Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 2020, 06:35 (Ref:3969706)   #1201
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just thinking this must be first Easter in 50 years and I am not going to a race track .Not a fan of Paul Ricard and favorate probably Dijon . Then Zandvoort then Spa . Did you race at Pau ?
Yes I should have been spending three days in Dorset Such a shame.

I love Dijon both for the track and the surroundings. Beautiful in October which is when most of the FISC races were there. I also enjoy the drive down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10 Apr 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3969726)   #1202
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I know Pau as an organiser but never raced there. Favourite? In town may be Monaco for the prestige, Silverstone for the length.
Real favorite are Jarama and Estoril for the curves/straight arrangement they offer. Never get bored on this two.
In France Nogaro and Ledenon and of course Le Mans.
Dont appreciate so much Le Bugatti and Charade probably because I know the previous version of the latest.

I still have to race at Ledenon.Nogaro I have only tested"in the wet"
Old 10 Apr 2020, 08:28 (Ref:3969727)   #1203
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Another first for me this morning,Not a single car out as I biked into workshop this morning.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3969735)   #1204
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
hmmmm - 'best' circuit is a bit like all those GOAT discussions on F1 boards. For me the best circuit is usually the last one I raced at. Dijon is up there with Spa and Pau. From the paddock Mugello looks like fun. I've driven round Vila Real in the motorhome and would love to have a proper go at it. Down under, Bathurst of course.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3969736)   #1205
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
My fav track that I’ve driven on outside UK? Not in any order of preference- Le Mans, Sebring, Dijon, Spa, Portimao.......
Old 10 Apr 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3969743)   #1206
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Another first for me this morning, Not a single car out as I biked into workshop this morning.
I did not realise that race car preparation was on the list of vital services allowed to continue to operate. I shall stand out in my garden tonight and clap for all those dedicated chaps wielding spanners for the good of mankind.

Surely Delta you could do the job working from home?

Personally I am staying at home to take my action photographs. (no comments - please)

Stay safe everyone.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3969744)   #1207
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
hmmmm - 'best' circuit is a bit like all those GOAT discussions on F1 boards. For me the best circuit is usually the last one I raced at. Dijon is up there with Spa and Pau. From the paddock Mugello looks like fun. I've driven round Vila Real in the motorhome and would love to have a proper go at it. Down under, Bathurst of course.
Hmmm can't agree there. The last circuit I raced at was Snetterton 300, hardly up there with the "greats".

These days for me the quality of circuit is directly proportional to the facilities.

Tarmac paddock?
Decent loos and showers?
Decent cafe?
Tie down hooks for the awning?
Viewing area?
In a good 4G area for live timing?

Old 10 Apr 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3969752)   #1208
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Iain no doubt you can appreciate Nogaro, a very tricky track. When chasing the last second or tenths may be the best is to follow a native for a while… Ledenon is splendid for its surroundings, it's like a scenic railway and its the once we have turning anti-clockwise.

Max you're right to add the facilities, in this respect you would probably not like Charade for instance even if the paddocks have been recently improved. You can add water and electricity supplies for the competitors…
Old 10 Apr 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3969777)   #1209
midgetman
Veteran

Ah yes Gerry, I forgot water! Electricity is not so much of a problem now I have decent generator, but it does help the less well equipped.

Old 10 Apr 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3969781)   #1210
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
At my age I look for nearest loo. Then get parked up .
Old 10 Apr 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3969798)   #1211
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
At my age I look for nearest loo. Then get parked up .

Know what you mean, Iain.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3969810)   #1212
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I was racing my two favourite circuits were Cadwell Park and Thruxton - polar opposites but both great. Brands GP gets an honourable mention as well.

For the last 12-13 years I've been in organiser mode so have a different perspective. I'm fortunate to have a group of drivers who are up for most new challenges. They loved Charade (HVM laid on power for us) and Pau and Spa of course, together with most UK circuits both great and small.

The sad thing for me was that, now I'm retired, I'd planned to get to each of our race metings a day early this year and do a 100km bike ride in the local area before proceedings got underway. Oh well, if I can stay healthy and fit there's always next year. Fancy it Iain?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 15:44 (Ref:3969811)   #1213
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Alan when you mention Iain, Charade, bike are you calling for another crash? Well, now you're retired you have time in your hands to build a new one each year. Happy days!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3969814)   #1214
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey Gerard - you've got a good memory! Iain paid for the damage (just about everything in the drivetrain was trashed) and he has subsequently bought the bike in question from me. I don't think he's ridden it yet - he keeps saying he's keeping it "for best".
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:20 (Ref:3969835)   #1215
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just imagine Iain keeps the bent rear wheel, would be a good practice for boogie-woogie dancing! Bourrée auvergnate in this particular case but unsure its related to celtic folklore!! Twist again at Charade!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3969850)   #1216
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Iain must have nearly as many bikes as race cars
Old 10 Apr 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3969870)   #1217
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Not quite Dave but close . Yes that’s the most expensive bike I have . Saving for best .
Old 11 Apr 2020, 06:36 (Ref:3969971)   #1218
midgetman
Veteran

So what's so special about this bike?

I've been out on my old boneshaker MTB recently, it's nice to take advantage of this weather. "Less than 60 minutes, officer, honest!" I have also started riding to work but as it's four minutes one way and six minutes back it barely counts as exercise.

Old 11 Apr 2020, 06:44 (Ref:3969972)   #1219
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehehe I took my bike down to Phillip Island last year for Iain to do a bit of cycling on.... IIRC he put more miles on it in 3 days than I had in 3 years. Probably partially due to him getting lost between Circuit and Hotel one night and doing about 3 laps of the Island. The actual Island itself, not the circuit!.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3969975)   #1220
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hehehe I took my bike down to Phillip Island last year for Iain to do a bit of cycling on.... IIRC he put more miles on it in 3 days than I had in 3 years. Probably partially due to him getting lost between Circuit and Hotel one night and doing about 3 laps of the Island. The actual Island itself, not the circuit!.
Delta, lost, surely not!
Old 11 Apr 2020, 07:30 (Ref:3969977)   #1221
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ah I had forgot about that evening.The bike was much appreciated Chris.Cycling is a great escape from motor racing as its nice and simple. I do wear a helmet now but apart from checking tyre pressures, jump on and off you go.
Hey Mike remember those rides we did down at Portimao they were a lot of fun.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 08:03 (Ref:3969983)   #1222
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As a result of the lockdown, I've discovered that there are loads of things you can have delivered without trying the supermarkets. Our local farm shop provides bread, meat, fresh veg and fruit; the pub does take aways, even sunday lunches; we've got a good curry house, so sorted. Then yesterday I took delivery of 12 tins of Illy ground coffee. Sorted.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3969987)   #1223
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We have our fruit and veg delivered which makes things easier.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 08:56 (Ref:3969994)   #1224
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
My Daughter mate boyfriend is a chef . He is stuck at home but now doing take away .We had fish pie last night .£8.00 delivered . It was lovely . Sadly followed by lots of Easter eggs .
Old 11 Apr 2020, 09:09 (Ref:3969996)   #1225
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just got this off Twitter. https://youtu.be/7vUmHEeuIKM
Closed Thread