Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Mar 2024, 08:26 (Ref:4201638)   #76
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Do the people who participate in TCR actually want it to fail?

GRM protesting a result which was meaningless to the whole field bar one is nutso
The powers that be gridding the 3rd race of the event on the back of the reverse grid race, which ran on a grid set by the cancelled race is plain stupid.

Being surprised that a driver and team who brings his own sponsor, manufacturer support and car ownership to the grid, and was the one most disadvantaged by the race cancellation… and pulls in on the formation lap with a healthy car… should not have been a shock!

R3 was nuts.. only because just about every car in the field was out of position, and crashing into everyone else seemed to be not only approved, but actively encouraged.

The series was definitely found wanting in leadership today.

Tony D’Alberto stood his ground, said principles trump anything else and stood down.
Stories go he may not be at the next round, in disgust.

Nice going GRM.
Aren’t those decisions made by Motorsport Australia? They are the ones who would have ruled Race 1 didn’t happen, the ones who chose what the grid lineup was for race 3, and the ones who ruled on driving standards.

Do TCR Australia management have any say in any of these decisions?

Totally understandable what Tony did, but if he does pull out of the class, it’s TCR that hurts due to an MA decision
Old 17 Mar 2024, 09:52 (Ref:4201640)   #77
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GRM as significant shareholder is involved in way too many controversial incidents.
Can you imagine if 888 were caught cheating in a series they owned a chunk of?

The silence regarding this along the sycophants is deafening
Old 17 Mar 2024, 10:35 (Ref:4201641)   #78
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
T

It is worth recalling that had the first race not been red flagged, Tony would have been penalised for jumping the start.

Sometimes things fall your way (ie the red flag) and sometimes they don't............clearly a life lesson lost on Tony.
Tony was cleared of jumping the first start by the officals while the race was red flagged so unless Rogers motorsport were going to protest this if they did not win the first protest then Tony would not of been penalised.

Be very interesting if Honda turn around next week and back Tony and turn around and pull out of TCR Australia while the Rogers are running the show
Old 17 Mar 2024, 10:47 (Ref:4201642)   #79
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was a display of incredible incompetence by both the race organisers and race control.
The race had a time certain finish scheduled at 3.48 which was 12 minutes before the telecast ended.From the time of the red flag they would have known they would not reach the minimum lap number if they stuck to that time.However someone made a decision that it was more important to have driver interviews in Parc Ferme than continuing the race for another 5 minutes which would have allowed it to reach the minimum lap count for half points.They could have continued it for 10 minutes and then cut to end of telecast.
I agree the Rogers protest was another nail in the coffin of TCR in Australia but the real villains are the people who decided meaningless interviews were more important than a valid race.
Old 17 Mar 2024, 10:49 (Ref:4201643)   #80
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I agree the Rogers protest was another nail in the coffin of TCR in Australia but the real villain are the people who decided meaningless interviews were more important than a valid race.
100%
Old 17 Mar 2024, 11:30 (Ref:4201649)   #81
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
GRM as significant shareholder is involved in way too many controversial incidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8man View Post

Be very interesting if Honda turn around next week and back Tony and turn around and pull out of TCR Australia while the Rogers are running the show

Depends which part of GRM wanted to protest.

If the Bargwanna/Hangcha arm wanted to protest, or the Cox/Schaeffler arm, or the Casha’s, how can GRM say to those who pay them to run their cars that they won’t protest because they own the series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
but the real villains are the people who decided meaningless interviews were more important than a valid race.
That would be Motorsport Australia presumably as they did the TV deal.

Supercars also have always done the same thing ever since Pukekohe 2007 when they ran the races to the end of the broadcast and skipped the interviews and the audiences whinged they didn’t hear the winners speak….
Old 18 Mar 2024, 01:56 (Ref:4201707)   #82
Vassago
Rookie

Vassago should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They interviewed Jordan Cox before Race 3 and he said something like "rules are the rules but he doesn't understand it" so it doesn't seem like his part of the garage filed the protest and he was the highest placed GRM car in Race 1 so lost the most anyway.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 05:19 (Ref:4201714)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be a surprise if Mr D’Alberto bothers going to the next round.
Hope the income from running the 2 Harris Racing cars without it keeps Wall Racibg ticking over..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Mar 2024, 07:08 (Ref:4201718)   #84
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit immature to be honest.
Not as if he has teams throwing $$$ at him to drive.

Annnnnyway !
Old 18 Mar 2024, 11:42 (Ref:4201746)   #85
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It would be a surprise if Mr D’Alberto bothers going to the next round.
Hope the income from running the 2 Harris Racing cars without it keeps Wall Racibg ticking over..
Is his DJR co-drive dependent on doing a full season of racing?
Old 19 Mar 2024, 04:33 (Ref:4201844)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wall Racing to Appeal
Old 20 Mar 2024, 10:31 (Ref:4201961)   #87
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see what grounds they have for appeal assuming that the rules state how many laps are needed to constitute a points scoring race. Even the basic club level stuff I do in the UK has that in the rules.
Old 21 Mar 2024, 10:55 (Ref:4202090)   #88
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
Can't see what grounds they have for appeal assuming that the rules state how many laps are needed to constitute a points scoring race. Even the basic club level stuff I do in the UK has that in the rules.
They should appeal Race 2 which was run with the top ten reversed but as Race 1 was declared a non race so the second race was gridded up incorrectly so show of also been declared a non race
Old 22 Mar 2024, 04:55 (Ref:4202191)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8man View Post
They should appeal Race 2 which was run with the top ten reversed but as Race 1 was declared a non race so the second race was gridded up incorrectly so show of also been declared a non race
Then appeal R3 off the back of a finishing order/starting order from a non-race.

Messy
Old 22 Mar 2024, 07:53 (Ref:4202203)   #90
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small grids and politics not a good mix!

Race 3 was pretty good plenty of hard racing.

Race 2 was okay.

Race 1 was pretty good, but what a debacle with the behind the scenes politics and protest that followed!

Hopefully the Wall Racing Honda will race again this season.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4202223)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Small grids and politics not a good mix!

Race 3 was pretty good plenty of hard racing.

Race 2 was okay.

Race 1 was pretty good, but what a debacle with the behind the scenes politics and protest that followed!

Hopefully the Wall Racing Honda will race again this season.
Nor is having half the grid owned by the same people…

Perhaps Mr D’Alberto can sell the current car to the Harris Family..
Old 23 Mar 2024, 10:14 (Ref:4202384)   #92
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Series is cooked.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 06:15 (Ref:4202797)   #93
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 8 Apr 2024, 07:51 (Ref:4204162)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Still No Resolution

And will Mr D’Alberto run at the next round anyway?
Old 8 Apr 2024, 10:35 (Ref:4204191)   #95
one five five
Veteran

I think it’s safe to say they’ll be there, they’ve all got too much invested……one assumes the new category manager may have been working overtime to smooth it all over though from a TCR category perspective

As long as it doesn’t happen again though……and with MA it probably will
Old 10 Apr 2024, 01:23 (Ref:4204413)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 11 Apr 2024, 08:31 (Ref:4204582)   #97
one five five
Veteran

TD’s Honda is on site with his name and number on the car
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:00 (Ref:4204598)   #98
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Story Here

Decision Here
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:04 (Ref:4204603)   #99
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 14 Apr 2024, 00:41 (Ref:4204897)   #100
Vassago
Rookie

Vassago should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More bad luck for D'Alberto in PI Race 1. He had pole but was pushed off on lap 1 and finished dead last. Brad Harris tried to pass Buchan for 2nd place but ended up pinballing Buchan into D'Alberto.

Harris got a 10 sec penalty which dropped him from 2nd to 9th but that also means he's on front row for Race 2