid
Old 2 Nov 2005, 06:21 (Ref:1450088)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
..............as some of the teams seem to find it very hard to get the cars through the nosie test?
.........it's not unusual, a lot of motorsport journalists fail this test aswell!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1450123)   #8
Garp
Racer

Garp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Want to know why they make GT3 with that 6 car rule, team clothes and so one.
Think he knows DutchSupercarchallenge and of course his own GT series in UK/FR and they are working without this rules. For example they use only power/weight ratio in the netherlands for different classes...
Think it would be a great job for him to make ONE GT3 regulation for many national GT championships in europe that makes it possible to drive and win with many different cars

Please don't compare DutchSupercarchallenge with other GT series
around the world. The DSC is just a big trackday
Old 3 Nov 2005, 01:35 (Ref:1450998)   #9
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to know if FIA GT and Super GT are still going to have joint events? If so where and when will it be?
Old 3 Nov 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1451028)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
I want to know if FIA GT and Super GT are still going to have joint events? If so where and when will it be?
Hmm, id almost forgotton that the FIA GT and Super GT championship's are to have joint events myself. Dont know about anyone else but i've not heard anything for a few months now, and now the FIA GT championship has a provisional calender for 2006 I would think it is unlikely that the 2 series will host joint events as the FIA GT championship isnt visiting Japan in 2006.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1452693)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just going to bump this thread back up, remember to tune into the EXCLUSIVE interview with Mr Ratel on Monday evening. I do have a question:-

With the birth of a prototype series in Japan and the growth of the ALMS and LMES, is there are any chance of a World Sportscar Championship running to the Le Mans regs?
Old 9 Nov 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1456739)   #12
E. Becclestone
Racer

E. Becclestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This discussion is now available on iTunes as mp3 download. See www.yoursportradio.com homepage, then click the "Download On-Demand Radio" banner/ button for full instructions how to get it.
Well done to the 3 competition winners btw- Magical Trevor, Kicking Back & Sinexgit.....your prizes are being sent direct to you from SRO.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1458302)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting views from Sephane that it is the prestige brands of Ferrari, Aston, Porsche, Lamborghini etc. that will attract the media and fans to sportscar racing.

Unfortunately, with the exception of Porsche, these manufactuers do not have the big bucks to market and promote their cars and series to the wider public.

Extoic, dream cars racing at your local circuit means nothing if they are not promoted.

F1 and the Group C series have shown that its all well and good having small, exotic manufactuers, with easily recognisable cars, but to spread the word and bring in more than the hardcore enthusiat you need big manufactuers such as Peugeot, Renault, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, Jaguar, Mercedes, Ford, Honda etc.

Only these manufactuer have the budget to promote a series widely. Very few of these manufactuers have a road car suitable to go GT1 racing, so prototyes are the only option.

Audi, through their marketing spend, have recieved far more publicity for the brand and the R8, than Ferrari with the instantly recognisable 575/360s.

You get back what you put in, nothing to do with the formula of car you happen to be racing.