Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1354666)   #1
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max's proposals - the whole letter

I just read this. I think it states what many of us have been saying for a long time - especially the part on driver aids.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050713/40/c9uc.html

I like it and hope things go more along these lines and QUICKLY.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1354709)   #2
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Rules

Well I can say this much, F1 will be completely diffrent. I agree with removing all Drivers aids and making this a more Drivers Championship. This is a great idea and I have been behind it for a long time. I think that driver aids in F1 have developed to the point they cannot develop anymore and have even been brought into production cars so I feel their purpose in F1 are over. Time to try something new and ban them so F1 can return to a true Driver and Machine series. I think it will make the great drivers shine and the poor drivers miserable and it will help rid us of the men who don't belong in F1 and will bring in new drivers based on their skill and not the money they bring in.

One Tire supplier is something I was against before I went down to Indiana for the Indianapolis GP. Before if someone would have asked me about it I would have told them I'd even like to see Good Year get involved and make it a three tire company fight. I use to enjoy seeing the diffrences in tires and it was another angle of the sport i loved to learn and watch, but after having to sit through a six car race, thanks to that French Tire Company I say one tire is a great idea and it should be Bridge Stone. I think it will bring Stability to the sport and will even out the playing field because all the teams will be running on the same tire that got the same amount of testing through out the off season.

I like the Aero ideas of having moveable wings and what not very old school ideas that were banned and could come back if they use a Down Force Limit. I guess a Down Force limit doesnt bother me to much if it means more passing and cars being able to follow each other closer, and the way Max describes it as the teams having more freadom with creative body work and only have to deal with a limit of how much downforce they can run i guess is ok by me, I'd llike to hear what you guys think about this.

Lastly Max wants to kill expensive technology or bring in a partners who will pay to put the expensive technology in the cars. F1 has always been about pursueing expensive Technology and I think if you take it away you turn the sport into something like Champ Car. Their is already a Champ Car we don't need another. So I think theirs a few things that have already been developed that Max can do to make things cheaper. Like he has stated before giving all the teams the same standard brakes and tires but I think thats where it has to stop.

Banning exotic matierials for engines and gearboxes I think is screwing to much will what F1 has always been about. And I'm going to get bashed by people because i said im ok with Standard FiA brakes. I just think what they pay for brakes is crazy. F1 still needs to have the science and the team creative input that makes one car unique to another. Back in the old days cars use to look way diffrent from each other. Now everyone tries to copy Ferrarie lol. I'd like to see the teams get more creative and I think FIA needs to stop banning everything these teams develop. Maybe these new rules will open up what they can and cant do.

Personally, I would like to see this two engine per weekend rule end.

I would like to see the F1 teams be able to change tires in the pits because it makes Pit Stops boring and I think this 1 tire rule is kind of dangerous.

I would like to see slick tires back instead of groves and i think thats one of maxes proposals.

I'd like to see a diffrent way of penalizing the teams for a engine failure during a race weekend then docking a driver 10 spots. What does the driver have to do with the engine. Take points away from the teams.

Finally I would like to see the price for entering Formula 1 be brought down. If Max is so concerned about the expense not bringing more teams maybe he should get rid of the entry fee all together since it cost so much just to say we want in.

Those are my thoughts let me know what you guys think.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1354731)   #3
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Well Look at This

Quote:
Max Mosley has responded to F1 fans' request to keep the sport's cutting-edge technology...

[EDIT: Sorry I didn't know which bits showed yoru point /EDIT]
This is all from planet F1 (http://www.ferrariportal.com/search/...useaction=home)

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Jul 2005 at 16:21. Reason: Copyright, please do not copy and past entire articles. The link is good, but just quote thebits that make your point for posting the thread. I've trimmed it to try and do that, but could only guess.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1354833)   #4
ParkLife
Racer

ParkLife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hazzah! Finally, some *really* good ideas for the future of F1's technical regulations.

Personally I can't find a single thing to disgree with in that letter. Congratulations Max and the FIA (did I just say that!?)
Old 13 Jul 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1354848)   #5
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Haha

I Believe you did.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 00:02 (Ref:1355099)   #6
wevets
Rookie

wevets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd also like to see starting positions drawn from a hat, seriously.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1355105)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm still holding out for the "Drivers to drive a different car at each GP" rule.

This would be done by locking 20-26 F1 cars in a compound and then sending in around 30 or so current F1 drivers (blindfolded) to fight it out for a seat.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 07:18 (Ref:1355208)   #8
wevets
Rookie

wevets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
splendid idea! the fight could also be televised.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1355248)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the draft 2008 regs are very good indeed, people should stop meddling becuase thats whats cocked up F1 in recent years
Old 14 Jul 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1355262)   #10
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Be more interesting than current qualifying

How this;

Saturday:
Qualify in the car that you raced the previous round, in reverse championship order, the cars go into parc ferme, the drivers then choose a car number out of the hat which gives them the car that they will drive in the race, the car are then released back to the teams to setup for the drivers. On Sunday there could be a 30 minute warmup to allow the teams/drivers to fettle the cars.

This would make a real lottery of Qualifying, as the drivers wouldn't end up in the cars or position that they qualified in, and it would make for a real test of drivers to see how well they can go in a different car.