Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Nov 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3172984)   #176
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
Not to sure with that one. One thing I do know is no engines blew up at Ruapuna. Yes there were issues with the wear rate on one component and those teams choose to not continual with the unknown. The damage was minimal and although I don't agree with those teams decisions not to continual, given it was the last round of the championship and neither of those teams were in championship contention it does make sense I guess.
Sure, they should have carried on till there was a rod out the side of the block, and even then the should have been able to finish on seven cylinders,
Should have hardened up.

Man you have some serious blinders on mark.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3172988)   #177
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Check the entry list.
ST race car to each team
Old 29 Nov 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3173008)   #178
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not to sure with that one. One thing I do know is no engines blew up at Ruapuna. Yes there were issues with the wear rate on one component and those teams choose to not continual with the unknown. The damage was minimal and although I don't agree with those teams decisions not to continual, given it was the last round of the championship and neither of those teams were in championship contention it does make sense I guess.
Are you kidding me 4 engines rebuilt to what was to be the new spec for next season. The Evan's car only did 4 laps of the first practice to run the engine in and lost oil pressure. On inspection of the engine found titanium metal much like conrod material. If it was simple wear rate issues they would have fixed it and been going! And the other engines suffered similar problems!
Watch the video see if you recognize anyone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clMW1...ature=youtu.be
Old 29 Nov 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3173016)   #179
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
Are you kidding me

I think sportsfan has a severe case of
"can't see the forrest because the trees are in the way"
Old 29 Nov 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3173146)   #180
sportsfan
Rookie

sportsfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are you kidding me 4 engines rebuilt to what was to be the new spec for next season. The Evan's car only did 4 laps of the first practice to run the engine in and lost oil pressure. On inspection of the engine found titanium metal much like conrod material. If it was simple wear rate issues they would have fixed it and been going! And the other engines suffered similar problems!
Watch the video see if you recognize anyone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clMW1...ature=youtu.be
So CCC, what about the list of all of the disgruntled team owners you spoke you. Do you actually have a list or are you just to busy fixing gear boxes.

I will put my hand up here and publicly state I made a mistake re the wording of my post re the teams not continuing. What I was referring to was them not making an effort and not putting another engine in. Agree 100% they could not continual with the units that were in the car.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3173147)   #181
sportsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
I think sportsfan has a severe case of
"can't see the forrest because the trees are in the way"
No, no trees where I am. How about you, having a nice day?
Old 29 Nov 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3173162)   #182
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well I'm not a brain surgeon and you are the one that said you spoke to several disgruntled teams. Just for a laugh why don't you list them since you spoke to them.
Doesn't sound like you can add Colin Corkery to that list. Planning ahead to 2013.

Also makes a rather interesting comment in that Press Release

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2012/11/3...nching-season/
Old 29 Nov 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3173167)   #183
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
Doesn't sound like you can add Colin Corkery to that list. Planning ahead to 2013.

Also makes a rather interesting comment in that Press Release

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2012/11/3...nching-season/
Not sure how you are reading happy from this article!
"V8 SuperTourer driver Colin Corkery intends to regroup after experiencing what he describes as his worst season of motorsport.
The tale of woe for Corkery continued at the final round of the year when after turning just six timed laps in practice the Auckland-born driver was forced to pack up his truck after yet another engine failure.
It has been suggested by critics around the V8ST paddock that the category should have provided more support instead of competitors being forced to end their weekend prematurely due to the lack of spares in the paddock"
“It’s two race meetings in a row (after Pukekohe in October) where we’ve had no exposure and haven’t been able to run in the car,” Corkery told Speedcafe.co.nz
“In terms of next season we’ll have to sit down and talk about how we go about things. I’m not very happy about the way the season has panned out for us.”
Old 29 Nov 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3173169)   #184
sportsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Not sure how you are reading happy from this article!
"V8 SuperTourer driver Colin Corkery intends to regroup after experiencing what he describes as his worst season of motorsport.
The tale of woe for Corkery continued at the final round of the year when after turning just six timed laps in practice the Auckland-born driver was forced to pack up his truck after yet another engine failure.
It has been suggested by critics around the V8ST paddock that the category should have provided more support instead of competitors being forced to end their weekend prematurely due to the lack of spares in the paddock"
“It’s two race meetings in a row (after Pukekohe in October) where we’ve had no exposure and haven’t been able to run in the car,” Corkery told Speedcafe.co.nz
“In terms of next season we’ll have to sit down and talk about how we go about things. I’m not very happy about the way the season has panned out for us.”
Good point CCC, now how about that list of the several disgruntled teams that you spoke to last weekend.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3173178)   #185
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corkery was shattered at seeing another one of the 7-litre General Motors-built Mosler V8 powerplants fail.
“It’s hard to swallow. It’s not the category that is not going racing, it’s us,” he said.
“I don’t know why we are not taking the advice from the people who have built the engines. We seem to want to do it ourselves.
“It’s a whole season gone and we still don’t know what the issues are.”

so the technical boffins from GM have come up with a solution, but the engines are being "kiwi-fied" to remain running ??
Old 29 Nov 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3173181)   #186
sportsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Hold up sportsfan.... Let's deal with what we already know....
That ST have cocked up in a.big way and are ducking for cover

Rev, agree with you 100% on this point. No matter what anybody says it has been a very intertesting year from alot of angles.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3173306)   #187
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enough. Closed. Take your own petty agendas elsewhere.