Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jan 2024, 13:52 (Ref:4190934)   #2301
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im surroundd by Smartypants types!
Email sent anyway, no doubt for Bob to put me back into the corner of the Stupido Club.
Old 6 Jan 2024, 17:18 (Ref:4190949)   #2302
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Don't you think the Ferrari should have a white stripe at front (If related to Sir Stirling Moss)? Well, where is my coat now?
Old 6 Jan 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4190950)   #2303
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it had been the Moss then it would have been registered as 1SWB, it is just a Ferrari 250SWB, not the Moss car.
Old 6 Jan 2024, 17:31 (Ref:4190951)   #2304
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Don't you think the Ferrari should have a white stripe at front (If related to Sir Stirling Moss)? Well, where is my coat now?
The Rob Walker 250 GT SWB, along with the Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato the two most stunning cars ever made. IMHO of course.
Old 6 Jan 2024, 17:41 (Ref:4190953)   #2305
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
If it had been the Moss then it would have been registered as 1SWB, it is just a Ferrari 250SWB, not the Moss car.
There is no such thing as "just a Ferrari 250 SWB"
Old 6 Jan 2024, 18:07 (Ref:4190957)   #2306
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was over 150 of them made!
Old 6 Jan 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4190959)   #2307
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
double post.
Old 6 Jan 2024, 18:21 (Ref:4190960)   #2308
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To aid, and prompt discussion ....

All my own work..
Attached Thumbnails
757.JPG   796.JPG   816.JPG  

IMG_5406.JPG   IMG_9159.JPG   Sketch099 (1).jpg  

Old 6 Jan 2024, 18:29 (Ref:4190961)   #2309
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I recognise that last picture, I do not remember passing it on to you.
Old 6 Jan 2024, 19:06 (Ref:4190964)   #2310
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
double post.
There was over 150 of them made! Which gives 300 or two times over 150? Puzzling!
Old 6 Jan 2024, 19:10 (Ref:4190966)   #2311
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'Experts' can't agree.

Talacrest- "Of the 176 examples built, both steel and aluminum bodies were used in various road ("lusso") and racing trims."

Kidston- "Marque historians consider that no more than 165 SWBs were built. After an initial run of pure competition cars with all-alloy bodies, over a two-year period Ferrari offered the more refined steel 250 GT SWB Lusso (‘luxury’) to its best clients."
Old 6 Jan 2024, 21:24 (Ref:4190974)   #2312
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I recognise that last picture, I do not remember passing it on to you.
Sorry, RB I borrowed it as I do not have one of the car in my collection, I seem to remember you posted it in a puzzle of your own, once upon a time.
I was there that day, but did not have my Box Brownie.

Apologies and thanks.

Note; RBS had the right answer to the puzzle.
Old 6 Jan 2024, 21:29 (Ref:4190975)   #2313
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The Rob Walker 250 GT SWB, along with the Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato the two most stunning cars ever made. IMHO of course.
Peter, not my choice, but both beautiful designs, in past posts on the subject I am staggered by the things people find 'beautiful'

The Ferrari in particular is a work of art.

I am glad we can agree on somethings
Old 6 Jan 2024, 21:37 (Ref:4190977)   #2314
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I was there but not old enough to be let lose with a camera!
Old 7 Jan 2024, 03:44 (Ref:4190993)   #2315
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was there but not old enough to be let lose with a camera!
July 1952...... I can (just) say I wasnt even a twinkle in my Father's eye

FWIW I couldnt even work out what the question was on that post.
Old 7 Jan 2024, 07:00 (Ref:4190997)   #2316
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
FWIW I couldnt even work out what the question was on that post.
EB; There was no question, that is why you could not work it out - perhaps?
The pictures were more clues to the 'connection' puzzle, however, maybe you can ID all of the cars for us? I know you like a challenge.
Old 7 Jan 2024, 08:02 (Ref:4190998)   #2317
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
email sent!
Old 7 Jan 2024, 14:23 (Ref:4191017)   #2318
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
email sent!
Did you send a question?
Old 8 Jan 2024, 16:54 (Ref:4191143)   #2319
bauble
Veteran

England
Who is the odd-one-out, and why? That is all I ask, simple really.
Attached Thumbnails
194a0678705202b928f734338a1f3ed7.jpg   hlNngxazE6gQ7nL_VP3dUJ_EAtDp0pxS.jpg   juan-pablo-montoya-1260_2_0.jpg  

wp4269812.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 8 Jan 2024, 19:21 (Ref:4191150)   #2320
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Montoya . Never world F1 champion.What do I win Bob.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 20:10 (Ref:4191154)   #2321
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Montoya . Never world F1 champion.What do I win Bob.
Try harder, did you think I would put up something as simple as that, but you are half way there.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 21:23 (Ref:4191160)   #2322
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Try harder, did you think I would put up something as simple as that, but you are half way there.
And I thought Delta had got that one fair and square. It just goes to show whatever is in our quizmasters mind is often shrouded in mystery

Maybe Clark is the odd one out because he only drove for the one team throughout his F1 career.

Edit: Of course it could be Hill, the only person to win the "Triple Crown". Hill was also the only one pictured to have a son become WDC as well.

Last edited by E.B; 8 Jan 2024 at 21:53.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 22:45 (Ref:4191166)   #2323
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Flying eck.
Old 9 Jan 2024, 01:09 (Ref:4191176)   #2324
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And I thought Delta had got that one fair and square. It just goes to show whatever is in our quizmasters mind is often shrouded in mystery

Maybe Clark is the odd one out because he only drove for the one team throughout his F1 career.

Edit: Of course it could be Hill, the only person to win the "Triple Crown". Hill was also the only one pictured to have a son become WDC as well.

As I pointed out to another competitor via PM, they are all the odd-one for some reason, however, five have achieved something quite significant, while one has not, and it is not being WDC. Well that is, not just that.

Last edited by bauble; 9 Jan 2024 at 01:12. Reason: Clarification.
Old 9 Jan 2024, 08:38 (Ref:4191202)   #2325
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Well that is, not just that.
Thanks for making things clear. By the way, what is your question?