Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which campsite will you be staying at for Le Mans this year?
Tertre Rouge 10 20.00%
Hunaudieres 0 0%
Expo 1 2.00%
Houx 9 18.00%
Houx Annexe 3 6.00%
Bleu Nord 2 4.00%
Bleu Sud 1 2.00%
Maison Blanche 7 14.00%
Karting 0 0%
Porsche Curves (Travel Destinations) 1 2.00%
Beausejour 1 2.00%
Dairon 0 0%
Pincenardiere 0 0%
I'm a local 2 4.00%
I'm a namby-pamby (hotel for me) 3 6.00%
Other Unnamed Campsite 7 14.00%
Marshals Campsite 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Mar 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3385380)   #101
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. I'm now pondering a mahoosive cable, and twin adaptor, so I make sure I can hook up to mains... Good idea?
I need to have the fridge chilling. I shall have cheese...
Old 28 Mar 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3385449)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The electric situation is quite a heath robinson affair you will need several connectors and massive amounts of tape, the earlier you are there the better, usually best to spur off someone close to you that has already connected to the main supply
Old 28 Mar 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3385529)   #103
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We will welcome you in the traditional way, warm beer and incinerated BBQ food.
When will you be arriving Tim
Another TR virgin over here Simon....
I will make sure to bring something nice to drink!
Old 28 Mar 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3385591)   #104
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Hmmm. I'm now pondering a mahoosive cable, and twin adaptor, so I make sure I can hook up to mains... Good idea?
I need to have the fridge chilling. I shall have cheese...
A fridge uses very little power. My deep fryer or water boiler on the other hand

Only managed to trip the circuit breaker once while frying some french fries, so you'll be fine with just a fridge.

But the level of Heath Robinsonness or Pat and Matness is indeed a bit high

Old 28 Mar 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3385616)   #105
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
and another here too! we'll... see what we can do about some cake
Old 28 Mar 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3385665)   #106
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Drink on the campsite is in plentiful supply.
Don't forget to fill in the top poll, to keep TR in the lead
Old 28 Mar 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3385700)   #107
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Have done that already...
Old 28 Mar 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3385703)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Have done that already...
Are you sure, nothing showing above, click on the 7 recorded against TR and no sign of you
Old 28 Mar 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3385705)   #109
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
In that case it makes 8 now...
Old 4 Apr 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3388662)   #110
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Seeing some commentary on another forum (one loosely connected with Alpinism) regarding gas bottles other than those properly attached to caravans being banned this year.

From a personal perspective I can see that I might be able to do without (although tartiflette might be a touch more challenging) but for others could genuinely be quite a pain. Anyone else heard anything on this or is it one of these never enforced provisos that appears on the bits of tickets that nobody ever reads?
Old 4 Apr 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3388666)   #111
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Coal would be going at a high rate at the Carrefour if this is true!
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3388674)   #112
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Ian, could you provide us with a link?

I really hope this is not true!!!
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3388676)   #113
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Coal would be going at a high rate at the Carrefour if this is true!
if it is the case, then some of us later arrivals may abandon the tent and other compulsory equipment in favour of filling the car with coal and setting up shop
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:23 (Ref:3388680)   #114
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I thought my barbecuedays were over.....
Having invested in some luxury items such as a big bottle of propane and a two-pits campingaz stove and a small one-pit stove with a can/canister.

How on earth could they ban campinggaz bottles on a camping????
Surely these are much safer than bbq's?

I really hope this is some kind of delayed april 1st "joke"
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3388684)   #115
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
if this is true then we have to cook inside our tent, no matter what, we will have BBQ and campinggaz with us. As Always.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3388687)   #116
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Ian, could you provide us with a link?

I really hope this is not true!!!
Intriguingly the forum in question, and I'm sure moderators won't mind me saying it's Beermountain, is one of the vanishingly few sites blocked by my work firewall ("Reason: The Web Filtering category Intimate Apparel/Swimsuit is filtered." ... go figure), so I can't get you a link all that easily in the short term.

I find it a bit perplexing. Never seen any problems / safety issues with CampingGaz bottles etc and you'd have thought more/bigger fires would have a worse effect.

As I hinted, we generally cook on a barbecue and have replaced our small gas stove used for heating kettle etc with a BioLite wood stove (which comes up to speed way more quickly thanks to the built in fan), but it's not for everyone.

Might have to find some space in the car for some of the wood shed's content...
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3388689)   #117
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's the thread called gas bottles?

in which case the link is here: http://www.beermountain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8511

and the link as posted by one of the members on there is here: http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf

(moderators privilege to post links to other forums )
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3388690)   #118
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
ACO getting more and more ridiculous every year. Why on earth is my propane bottle forbidden, and small campingaz ones not???

Another item on the 'to hide at entrance' list.

Sigh....

Edited to say: Offside camping looking more and more attractive each year... Or even the namby pamby hotel option. Stupid morons (the ACO that is, not our beloved namby pamby hotel goers...)

Last edited by vincegail; 4 Apr 2014 at 14:08.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3388695)   #119
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect they have had a few 'incidents' with beer, and large propane bottles. Those things can go a LONG way, very quickly, if knocked over...
I doubt they'll worry if you look sensible. I have had NO hassle over anything at LM, yet seen the loud stereo carload of lads behind me pulled in for a detailed scrutiny.
I for one will not mourn the farting of Mini Motos...
Old 4 Apr 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3388699)   #120
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Have a caravan, so feel suitably smug.
Am camping away from the circuit, so feel even more smug.

Perhaps others like me could throw food parcels (cold tartiflette, stale croissants, raw steaks haches) at those on the official campsites as we pass?
Old 4 Apr 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3388704)   #121
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Just raw eggs would suffice... Though a few warm cans of lager that fail to explode on impact could provide hours of harmless amusement?
Old 4 Apr 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3388750)   #122
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
From all the bits i have read it appears to be the usual mess the ACO get itself into, The fact that most of the gas bottles are attached to BBQ's Cookers etc means they are OK but what about the showers they have gas bottles stacked around to heat the water. Just like the glass ban it will be unenforced and forgotten about
Old 4 Apr 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3388755)   #123
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol, no pocketbikes allowed? Don't believe that's going to happen
But nothing about glass

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf
Old 4 Apr 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3388805)   #124
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not allowing big bottles is a very strange rule. I don't see any danger or have seen dangerous activities with the big propane bottles. I have seen small bottles blown up in campfires though. Luckily it doesn't apply to me as I have to travel light. Seems to me ACO wants to spoil all the non autosport related fun by not allowing litle motors, swimmingpools (it will be hot this year) etc.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3388806)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Stupid morons (the ACO that is, not our beloved namby pamby hotel goers...)