Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3921840)   #326
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
it amazes me that we have a racing series that has loads of different winners, excitement that is not see in any other racing series, Battles between drivers and cars that get people talking and big audiences because of all those things. Yet people complain, if those people don't like BTCC then watch F1 of Formula E and leave BTCC to the people would love and actually pay money to go and see it. Long may BTCC stay the way it is and long may it have drivers that are so passionate about it they will push te boundaries sometimes, that is why we like it and that is why it is popular.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3921843)   #327
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
it amazes me that we have a racing series that has loads of different winners, excitement that is not see in any other racing series, Battles between drivers and cars that get people talking and big audiences because of all those things. Yet people complain, if those people don't like BTCC then watch F1 of Formula E and leave BTCC to the people would love and actually pay money to go and see it. Long may BTCC stay the way it is and long may it have drivers that are so passionate about it they will push te boundaries sometimes, that is why we like it and that is why it is popular.
I just like seeing racing, not punting cars off the road to win. Clearly, BTCC agree, given the penalties.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3921851)   #328
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I go and watch the BTCC at Brands - mostly it's great, there's close racing throughout the field and there are some great wheel to wheel battles. There are also boneheaded punts that are hugely frustrating to see. Knowing how much work goes into getting cars ready to compete (and how much it costs even at a club level) seeing wanton destruction and deliberate contact is infuriating. There are enough clean races and overtakes to prove it can be done - but there are also repeat offenders for deliberate contact and this should be clamped down on. It's possible to have great racing without contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I just like seeing racing, not punting cars off the road to win. Clearly, BTCC agree, given the penalties.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3921854)   #329
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not very comfortable with this idea that if someone doesn't like your idea of racing then they somehow aren't fans. Go to races, go watch races, watch other series, pay money etc. What gives any one of us the right to discredit others as fans? We don't have to like the same kind of racing (and many of us don't), but that doesn't make us any less fans.

I like clean racing. I like BTCC. I don't like when drivers don't play by the rules. If that makes me any less of a fan in your eyes then that's fine. But I am. I have been for a long time, and I (probably) always will be.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3921859)   #330
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yeah basically. JPs inviting us round to see it like it is. Rubbing is racing.

If I say Sutton was a bit silly then I'll get shot at again too. If nothing else it showed JP is hungry to win and still can peddle. I reckon he's going to be going round in circles for a good few more years yet...

Great lets go for it! Thruxton next, which is my local (ish) so if Jason wants to save me entry fee and cost of a sandwich by giving out guest passes to anyone who states they don't like his driving I'm up for that.
Never had a hospitality session, I did enquire a while back but if I knew I only had to post on here that Jasons driving was a bit off id have done this log ago.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3921860)   #331
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I don't want to see drivers win by pushing each other off the track into avoidable accidents, but I found the first 2 races on Sunday dull on an F1 level, but it wasnt just the BTCC, the coverage of the support races also seemed flat. In honesty a few times this year I have found the BTCC and support package a bit of a yawn-fest compared to recent times. So its good to see a bit of passion coming out for race 3
Old 8 Aug 2019, 05:59 (Ref:3921895)   #332
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I wish they would give the "200 layout" a go. I don't think the Mikey Mouse infield bit really adds much.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3921924)   #333
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
intended or not WSR should buy JP some drinks with a no points score Sutton is pretty much out of the title picture specially since 2 power tracks are left on calender

Turks 236
Jordan 200
Butcher 177
Cook 166
Cammish 166
Sutton 160

that's a 76 deficit on the leader
Old 8 Aug 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3921930)   #334
Div
Rookie

Div should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
intended or not WSR should buy JP some drinks with a no points score Sutton is pretty much out of the title picture specially since 2 power tracks are left on calender

Turks 236
Jordan 200
Butcher 177
Cook 166
Cammish 166
Sutton 160

that's a 76 deficit on the leader
Think we can all agree the title will go to Turks or Jordan, but the battle for 3rd will be really close. Who do we think will claim it? Butcher, Sutton or Cammish for me
Old 8 Aug 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3921967)   #335
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Cammish has been ultra consistent so far, but he needs to start winning IMHO
Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3921980)   #336
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Think we can all agree the title will go to Turks or Jordan, but the battle for 3rd will be really close. Who do we think will claim it? Butcher, Sutton or Cammish for me
Rory Butcher is my pick. Fast, intelligent, minds his own business and quietly gets on with the job in hand.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3921983)   #337
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone noticed that for soem reason WSR switched to black rims instead of silver
Old 8 Aug 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3921992)   #338
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
anyone noticed that for soem reason WSR switched to black rims instead of silver
Paint.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3921996)   #339
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
They used a mix; silver in some sessions, black in others. Not the first time they'be done that.
Old 9 Aug 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3922049)   #340
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My thoughts were it’s because the three tyre compounds were used they Used all available rims. Usually they’ve only used the black rims with wets
Old 9 Aug 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3922055)   #341
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
My thoughts were it’s because the three tyre compounds were used they Used all available rims. Usually they’ve only used the black rims with wets
No, no, no, that's far too logical.
Go back into a darkened room and thing about this properly. You can only come out once you've worked out a far more devious reason for them using different wheels which they are expecting us to think are just painted a different colour!
Old 9 Aug 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3922057)   #342
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I prefer silver or white wheels. The black ones look ugly in my opinion.
Old 9 Aug 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3922058)   #343
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jordan's wheels are yellow.

Perhaps they just wanted to use all 3 colours as well as all 3 compounds?
Old 9 Aug 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3922069)   #344
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Cammish has been ultra consistent so far, but he needs to start winning IMHO
Dan is consistent and a big points scorer in R1 & R2 but not in R3 , he has generally been on same tyre as BMW and also been in same grid area so usually gets jumped off the grid and shuffled down, at Snetterton he had a brake issue in R3 which isnt ideal, R3 is the area to work on.

85% of Dan,s points are from R1 & R2.
Nearly 60% of Josh,s are from R3 and nearly 50% of Rory,s are from R3 so they are coming at the 3rd place battle from completely different angles.

Also Colin and Andrew are not big R3 points scorers with around 22% of total for Colin and 16% or so for Andrew so not massively better than Dan..

Still a long way to go
Old 9 Aug 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3922080)   #345
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
No, no, no, that's far too logical.
Go back into a darkened room and thing about this properly. You can only come out once you've worked out a far more devious reason for them using different wheels which they are expecting us to think are just painted a different colour!
The black rim will absorb more light, becoming hotter than the silver or white rim, thus helping warm the hard tyres.

Or possibly some thieving pikey stole the tin foil that WSR wraps around its black rims. Thus WSR may have been running an under weight car. Tin foil is heavy stuff after all.

Last edited by Alfisti; 9 Aug 2019 at 13:52.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3923061)   #346
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It would seem Jordan agrees with you in his response to a Q&A:

Jordan:
'Jason was obviously being pretty hard and Ash was trying to race fairly. Maybe looking back Ash should have not been as fair and raced JP how he was racing him.'
Old 17 Aug 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3923098)   #347
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It would seem Jordan agrees with you in his response to a Q&A:

Jordan:
'Jason was obviously being pretty hard and Ash was trying to race fairly. Maybe looking back Ash should have not been as fair and raced JP how he was racing him.'
How others treat you is a lesson you'd have thought Jason would've learnt when he found himself without allies during his battle for the title with Flash.

Jordans statement is also a statement of intent about himself. If he's racing JP, then he doesn't give him a chance to retaliate.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3923281)   #348
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we saw Sutton didn’t fall for Plato’s games in R2