Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Mar 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1261358)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
British GT Championships Predictions

The British GT Championships gets underway, with a 2 hour race, next weekend at Donington.

So how is the year going to pan out and who is going to be up there.

Well in GT2 very interesting the field is head by Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari of Andrew Kirkaldy and Nathan Kinch, who will be up at the front of the championship from the up.

The 2 Eurotech Porsches of Mike Jordan and Micheal Caine and the Jones brothers will be there or there abouts as well. I am also expecting big things from my local team Embassy Racing with there Porsche.

The other questions that need to be answered are who will the LNT TVR's and Eclipse Mosler fair this year up againest the Porsche and Ferraris and will the Xero Corvette make an impression ?.

Just to spice things up for the first round Tim Sugden will drive a Porsche 911 with Ian Khan. Another car expected to on the grid in just over a weeks time is the RJN Nissan 350Z.

We should not forgot that the Emotional Engineering will be back Vauxhall Monaro again, hopefully they will have more luck this year than they did last year.

So it looks like we are going to be in for a classic year in GT2, but who is going to come out on top. I think it has to be the Ferrari of Andrew Kirkaldy and Nathan Kinch.

As for GT3 it wide open with all the key players from last year back again, expect to see Ferrari's, Porsche's, Marcos', Corvettes, Morgan's and a few BMW's battling it out. For sure GT3 is going to be very interesting again.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1261576)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which team was it that entered an Ultima last year? I missed it but it didn't seem to perform that badly last year either. However, I happen to think that Scuderia Ecosse will take the victory, given their performances last season and their drivers.

Also, it's definitely confirmed that it's a single 2-hour race, now? I do hope they hold it on the Sunday. It's a good idea. BGT brings in so many original cars that a single hour is never enough...
Old 25 Mar 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1261590)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is a 2 hour race next Sunday, from what I understand it will round of the days events.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1261594)   #4
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money's on the Embassy Porsche. I don't think the Ferrari's will be quite as quick as last year. (Even though they're new cars)

But the first round will be very interesting!
Old 25 Mar 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1261606)   #5
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm hoping LNT go one position better than race two last year!

Should be some great racing again this year.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1261651)   #6
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi R8R
My money's on the Embassy Porsche. I don't think the Ferrari's will be quite as quick as last year. (Even though they're new cars)

But the first round will be very interesting!
I remember we welcomed the Embassy team in the forum, last year. What have they done during the last season. Did something go wrong with their Corvette ?
Old 25 Mar 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1261697)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The finish of race 2 last year was very cruel! I was at the start/finish line when they waved the chequered flag - not too many others seemed to notice because they were more concerned with running for cover from the rain! Hopefully a nice weekend of weather this time around
Old 25 Mar 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1261938)   #8
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
What have they done during the last season. Did something go wrong with their Corvette ?
Other than it being a crap car to start with, nothing. They've just got rid of it and gone for a Porsche. Reliable and fast straight out of the box.

With a good driver pairing they can get the points racked up from the opening round, rather than playing catch-up mid-way through the season.

They set some good times at the FIA test last week so I hear. They mean business in 2005.

But then, so do Scuderia Ecosse and everyone else in the GT2 class.

Despite not going to the MSV tracks, it's going to be a great British GT season as far as I can tell.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1262006)   #9
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering if an entry list has been published yet? Because I heard that a MG SV is beinging enter and also the Vauxhall Monaro.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 07:41 (Ref:1262118)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The Vauxhall Monaro is back, but sadly we wouldn't be seeing the SV as the team have decided to spend the year testing, but they are hopping to a few races towards the end of the year.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1262446)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I tried looking at the British GT site see if they had any entry lists published. But the site does appear to be down, along with the FIA GT site... so I'm guessing the only official entry list anyone will be seeing will be the printed list in the Program at Donington...

Anyone else had a problem with the websites?
Old 27 Mar 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1262872)   #12
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I tried looking at the British GT site see if they had any entry lists published. But the site does appear to be down, along with the FIA GT site... so I'm guessing the only official entry list anyone will be seeing will be the printed list in the Program at Donington...

Anyone else had a problem with the websites?
Seem ok to me?
http://www.britishgt.com/results.php...=1&season=2005
Old 27 Mar 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1262949)   #13
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Probably just my internet connection, then. But I do occaisonally find that site and FIA GT doesn't work... but this forum will, and something like planet le mans
Old 30 Mar 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1265780)   #14
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you rdjones for the information on the MG and Vauxhall, it is a shame that the MG will not be competing for the whole of this year. Also thank you Cerbera Speed12 for the link for the enter list for this weekend.