Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 May 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2701352)   #251
JDog
Rookie

JDog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what an excellent thread...lets hope we eventually get a series for super tourer's in europe and that people realise their true historic value
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2704091)   #252
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have been going through this trhread for an hour now..a few new websites for me to check out in the future.... shame most of the links have gone for age but nice to see the ones still available
Old 2 Nov 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2783970)   #253
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is this the 1993 Rouse-built Mondeo that's been unused for a long time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3JybAAYOCQ

I gather this may be the one that appeared at Brands Hatch in the classic parade. Good to see it back on track, although the ride height looks more production car and it has a 4-cylinder engine onboard.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2784012)   #254
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm fairly sure its not a 1995 car, maybe an earlier chassis updated later show-car spec? Its got a Duratec in at the moment according to their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105041812038
Old 2 Nov 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2784164)   #255
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Mondeo Man33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is indeed the '93 car, chassis number 2. It was painted into Valvoline colours for the start of the 1996 season, and made an appearance at the Donington media day, driven by Paul Radisich (pictures are out there somewhere). At that point the actual '96 cars were still pending delivery to WSR.

I spoke to the chap who owns it at Brands Hatch and it's running a 2.0 Duratec unit taken from a Ford Focus. He says he plans to race it next season in the Classic Thunder championship and also possibly in the CSCC Tin Tops Series. Let's hope so!
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:03 (Ref:2818787)   #256
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondeo Man33 View Post
It is indeed the '93 car, chassis number 2. It was painted into Valvoline colours for the start of the 1996 season, and made an appearance at the Donington media day, driven by Paul Radisich (pictures are out there somewhere). At that point the actual '96 cars were still pending delivery to WSR.

I spoke to the chap who owns it at Brands Hatch and it's running a 2.0 Duratec unit taken from a Ford Focus. He says he plans to race it next season in the Classic Thunder championship and also possibly in the CSCC Tin Tops Series. Let's hope so!
Just reading through this thread for the first time. Doubt the Mondeo ST will fit the CSCC Tin Tops regs, sadly. Must have original size & shape body work & no aero & the original TYPE engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
There were at least four of the later bodystyle Carina E cars here in Australia. James Kaye's Emmy car from 1993 raced here in 1994 (driven by Kaye and Greg Murphy) then disappeared to New Zealand. Three later Carina E's turned up later and each of them run at the Super Touring Bathursts. Malcolm Rea owned two (same guy with the '92 car that never raced) and Milton Leslight the other. They were slow and never troubled anyone and I imagine they would still have them as they would be near impossible to sell.
Sorry to drag this up from old! I think the Jame's Kaye Carina ended up being owned by the Toyota NZ importer (Bruce Miles); he also ran Toyota Carina Super Production cars in the NZ Schedule S Champiuonship (of which I have one).

Wonder why the 3 later Carine E STs are described as slow in Australia. I'm surprised by that as they were competitive in the UK. As for being impossible to sell, then I'd buy one, at the right price!

Last edited by andy97; 21 Jan 2011 at 13:11.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2818793)   #257
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting article in this weeks Autosport magazine (20 Jan 2010) in which John Cleland drives a restored Vauxhall Cavalier from his 1992 season. This car was originally built by Dave Cook Racing Services who had the Vauxhall contract at the time.

Cleland makes the point that this was a pre aero car - no wings & splitters & as such wasn't much different to a production racing car of today, not really that sophisticated, albeit the engine had 285 Bhp. The car moved around a lot in those days & could be drifted through corners compared to the later STs

Seeing as Dave Cook supervised the design & build of my Super Production Toyota the following year (93/94) I can certainly see the similarities between an early ST & my Super Production Toyota! 285 Bhp in mine, & slicks, & it might not be much slower (with Cleland driving, or Julian Bailey)!!
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2818815)   #258
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Finally, for now! the Laguna that "Wilbo" & "Car 13" refer to on here, ie the one that was liveried by DC Cook as a show car appears to have sold again & be in the process of being rebuilt. There's a thread about it here, in which it features (not all STs, but the laguna is in there towards the end, look for posts by "plug550"):

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...01&i=0&nmt=RE: Historic Touring Cars Set To Return&mid=53401
Old 21 Jan 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2819020)   #259
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Interesting article in this weeks Autosport magazine (20 Jan 2010) in which John Cleland drives a restored Vauxhall Cavalier from his 1992 season. This car was originally built by Dave Cook Racing Services who had the Vauxhall contract at the time.
Haven't seen the mag yet, but I'm assuming it's Jim Pocklington's Cavalier that he raced at the Silverstone Classic and JC drove at Total Vauxhall Live at Castle Combe last year (videos are on Youtube). I'd rather he gave it the 1990 livery than the 1992 one, as that's more authentic.

http://www.supertouringregister.com/...er/vehicle/53/
Old 22 Jan 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2819134)   #260
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Yes, thats the one. Now in Vauxhall predominantly White & red colour scheme.