Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Feb 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4037104)   #976
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Morning Baubs

It is Dave Richards above Piper and below Bell -did you have that one?

We might be at a point where you scan the remaining unknowns out separately so tracking them is easier - possible?

Torts
I only have the pics from a friend who won a model Ferrari at the dinner, and if he does not have a guest list - Well?

I have been listing possible names and looking for signed photo on the net, which worked for Bell, Kristiansen, and to confirm Norman Dewis. I must say that David Brabham's signature looks very like the start of Dalmas's.

I will take on board you various suggestions, lads, and follow the same method.

We can do it!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4037106)   #977
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Is the one above De Cadenet Harry Tincknell?
RB it does not help much when you answer a question with a question, please be a little more precise.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4037110)   #978
bauble
Veteran

England
It is Andy Priaulx under Attwood.

I make it. Missing names.
Second Pic;
Top left
Bottom left and right.

All agreed?

Good call on Ticknell and Richards. Cheers.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4037118)   #979
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And who was this Kristiansen, please? Chief of the orchestra may be…
Old 26 Feb 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4037143)   #980
bauble
Veteran

England
Pic 2 Bottom left Martin Brundle? Opinions please.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4037147)   #981
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Pic 2 Bottom left Martin Brundle? Opinions please.
Net shows he is not always quite the same but there are a lot of similar features - I would agree it is M B
Old 26 Feb 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4037148)   #982
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picture 1 bottom left looks like Ross Brawn.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4037160)   #983
relativtortoise
Racer

Quote:
Picture 1 bottom left looks like Ross Brawn.
Yes - looks just right
Old 26 Feb 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4037163)   #984
bauble
Veteran

England
Pic 2 Bottom left Brendon Hartley? Agree?

RB I will check Ross with the picture of he and I, that he signed.

Well spotted RB a perfect match.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4037165)   #985
relativtortoise
Racer

Quote:
I think that is Martin Brundle - look at the forming of the 'B' midway
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4037169)   #986
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

RB I will check Ross with the picture of he and I, that he signed.

Well spotted RB a perfect match.
Hardly call him a Lew Mans legend though.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4037178)   #987
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
LE Mans low legend? He had a stool instead of a chair for the dinner…
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4037181)   #988
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t what a Lew Mans legend is either. Maybe the stool theory is right!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4037194)   #989
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I believe he is a patron of the associated charity.... along with Derek Bell, David Brabham, Martin Brundle and David Richards.

I just found this article on the dinner which suggests/implies that. It is specifically about the 2017 dinner and mentions a few of the names picked up on here.

https://www.thegentlemanracer.com/20...ty-dinner.html

Edit: Just realised I think it is referring to the 2018 dinner looking at the link, but some of the names are relevant.

Last edited by E.B; 26 Feb 2021 at 18:13.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4037199)   #990
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
I think that is Martin Brundle - look at the forming of the 'B' midway
Yep! I go with Bungle
Just two to go, Top left and bottom right Pic 2 any ideas?

Apart from Tom C, they are all UK based drivers so who is left, Guy Smith, Mark Webber, Nick Tandy, Anthony Davidson, Alan McNish, come on Gerard, you are Le Grande Expert on Le Mans.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4037208)   #991
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Just realised I think it is referring to the 2018 dinner looking at the link, but some of the names are relevant.
Brilliant!
I'm but a Le Mans expert, Bob, just keen. As an ex LM driver, I wonder why I've not been invited. I'm famous in my street and amongst my family! Anyway, I'm amazed to see that you can make four pages of the thread with only a poor copy of an obscure dinner… Kudos!

Last edited by Gerard C; 26 Feb 2021 at 18:38.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4037213)   #992
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just out of my curiosity, Chris, what the heck are you doing at 6 in the morning on the forum? C'est le dernier pipi pour la route ou alors tu as une jolie blonde dans ton lit? Veinard!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4037218)   #993
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top left pic.2 looks like "Nielson" or similar - the only one I can think of is John Nielsen, the Danish sportscar racer
Old 26 Feb 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4037219)   #994
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, whilst doing a quick search (unsuccessfully) for John Nielsen's autograph, I came across this picture of a signed Andy Wallace pic, which answers who is bottom right of the same sheet

Name:  Andy-Wallace-Silk-Cut-Jaguar-XJR9-Brands-Hatch.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  28.3 KB
Old 26 Feb 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4037220)   #995
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Also, whilst doing a quick search (unsuccessfully) for John Nielsen's autograph, I came across this picture of a signed Andy Wallace pic, which answers who is bottom right of the same sheet

Attachment 67386
Well done Alco I could not think of that blokes name when searching for signatures..
But it is him for sure.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4037221)   #996
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
He won it in 2017, so maybe somewhat justified, he has won again since.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4037225)   #997
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Just out of my curiosity, Chris, what the heck are you doing at 6 in the morning on the forum? C'est le dernier pipi pour la route ou alors tu as une jolie blonde dans ton lit? Veinard!
I was up early and an now just about to walk out the door to go to Sandown for some fun with cars.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4037226)   #998
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Always better to get there early to a race track. Enjoy, we’re still waiting for motorsport in this country to return
Old 27 Feb 2021, 06:54 (Ref:4037244)   #999
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Seems Wallace have signed with his tires! Dis m'en un peu plus, Chris… Elles sont aussi mignonnes que sur les publicités, les Australiennes?
Old 27 Feb 2021, 07:32 (Ref:4037245)   #1000
bauble
Veteran

England
Just one unidentified squiggle, fairly distinctive, should be easy to name if we knew who else was there,

Many thanks for all your help chaps, especially Old Shell Back, he was quick of the mark. Amazing what you can achieve with friends.