Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Mar 2017, 00:53 (Ref:3716952)   #1
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drink I can't think of a better place to share some good news...

It's been a while since I've been here. No reason for my absence; Facebook has something to do with it. I love Ten-Tenths and consider some of you I've met on this site really good friends. But I cannot think of a better place to say:

I'M COMING BACK TO LE MANS!!!! I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN 3+ MONTHS.

For my first Le Mans in 2011, I used a tour group based here in the States to get me to Le Mans. Well, I developed a bit of a friendship with the tour organizers. Once they built the The Circuit of Americas down in Austin, because of my proximity to the track, they'd ask me to drive down and help with various tours - F1, MotoGP, Aussie V8. I actually worked the 2014 Le Mans for them and I'll be working the Indy 500 for them in May.

I got a phone call today asking if my flight plans to Indianapolis are finalized. I say yes, and then I hear: "How's your calendar look for mid-June?" Are you kidding me?!?!?! I'm totally free.

It turns out their regular Normandy-based tour guide is unable to travel and they need someone with my "expertise". They've never been and they need someone who knows his way to and from the track as well as a bit of history of the race to entertain our guests.

Here's the best part: it's all paid for and I get paid to go to the race!

I can't believe it. I still have a massive smile on my face 6 hours later.

Really looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting a few new ones at the pre-race meetup. I'm taking suggestions of what to bring. Maybe another Texas based whiskey - two of you I still owe bottles to and I promise to get something shipped before the race.

See you all soon and I'll see you all more frequently here on the message boards.

-Robert
Old 7 Mar 2017, 10:59 (Ref:3717017)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets just say "you jammy *********** " Christmas come early for you this year. Your local knowledge will be just what they want so i think they are getting a good deal too.
Well i am sure we will see you down there and enjoy teaching your group of le mans virgins(i am sure some will be) all about the great race.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 14:47 (Ref:3717047)   #3
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some guys have all the luck - I'm very happy for you.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3717053)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice work if you can get it!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3717059)   #5
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
great to hear from you again Robert! see you in june.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3717086)   #6
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
See you there! Please keep me in mind should they need to add any additional American tour guides to the payroll!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3717094)   #7
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great new Robert! Happy to read it. Looking forward to chating here with you!!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 22:50 (Ref:3717149)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great news Robert!
Congratulations!
Look forward to meet you again .
Old 8 Mar 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3717215)   #9
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Very pleased to hear this - be great to see you back in France.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3717563)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's wonderful news Robert and in such advantageous circumstances too! It'll be good to see you again!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3718949)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's terrific news Robert, and not before time, your absence his not gone unnoticed!

Do you know your itinerary yet, and the size of your group?

Shall look forward to seeing you again in June mate
Old 17 Mar 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3719484)   #12
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
UPDATE.

Good to hear from you guys. Here's the latest: flight to Paris is booked. I'm flying in Tuesday the 13th. I'll spend a few days seeing the sights and whatnot. I meet my tour group at CDG on Friday. Right now, I don't know how many tourists I'll have; usually the group is around 20. From Paris, we take our private bus to Tours. Saturday morning we'll take the bus to Le Mans, leave at 11 that night and back Sunday around 10. After the race, back to Tours, and then Paris Monday morning. I'm flying back on Tuesday.

I'm really excited about coming back. I can't wait to see you guys and catch up.
Old 18 Mar 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3719542)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sounds like you will be busy, so lets hope you get a few moments to meet up, not that long now until the WEC season starts and only 3 months until we will be standing watching the cars at le mans
Old 20 Mar 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3720293)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hello Robert, you will be a real guide for them. You know all the tricks of the circuit now. I am very receptive about the perspective of a fine Texas Whiskey. And the one from the last time was truly fantastic.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3721139)   #15
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Great news to have you back !

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI RIO-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk