Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3967814)   #1076
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well it has a lot of actual racing shots to enjoy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyVtPI5mjJ0
At 27min 56 I thought he was going round the circuit the wrong way, then if you look the film has been flipped round somehow, all the writing on the pits is back to front.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3967834)   #1077
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
This one is somewhat better;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ncweROe9U
Thanks for the links Bob, but unfortunately my internet speed is so slow on the back up they have given me that youtube is a no-no. I can barely open a page here with pictures in it! No landline either but apparently April 16th is the day I get my installation done, now I have convinced Telstra (our telecom supplier) that the house I moved into and have lived in for two weeks does exist.
So I will watch them in a couple of weeks. Hopefully.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3967836)   #1078
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I can't remember if they were Thames Traders, but I do remember that they could all go about 100mph,
Had to, there were bonuses involved.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3967847)   #1079
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
At 27min 56 I thought he was going round the circuit the wrong way, then if you look the film has been flipped round somehow, all the writing on the pits is back to front.
Was Uncle Eric in that race Tim.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 15:46 (Ref:3967849)   #1080
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Gordon what with all this spare time how about some pictures of the Anglia.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3967855)   #1081
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think one at least was posted in bauble's wonderful thread. Une Anglia violette, n'est ce pas?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3967865)   #1082
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I'll dig a couple out later, meanwhile.
I often get asked how I can pick out and film a close up member of a group playing when I am either standing in one position or moving about yet still keeping the whole group in frame if I want. I could use several fixed cameras but they take a bit of time to set up, also it can be done to a point in final editing but you loose quality when enlarging parts of a scene. I can just turn up to a gig and use this instantly without any hassle.
The GoPro is on a 3 axis gimbal that is set in the locked position and being wide angle I can leave it fixed on the complete group on stage, I can then zoom in on various people or instruments with the main camera either on the stage or even turn round and film the audience. I then edit it all together with a separately recorded sound track.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLFV-Tm5DqY
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Mar 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3967867)   #1083
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Was Uncle Eric in that race Tim.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3967876)   #1084
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
They were in deed Dodge Kews, supplied by tipper company Drinkwaters from Willesden
I remember Drinkwater’s of Willesden, didn’t they have a brown livery on their trucks with Drinkwater’s along the side of the tipper?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3967899)   #1085
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
I remember Drinkwater’s of Willesden, didn’t they have a brown livery on their trucks with Drinkwater’s along the side of the tipper?

My memory of them was that they were a dark green, very much like Murphys' trucks (who were based at Kings Cross).
Old 1 Apr 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3967977)   #1086
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here you go:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...page&q&f=false Page 46 onwards.

and

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1133584@N21/pool/
Old 1 Apr 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3967993)   #1087
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Out on our afternoon walk yesterday we came across a silver Mustang notchback of approx 1968 vintage with a goodwood sticker in the rear window. The owner was standing inside his garage so we stopped for a chat. This car has a Shelby rear end and a Boss 302 Ci engine with a four barrel holly. Looks the dog's danglies. The owner has a Mazda MX5 which he sprints at Goodwood and a Fiat 500.

No reason to post this other than it was good to talk cars for a change.

I won't post a pic since it would identify where the car is kept.

Oh BTW, he has three garages, one of which has a bar in it.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 10:02 (Ref:3967996)   #1088
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Out on our afternoon walk yesterday we came across a silver Mustang notchback of approx 1968 vintage with a goodwood sticker in the rear window. The owner was standing inside his garage so we stopped for a chat. This car has a Shelby rear end and a Boss 302 Ci engine with a four barrel holly. Looks the dog's danglies. The owner has a Mazda MX5 which he sprints at Goodwood and a Fiat 500.

No reason to post this other than it was good to talk cars for a change.

I won't post a pic since it would identify where the car is kept.

Oh BTW, he has three garages, one of which has a bar in it.
Just checking, it's not an April Fool is it? Your story does sound quite plausible after all
Old 1 Apr 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3968006)   #1089
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Looking for a Miata race at GW! With the new stay away by 2 meters rule won't be easy tho…
Old 1 Apr 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3968008)   #1090
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
My memory of them was that they were a dark green, very much like Murphys' trucks (who were based at Kings Cross).
Looks like you're right, maybe I was getting them mixed up with McNicholas, another local firm.

I used to pass the Drinkwater yard on Dudden Hill Lane on the 52 bus on the way to see my Dad at his shop in Kensal Rise, everything was in black & white then

Thanks for those links Peter, I didn't realise they were such a large firm.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3968104)   #1091
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Got my copy of To Hell and Back delivered today, now just to find time between doing nothing of reading it
Old 2 Apr 2020, 15:48 (Ref:3968247)   #1092
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Happy birthday, EB!
Old 2 Apr 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3968257)   #1093
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Happy birthday EB.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3968277)   #1094
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Didn’t see it on the list, but many happies E.B.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 17:59 (Ref:3968284)   #1095
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	HAPPY BIRTHDAY.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	59184 Hope you can read this EB
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Apr 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3968287)   #1096
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Happy Birthday Dave .😀. Enjoy the bottle of wine .
Old 2 Apr 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3968288)   #1097
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
After the bottle you can call him Dave, Jean François or Ingmar! Before, may be Chris will be fiiiiiine.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 20:57 (Ref:3968320)   #1098
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By the time this message gets past your internet connection .. happy next birthday Chris,

Cheers, No 4.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 21:47 (Ref:3968324)   #1099
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Birthday EB.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 23:47 (Ref:3968329)   #1100
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Obviously I have a fair collection, however I do like this one. I've no idea who the groupie was, she just wanted to get in the picture Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2221 (2).JPG
Views:	35
Size:	836.6 KB
ID:	59197
Closed Thread