Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1227570)   #1
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2005 V8Supercar Fantasy Championship (Warning, Large Images!!)

2005 TEN-TENTHS V8 SUPERCAR FANTASY CHAMPIONSHIP

Entering its third year, the Ten-Tenths V8Supercar Fantasy Championship allows you, the humble V8 fan, to take up the reins of your very own V8Supercar team in the quest for championship glory. The premise is a simple one - hire your drivers, then sit back and watch them blow your competitors into the weeds. However, if you're not that lucky, you can always fire those lazy underperforming so-and-so's and get someone else in!
Now, with just one month left until the Clipsal 500, it is time to finalise negotiations with your drivers and show off your shiny new V8 weapons to the adoring public...

1. Drivers

Your bank manager has allowed you a maximum of $3,000,000 to spend on up to 4 drivers for your team.
Here is how much they cost:

$2,000,000
Marcos Ambrose

$1,750,000
Jason Bright
Russell Ingall
Rick Kelly
Todd Kelly
Greg Murphy
Steven Richards

$1,500,000
Jason Bargwanna
John Bowe
Craig Lowndes
Garth Tander
Mark Skaife

$1,250,000
Steven Johnson
Brad Jones
Cameron McConville
Jason Richards
Glenn Seton

$1,000,000
Steve Ellery
Paul Morris
Paul Radisich
Greg Ritter
Paul Weel
Mark Winterbottom

$750,000
Craig Baird
David Besnard
Alex Davison
Paul Dumbrell
Andrew Jones
Anthony Tratt
Simon Wills

$500,000
Will Davison
Steve Owen
Jamie Whincup
Matthew White

Endurance Drivers
Enduro drivers become available for hire for Sandown and Bathurst. Details below.

Other Drivers
If anyone else not listed above drives in one of the non-enduro rounds (a la the IMS Rent-A-Ride), they will be valued at $500,000.

2. Hiring & Firing

As Team Owner/Manager, you get to be more ruthless than John Briggs and Craig Gore put together! You are permitted to sack any or all of your drivers in the lead-up to a round, and replace them - so long as you don’t blow the salary cap or 4-driver limit.
To sack/hire someone, post here expressing your disappointment in your ex-employee(s), and your hopes for your new driver(s).
You can do this twice during the season.

Endurance Drivers
This got a bit confusing last year, so I'll try to make it easier to understand
If you wish, you may use one of your two allowed driver changes to hire enduro drivers for Sandown and Bathurst. Your driver line-up, including enduro drivers, must still fit inside the $3M, 4-driver limits. In a change from last year, you will automatically revert to your normal driver lineup after Bathurst, should you choose this option.
A price list for enduro drivers will be released once we know who they are. As an added incentive, the once-a-year brigade will come with generously discounted price tags

So to sum things up:
- You can change your driver lineup twice during the regular single-driver rounds
or
- You can change your driver lineup once during the regular single-driver rounds and also employ enduro drivers
or
- You can exercise your right not to use either driver change if you don't want to.

Make sense? No? PM me if you've got any questions.

3. Points

Points are the same as the real series. Whatever a driver scores at each round in real life is what that driver will receive here, including penalties. Your worst round will not be dropped.
If you notice that your team hasn't scored as many points as you think they should have (or more than you think they should have ), there are a couple of likely reasons for this:
- My maths stinks
- I've only just realised your driver got penalised somewhere along the line (actually, this is a big problem for me as I can't figure out when a given driver got penalised - can anyone help me with that? )
Either way, let me know and I'll be only too glad to correct your score.

4. Team Announcements

Once you’ve picked your driving line-up, give your team a name, announce some sponsors, racing numbers, liveries, grid girls, mascots, overseas technical partners and any other stuff you can think of, and of course your manufacturer of choice, then post here giving a detailed description of the copious quantities of hide your team will kick in the forthcoming season.

To make it easy for me, could you please condense the propaganda into this sort of form following your press release:

<example>
Name: ANGER MANAGEMENT RACING
Sponsor(s): BLACK FLAG FLY SPRAY, FERODO BRAKES
Drivers:
#13 RICK KELLY
#87 MARCOS AMBROSE
Manufacturer: FORD

5. Other Things You Should Know As Team Owner

- You don’t have to use all $3 million, but DO NOT GO OVER BUDGET!!! You will be disqualified from the round if I discover any creative bookkeeping.
- A driver can be chosen by more than one team - these guys are consummate professionals and are able to drive 17 cars at once.
- Round results, championship standings, and a few little 'awards' will be posted in this very thread following the conclusion of each round.
- Feel free to write press releases on your team’s performance (or lack of). Show us how good you are at distributing propaganda.

Entries are open as of now, so start issuing those press releases!
Your team can be altered without penalty until Adelaide first practise (March 17).
Comments/suggestions are more than welcome, either here or via PM.

May the Fords be with you (or against you as the case may be),

Antrodemus
Chairman,
WOOFVESCO (World Organiser Of Fantasy Vee Eight Supercar Competitions)
Old 16 Feb 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1227643)   #2
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
jason7250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JGS MOTOR SPORT

After purchasing the disbanded Red Neck Racing. JGS Motor Sport enters the championship using their two recently built VZ Commodores using HMS powerplants purchased from GRM
drivers will be
16 Garth Tander
15 Andrew Jones

Last edited by jason7250; 16 Feb 2005 at 21:29.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1227696)   #3
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: Ross' revhead Racers.
Sponsors HIH, Worldcom, Enron, Ansett, Walker Constructions, National Textiles
Drivers
#2 Dr. M. Skaife, Esq. B.Med Sc
#20 The Hon. M. Winterbottom MP
#25 His Holiness Pope S. Owen III

Manufacturer: Chrysler HEMI

Ross' Revhead Racers is pleased to announce our 2005 racing line up. After a strong 4th in 2003 we were all a little dissapointed with our 2004 result and have made sure we have sent our drivers to extensive off season training which has seen them all return with extra qualifications.

On the corporate scene the team has been busy recruiting some of the worlds big spenders who have collectively pledged some $13.6 Bln for our three car campaign. We cannot wait to receive the first payments that were due last month but have all mysteriously not yet shown up. This proposed budget should ensure that our team is able to cover all the racing essentials such as Team Airbus A380 (plus Spare), full time 25 Member Precision Grid Girl Squad, Gold plated waste bins, 6 Bar Coffee Machine with Roasting facilities installed in the A-Trailer, Individual personal trainers and Masseurs for each team member and individual suites at Sofitels at each event. Our lean and mean team of 3,675 people (excluding butlers and personal assistants) is motivated to have a full crack for the championship providing is does not clash with their AA meetings, pedacure appointments or powernap schedule. What more can we want.

At the Team Headquarters we have created a childrens creche with 30 Hectare petting zoo including all of the worlds endangered species and issued corporate credit cards to the wifes and girlfriends (Boyfriend in the case of Siiymon our crossdressing truck driver) and feng shui'd the entire building, truck and portable pit facilities to ensure a full happy and harmonius relationship with our staff and the world.

That also left us with $149.39 for luxuries such as racecars, tyres and fuel.

It should be a good year!

Last edited by Ross Cadell; 16 Feb 2005 at 22:31.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1227732)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PINEAPPLE RACING RETURNS TO MOTORSPORT

After two years in the wilderness, Pineapple Racing will return to motor racing with a two car effort in the 2005 Fantasy V8Supercar Championship.

Sunshine Coast Pineapples will return as major sponsor after their CEO, Spike E. Hare and Pineapple Racing team owner, mac patched up their differences after an intense legal battle in 2003.

At the team launch, mac said he was thrilled to be re-uniting with Sunshine Coast Pineapples.

"Spike was disappointed in our use of pineapples for sexual purposes during a team bonding trip and wanted to get out of his contract early," said mac.

"He was also disappointed that we stole money from his company to pay for the team bonding trip."

mac believes the partnership can now go from strength to strength.

"The judge forced us to literally kiss and make up and since then, things have been great.

"Spike keeps following me around, touching me in inappropriate ways and calling me in the middle of the night and breathing heavily into the phone, but hey ......... he pays the bills."

Sunshine Coast Pineapples CEO, Spike E. Hare says he cannot wait to resume the company's relationship with Pineapple Racing.

"mac is so spunky," said the extroverted CEO. "I look forward to dressing him up as our grid girl during the season."

Pineapple Racing will run FPR's two newly constructed BA Falcons, leaving that team with no cars to run. Ford will be the major technical partner.

mac commented on the team's decision to go with Ford, "I was in negotiations with both companies.

"But I went to visit Holden for a meeting and as I walked through the door, Mark Skaife turned around and whacked me with his nose - it knocked me out!

"I woke up in the hospital with Ford's legal team showing me a contract I had just signed."

Pineapple Racing is ecstatic to announce that Jason Bright will join the team in the #77 BA Falcon.

"I have always loved eating pineapples," said Bright. "And when mac agreed to my contract demand of a year's supply of pineapples ..... let's just say it was too good an offer to refuse."

Teaming up with Bright will be Cameron McConville in the #33 Sunshine Coast Pineapples BA Falcon.

"mac and I first spoke about this deal late last year," said McConville. "I was doing a triathlon and he was spectating.

"I came up to a drink station and all of the volunteers were holding out cups of water.

"As I went to grab one, I saw mac throw his beer at me and yell, 'have a real drink you pansies!'

"We just hit it off after that, and the deal just came together."

Pineapple Racing is based in mac's garage in Sydney and will utilise Galston Gorge as it's test track. Any illegal straight line testing will be done on the M4 motorway.

P.Driblah
Media Liason Officer
Pineapple Racing

PINEAPPLE RACING
Sponsors: SUNSHINE COAST PINEAPPLES, FORD
Drivers: #33 - Cameron McConville
#77 - Jason Bright
Manufacturer: Ford

Last edited by mac; 16 Feb 2005 at 23:09.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1227737)   #5
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Cadell
It should be a good year!
Party in Ross' pit!

------------------------------------------------------
Team Ferox Go For Threepeat
Defending V8Supercar Fantasy Champions Team Ferox Racing have unveiled their assault on the 2005 V8Supercar Fantasy Championship, with four VZ Commodores to line up in the colours of new title sponsor DuPont. Following on from the all-conquering 2003 and nail-biting 2004 campaigns, nothing less than a third championship crown will do for the most successful team in Fantasy Championship history. "We're undefeated in the championship - second place is a failure for us," said team manager Zereny Kashlevtova, "we expect nothing less than 100% from everyone in the team and the right to use the #1 again in 2006."
Heading the 2005 assault in the #1 car will be proven round-winner and occasional Champ Car driver David Besnard - "The car's been faultless in testing - in fact if I can get rid of these wheel arches I reckon it'd give those Champ Cars a run for their money!"
Also new to the team is Jamie Whincup, who will pilot the #51 car after a year out of the series. "It's just great to be back - and to be getting my second chance with these guys is a dream come true," Whincup was quoted as saying.
Returnees to the team are Paul Weel in the #50 car, and Paul Dumbrell, driver of the #52 Commodore. Both played major roles in securing the first two championships, Weel in 2003 and Dumbrell in 2004, and both are keen to extend that winning run. Dumbrell was also keen to provide value for money for team sponsors: "I think I heard Mr.A say we get more airtime when I hit stuff..."
The new livery will be revealed at the Australian Grand Prix. A team spokesman described it as "colourful" and "faster than yours".
------------------------------------------------------

DuPont Team Ferox Racing
Holden Commodore VZ
#1 David Besnard
#50 Paul Weel
#51 Jamie Whincup
#52 Paul Dumbrell
Old 16 Feb 2005, 23:47 (Ref:1227757)   #6
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FANATIC ENTERPRISES

Drivers: Glenn Seton and John Bowe
Sponsors: IGA and Firstyle Homes
Marque: Ford Falcon
Numbers: #30 Glenn Seton
#12 John Bowe
Old 17 Feb 2005, 02:48 (Ref:1227825)   #7
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TEAM BESTFIT AUTOSPORT (TBA)

TBA returns looking to improve on it's midfield result of 2004.
We again will fly the Ford flag and have enlisted the services of -

#31 Craig Lowndes
#32 Paul Weel
#33 Steve Owen
Old 17 Feb 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1227829)   #8
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: JETSTREAM RACING
Sponsor(s): QANTAS, NEWS CORP, FOSTERS
Drivers:
#73 SIMON WILLS
#77 GREG MURPHY
#37 WILL DAVISON

Manufacturer: HOLDEN
Grid Girls: JLH & SAM
State of Origin: VICTORIA (of course)
Old 17 Feb 2005, 03:25 (Ref:1227833)   #9
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SS Sport (a reincarnation of R&R Racing) are back with a vengeance. After finishing 2nd in last years championship to the WOOFVESCO Chairman's own team, or CHEATS as our team members call them, SS Sport hopes that by moving one spot further down the alphabet, this will lift us one spot up the championship ladder.

Our vehicle of choice is a Ford fitted with the HMS engine (heck the Holden teams are allowed to choose what engines they use). Holden has signed as Primary Sponsor with large, bold SS ensignia covering the flanks of the Falcon.

Negotiations are continuing with potential drivers.

Name: SS Sport
Sponsor(s): Holden
Drivers:
#36 TBA
#54 TBA

Last edited by lcfp2297; 17 Feb 2005 at 03:27. Reason: fix emoticon
Old 17 Feb 2005, 03:47 (Ref:1227838)   #10
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name Cliche Motorsport
Sponsers Telstra, Red Bull, Tooheys, Big Kev, Colgate
Drivers
#97 Jason Bargwanna
#79 Craig Lowndes
Badge Ford
State SA
Mascot Groundskeeper Willie

The former owners Adz_34 Racing are pleased to present to the media, Cliche Motorsport, following a hostile takeover at their secret woomera base in SA.

The ensuing gun battle took out most of the teams top engineering talent so the decision was made to look for some new talent abroad.

New team manager "uncle" Tom Walkinshaw heads up a fine list of new recruits that are sure to give Cliche Motorsport some much needed cred going into the first round at Adelaide.

Cliche Motorsport are also pleased to announce their driver lineup for season 2005. Craig Lowndes and Jason Bargwanna, " its a mixture of talent, enthusiasm and smiling faces" Uncle Tom was heard to say to a standing ovation from members of his immediate family.

"Cliche Motorsport are going to be here for the long haul" continued Tom "where just going to take it one race at a time, be consistant cause thats what this championship is all about and buy a ticket for the final couple of races, thats where the championship can be won or lost."

"Cliche Motorsport will be unveiling their new livery in the coming days but expect something bold and different", replied Tom, "I'm thinking something Orange and Black those are my lucky colors................"
Old 17 Feb 2005, 04:17 (Ref:1227847)   #11
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dark Horse is back for another shot at the title in 2005!!

Consistently at the pointy end with finishes of 10th in 1003 and 11th in 2004, Team Dark Horse will be looking to consolidate it's good form and aim at a podium position for 2005. Featuring a massive three-car effort with increased funding from our partners, we proudly announce our entry in the 2005 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship. Livery to be released shortly.

Team Name: Team Dark Horse
Sponsor: Philips, Dictation Solutions, Sony, Cosworth Racing Developments
Drivers:
# 34 Cameron McConville
# 35 Glenn Seton
# 36 Jamie Whincup

Manufacturer: Ford Falcon BA
Team Owner: FalconEL
Base: Narangba QLD
Test Track: Morgan Park, Warwick

Last edited by FalconEL; 17 Feb 2005 at 04:18.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 05:00 (Ref:1227856)   #12
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

LG RACING ENTERS AUSTRALIAN MOTORSPORT

The most anticipated new motor racing team in Australia was officially unveiled today at the team’s purpose-built race centre coming after a number of years of planning by V8 Supercar Team Owner, Resist Urban.

Leading the charge for LG Racing will be a two-car assault of BA Falcons. Contesting the 2005 V8 Supercar Championship Series (SCS) will be rising star Jason Richards driving the #52 BA Falcon whilst Russell Ingall will drive the second BA Falcon under #25.

“Since coming on board full time late last year we’ve worked with our key people to assemble the team of our choice. We have the best marketers, engineers and management to take the team forward and I think the pool of driving talent will be sure to surprise a few people in 2005.” Jason Richards.

The investment into motor racing by leading electrical group LGE signifies the massive growth of the V8 Supercar category. Following trial motor sport programs during the last two years the company believe LG Racing is the best place to invest their marketing funds.

“Our first objective with the sponsorship is to further increase our brand awareness for our car sound and computer products. Secondly, we want to enhance and strengthen our customer relationships with promotions and on track experiences based around our racing team”. George Orwell, CEO LG Australia.

LG Racing will test at Oran Park Raceway in the weeks prior to the Clipsal 500, where it will launch a full scale attack on the 2005 V8 Supercar Championship.

Name: LG Racing
Sponsor(s): LG, Ford, Mars Bar, Pirtek, Sony, Coretech
Drivers:
#52 JASON RICHARDS
#25 RUSSELL INGALL

Last edited by resisturban; 17 Feb 2005 at 05:02.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 05:18 (Ref:1227868)   #13
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: Quiksilver Racing (QsR)
Sponsor(s): Quiksilver, Electric (possibly with a surprise Upside down logo appearance!). Reef, Mobil, Husquvarna Bikes, Holden Dealers of the Hunter Valley
Drivers:
#41 - Greg Murphy
#14 - Cameron McConville
Manufacturer: Holden

PRESS RELEASE - Embargoed until 28/2/05

TEAM KCORB EVOLVES FOR 2005!

After an eventfull year of last, and the removal of Peter Kcorb as Figureheard, Quiksilver Racing (QsR) has come out with the big guns for 2005.

After removal of Frosty, Bright and Baird form the driving ranks, the team finds itdelf with the man with the "Most Dangerous Sideburns This Side of Korea"(TM), Greg Murphy, and the man who "Has No Need For a Catchline"(TM), Cameron McConville.

Cam would have liked to thank us all for allowing him a chance to drive something competitive, btu Greg was far too busy yammering on about K-Mart products.....
Old 17 Feb 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1227877)   #14
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name: Quirky Motorsport
Drivers:
# 60 Garth Tander
# 61 Craig Lowndes

Manufacturer: Ford Falcon BA
Team Owner: Dirk
Old 17 Feb 2005, 06:07 (Ref:1227881)   #15
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name: Blueblood Racing
Sponsers: Cougar bourbon, Nitro girls, FPV and Ford,
Drivers:
#07 Craig Lowndes
#70 John Bowe

Manufacturer: BA Falcons.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 06:33 (Ref:1227893)   #16
White Knight

Team Name: Silver Bullet Motorsport
Sponsers: Reechs Pilsener
Drivers: #55 Mark Skaife, #56 Steve Ellery #57 Will Davison
Manufacturer: Holden Commodore VZ

Old 17 Feb 2005, 06:45 (Ref:1227897)   #17
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE

433 MOTORSPORT LOOK TO DOMINATE IN 2005

Despite all the rumours it has been today announced that Greg Murphy has infact signed with the newly formed 433 Motorsport Group. With several successful year under his belt and the last two Bathurst 1000's Murphy was a highly sought after driver for the 2005 season.

Despite running an effective joint venture between his own Sirromet Wines Team and Team Kiwi Racing, Paul Morris has opted to join 433 Motorsports in a 'Jason Bright-like' move, while still running his own team.

Team Manager Dean Robinson has been successful in negotiating a significant engineering relationship with V8 Supercar powerhouse the Holden Racing Team. The deal includes the supply of two HRT-designed and built VZ Commodore chassis, along with the HOlden Motorsport Engines also be supplied by HRT.

Before the media have a chance to question this triangular relationship between 433 Motorsport, HRT and Paul Morris Motorsport, it must be clearly stated that it has the full support of both the TEGA and AVESCO boards.

While many may critisie the team for not securing two front-line drivers for the end-of-year endurance rounds, Robinson has made it clear he wants to keep his teams options open until making the final decision in the next couple of months.

A significant sponsorship deal has been struck with leading video games manufacturer XBOX, which will see a specially designed 'XBOX Fun House' with networked gaming for upto 50 people travel around the country with the team to each of the V8 Supercar rounds in 2005. I can be noted that this deal came about after the withdrawl of XBOX's sponsorship of HRT, and in no way influenced the decision.

LG have also come on board with a healthy input to both the team and the 'Fun House', supplying the LCD and Plasma screens along with the rest of the major electronics need behind the scenes at 433 Motorsports.

HRT433.com will be the team official internet home-base, and along with 433:design will be responsible for the team look, in both Livery and Uniform. Both to be unvieled in the very near future. The team will be covered significantly in the corporate colours of both 433:design and XBOX

A number of other companies have joined this new enterprise including Mobil, PPG, Bridgestone, HSV, VB. Along with these Paul Morris brings with him Sirromet Wines, and the signing of Greg Murphy has secured funding from both Supercheap Auto and K-Mart, who are making a surprise sponsorship return after their shock retreat earlier in the year.

With Sydney effectively losing its last Supercar team earlier in the year, NSW V8 fans will be pleased to know that 433 Motorsports will be based in Newcastle just north of Sydney. The teams headquarters are nearing completition, are due be ready within the week. This high tech facility will feature some of the newest technology available in this country and will be unparalleled by any other team.

Team testing will be held at Eastern Creek Raceway, during the year, with the first session in the week following the teams racing debut at the Australian Formula One Grand Prix.

With experienced pilots Murphy and Morris on board the team is quietly confident that they will have a profound impact on the championship battle this year, with the ultimate to draw the title away from the 'Blue OVal'.

And so with that we present you with Australia's newest and most exciting race team this year - 433 Motorsport!

NAME: 433 Motorsport Group
MAJOR SPONSORS: 433:design, Holden, XBOX, LG
MINOR SPONSORS: HRT433.com, Mobil, PPG, Bridgestone, HSV, VB, Sirromet Wines, Supercheap Auto, K-Mart
DRIVERS: #433 Greg Murphy, #43 Paul Morris
TEAM MANAGER: Dean Robinson
MANUFACTURER: Holden
MODEL: VZ Commodore
ENGINE: HMS V8

Last edited by HRT433; 17 Feb 2005 at 06:48.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1227901)   #18
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Tracy NZ Racing has decided to rejoin the fray for another year of the fantasy championship.

This years team has been altered from last years, with Greg Murphy being dropped from the team cos he costs too much

Craig Baird has been retained from last years team, and we are proud to introduce Paul Radisich and Jason Richards to replace Murph.

TEAM: Tracy NZ Racing
SPONSORS: NZ Government (who have finally realise yacht racing is boring), Vodafone, and we have been too lazy to get any more
DRIVERS:
#1 Paul Radisich
#11 Craig Baird
#111 Jason Richards
MAUFACTURER: Holden VZ Commodore
Old 17 Feb 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1227903)   #19
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team: Diet Coke Racing. (Lime Flavoured)
Sponsors: Diet Coke, Woolworths, TDK, Energizer, Holden, Bosch, Yokohama
Drivers: Russell Ingall, David Besnard and Steve Owen
Manufacturer: Holden
Team Manager:Fred Gibson

Following the withdrawal of Target the team has obtained sponsorship from the Coca Cola as it's major sponsor. The other main sponsor is Woolworths. The cars look absolutely fabulous in it's Silver,Black, Red and Lime Green livery set off with fabulous looking Lime Green Wheels.
This year we have expanded the driver lineup to three, retaining Russell Ingall and adding David Besnard and Steve Owen to the driver line up.
See you all at the opening round in Adelaide.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1227923)   #20
dandman
Rookie

dandman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buckle Up Racing Team
Sponser
Coopers
Drivers
#11 Craig Lowdnes
#21 Steve Ellery
#22 Paul Dumbrell

Ford BAII Falcons

Last edited by dandman; 17 Feb 2005 at 07:52.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:00 (Ref:1227938)   #21
Ellery31
Rookie

Ellery31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team: Donald Motorsport

Car 13 Alex Davison BA Autobarn
Car 14 Steve Owen BA Fujitsu
Car 31 Steve Ellery BA Chelgrave

Major Sponsors: Autobarn, Fujitsu, Chelgrave

Minor Sponsors: Castrol, Biante Model Cars, Eibach Springs, Glenfords Tool Centre, Cat.

Test Track: QLD Raceway

Manafacturer: Ford
Old 17 Feb 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1227994)   #22
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team: Team Six-Three
Sponsors: TBA
Drivers:
Car #3 - Jason Bargwanna
Car #6 - Mark Winterbottom
Car #63 - Steve Owen
Old 17 Feb 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1228016)   #23
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BP Racing Launch

Name: BP Racing
Major Sponsor(s): BP, Dunlop, Ford
Minor Sponsor(s): Crane Cams, Biante, Pioneer, PPG, Arnette, Revolution Racegear, Rheem
Drivers: #11 Steven Richards, #17 Steven Johnson
Manufacturer: Ford

Old 17 Feb 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1228022)   #24
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team: Blown Budget Racing
Sponsors:
Major sponsorship from VB. Other sponsors include Eagle Boys, Mobil, NGK, HSV and Bridgestone
Drivers:
#72 Greg Murphy
#73 Paul Dumbrell
Manufafacturer:
HOLDEN

A full press realese is to follow shortly.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1228098)   #25
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BP Racing Press Release

BP's long stint away from Australian motorsport has today ended, with the announcement that they will take part in the 2005 V8Supercar Fantasy Championship, under the guise of 'BP Racing'.

BP Racing is a completely new entity, and partnered with proven V8Supercar drivers Steve Richards and Steve Johnson, they believe they can make a serious challenge for the championship in this, their first competitive season.

"We've got the facilities, we've got the drivers, and thanks to BP, we've got the budget, so I see no good reason why we shouldn't be there or there-abouts, come November" said Team Manager Mitch Silk.

The Sydney based team are in the process of building two brand new BA Falcons, with an aim to use the AGP as an extended test session, in the lead up to the opening round of the championship in Adelaide.