Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Nov 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2343308)   #1
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
2009: News, Rumours, Entries, ...

No more Futurecom and no new drivers at Audi.
Quote:
Development of the 2008 championship winning DTM car

Audi competes in the DTM as defending champions with a development of the 2008 championship winning car and with an ambitious target: Audi aims to be the first automobile manufacturer in the history of the "new" DTM to win the title three times in succession.

The DTM version of the new A4, which set the standards during the 2008 season with eight pole positions and six victories, is optimised in every area and carries the project name "R14 plus" internally.

Four new A4 cars and up to five 2008 cars will be fielded by the proven teams Abt Sportsline, Phoenix and Rosberg. Audi also relies on known quantities for its driver squad: Every driver will be recruited from the driver line-up seen in action during the 2008 season in the DTM and R10 TDI.
source: Audi Sport
Old 28 Nov 2008, 15:10 (Ref:2343325)   #2
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes is testing at Zandvoort at them moment. Yesterday Green and Paffet tested, today some potential young drivers are supposed to drive the cars. I'm sure the names will pop up on the internet soon.

Source: www.autosport.nl
Old 28 Nov 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2343327)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well that's half the grid sorted out then! Have Mercedes got any drivers confirmed for next season? I guess Spengler, Di Resta (if he's not in F1), Green, Paffet, Stoddart, Schumacher, Lauda and Engel are all "likely" to return along with 1 other to replace Schneider - so who gets the last seat and who gets the new cars?
Old 28 Nov 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2343335)   #4
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every driver will be recruited from the driver line-up seen in action during the 2008 season in the DTM and R10 TDI

Note that all the drivers must have been in an Audi last year, but not nescesarily in the DTM-Audi. In thory that could mean a return of McNish or Capello.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2343337)   #5
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or Fässler, wouldn't be suprised to see him back. And what about Albers?
Old 28 Nov 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2343345)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Kolles (Futurecom) will run VW powered cars in Euroseries F3 next season.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2343346)   #7
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Faessler did pretty well in FIA GT last year IIRC. I don't know if he has a contract for next year. Although if so, I'm sure he has an option to get out of it when he can race in the probably much higher paying DTM.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2343408)   #8
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
My quick gamble for Audi line up: Ekström, Scheider, Tomczyk, Premat in 2009 car and Fässler, Jarvis, Rockenfeller, Winkelhock, Legge in 2008 car. Kristensen retiring from DTM...
Old 2 Dec 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2345458)   #9
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will there be any two-year-old Mercs? I'm afraid Susie is going to have another 'season to forget'.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2345522)   #10
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Premat Fässler, Jarvis, Rockenfeller, Winkelhock
I' be very surprised if not one of those names would be replaced by Alberts.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2345536)   #11
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi
Will there be any two-year-old Mercs? I'm afraid Susie is going to have another 'season to forget'.
No I doubt that, same procedure as this year.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2345538)   #12
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Well that's half the grid sorted out then! Have Mercedes got any drivers confirmed for next season? I guess Spengler, Di Resta (if he's not in F1), Green, Paffet, Stoddart, Schumacher, Lauda and Engel are all "likely" to return along with 1 other to replace Schneider - so who gets the last seat and who gets the new cars?
Paffett will probably take up the last 09 car, he has already been testing the mule together with Green.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2345573)   #13
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil
I' be very surprised if not one of those names would be replaced by Alberts.
Winkelhock will continue if his mainsponsor Hugo Boss will. If not, he has his lastname to work for him..
Old 2 Dec 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2345598)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Paffett will probably take up the last 09 car, he has already been testing the mule together with Green.
So if Di Resta stays in DTM then the 09 cars would be for Di Resta, Paffet, Green and Spengler? I would have thought there would have to have been a German driver in one of the new cars for purely marketing reasons?
Old 2 Dec 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2345600)   #15
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've heard Schumacher will stay only if he gets a 09spec car. And if Di Resta doesn't get any seat at GP or GP2 series,Mercedes will have to make 5 new cars.
Besides, no Mugello next year,and Dijon instead Bugatti.
I've seen French GT at Dijon at MotorsTV. It's going to be the fastest track in the year. And more interesting.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2345623)   #16
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Dijon is also much closer to Germany.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2345629)   #17
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Paffet naturally deserves a 09 car, on merit, but if he will get one depends if Merc will let him in from the dog house (crossing Haug and try make your own F1 plans is dangerous). And no Germans in the Merc top lineup for sure would be a difficult sell in both boardrooms and to the public. However if Di Resta can get a seat in F1 already 09 (the recent McL - Force India deal could provide just that) Paffets chances of getting a car he deserves increase a whole lot.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2345827)   #18
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
If Gary doesn't get a new car next season,I don't want to watch this show any more. I prefer fair play. And every year DTM makes a step far from where it was in 2000,when there were some fair action with great cars.
There's no real sport in popular series and champs. Real racing lives in national series - GT or F3. I don't think LMS is so popular to name it as a 'show',so it's racing too.
Today if series bosses want to collect lots of spectators they transform racing into show.
But it's a very difficult question. If bosses want to have some Racing without elements of show,they won't get any advertising,spectators and money. So,it should be well balanced. In DTM it's getting worse every year.
Old 2 Dec 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2345868)   #19
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
If Gary doesn't get a new car next season,I don't want to watch this show any more.
Yeah, IMO, if he still doesnt get a proper car next year, he should just give Haug the finger and switch to Audi.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2346109)   #20
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil
Yeah, IMO, if he still doesnt get a proper car next year, he should just give Haug the finger and switch to Audi.
I doubt that Ullrich get him new car. May be in GT3.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 07:12 (Ref:2346111)   #21
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There's no real sport in popular series and champs. Real racing lives in national series - GT or F3. I don't think LMS is so popular to name it as a 'show',so it's racing too.
Today if series bosses want to collect lots of spectators they transform racing into show.
But it's a very difficult question. If bosses want to have some Racing without elements of show,they won't get any advertising,spectators and money. So,it should be well balanced. In DTM it's getting worse every year.
If spectators switch to another serie - big bosses buy it and make their usual show. Or kill like old ITC, FIA GT, Group C
Old 5 Dec 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2348154)   #22
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
DTM is really a lame series, even their silly-season is boring....
Old 5 Dec 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2348163)   #23
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Naaa, there ia a lot of things happening.

However, if I wrote anything about these things, I would get shot!
Old 5 Dec 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2348183)   #24
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Naaa, there ia a lot of things happening.

However, if I wrote anything about these things, I would get shot!
I heard something about the 2010-regs being finalized before Christmas, but that's not exactly silly season 08/09.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2348298)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
DTM is really a lame series, even their silly-season is boring....
true