Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 May 2000, 23:38 (Ref:8301)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just visited the European Historic Touring Car site, very impressive - as is the entry!!

But somethings bugging me - where have I seen Dieter Dahlemann's mini race in Britain in the last couple of years?? Was it at Goodwood?? I'm not convinced - all I can remember was that it was extremely quick..

Also now that Goodwood hasn't got the more modern F1's this year - I think they should make room for these guys... Why no race in Britain?? (Castle Combe next year please).
Old 10 May 2000, 12:14 (Ref:8302)   #2
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Florian Lacroix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dan,
I apreciate that you have enjoyed touring-cars.com

Concerning Dieter Dahleman 's red mini, you saw him maybe at Donington for the FIA european Historic meeting normally in early september or at the Coys Festival 4 years ago.
You are right : its mini is very quick (thank you Mr longmann for the engine). He will race this week end in Monza with Mr Peter Baldwinn.

I do agree with you : we would love to go racing in england again but the FIA or the BRDC doesn't want. I hope to have an explanation one day
Touring-cars racing is really hard racing not like in many categories (maybe because of the price of the cars) but we have a bad image and maybe organisers think we are too small for them (Nurburgring accept us, why not Coys or Goodwood ?).

I really hope we will be back in england next year, we will see then.

Regards.
Old 10 May 2000, 12:28 (Ref:8303)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Balwin - one decent co-driver there.... Mini expert of the highest order.

Could have been Donnigton or Coys (four years ago sounds about right)...

I'm off to Zolder next weekend - shame its the wrong meeting!!

At least we get the saloon race at Goodwood, which has proven to be the best race of the meeting over the last two years...

How long are the races??? Does two drivers mean at least an hour??
Old 10 May 2000, 13:07 (Ref:8304)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did enjoy the 1-hour "blind" that used to take place at the Coys Festival.

The reason it was stopped was apparently because the "historic" circuit which the 250Fs, Dino 246s and Vanwalls demand for mechanical sympathy is not FIA sanctioned, and as the Euro Touring Cars have had that status....

Well, the number of guys willing to come out for a non-champ race at the height of the season is not going to make for such a great grid.

Did they ever rebuild the Volvo 122S that I remember from about 5 years back? It was a French entry, but painted like a Swedish flag. Last time I saw it, it was sliding along the Silverstone pit straight on its roof - backwards, at a scarcely diminished rate.

One final thing. I understand that the vacant slot at Goodwood will be a "Marque Scratch Race". Invitations are being sent to suitable near-stock Triumph TR2s, Frogeye Sprites, Morgan Plus 4, Porsche 356 and, I am led to believe, even a Peerless GT and an Arnott Climax.
Old 10 May 2000, 13:43 (Ref:8305)   #5
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Dan :
races are one hour long and there is a change of driver between the 20th and 40th minutes.

TimD :
there is a french racer with a Volvo 122 S with the swedish flag who is called Mr LEPRON. I think that it him because there are not many french volvos like that.
Old 11 May 2000, 13:53 (Ref:8306)   #6
Binnas
Rookie

Binnas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello!

If you drop in to following site you will find some nice swedish racers, the site is not yet in english but i am working on it soo you can understand it too.
I will uppgrade whith more pics later on.
On the site you can follow the Historic Touring Car Cup(HTCC) in sweden that runs as support under the swedish championship for touring cars (STCC), i will notify in this forum when it will show up in the english version. the site adress is: drive.to/htcc
Old 12 May 2000, 13:34 (Ref:8307)   #7
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Florian,
Perhaps you could come and talk to us at the Classic Saloon car Club in the UK.

I am sure we could find room for 'guests'.
Pete Mallett may be able to help more.

IanC
Old 12 May 2000, 17:31 (Ref:8308)   #8
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw them at Donington approx 4 years ago. Stunning cars. Falcons, Minis, Mk2s, Alfas, ... [swoon]

Very annoying no show in Britain this year.

I'd be very interested if some of the continental cars could make it to a couple of CSCC rounds, but the cost is surely prohibitive. That said, it's not as though they have a busy schedule!
Old 14 May 2000, 21:37 (Ref:8309)   #9
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Hi Guys,

I am just back from Monza with a very good news : The FIA ECHTC will be in Egnland the WE of the 16th July on the track of Donington. Organisers came and gave us entry form in the paddock yesterday.

Hey graham, seems that we may see us