Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Oct 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3583092)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2015 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Didn't see a thread for this yet, so if there wasn't one already, there is now.

http://nasa25hour.com/

Flying Lizard Motorsports will be bringing one of their Audi R8s with Toyo tires:
http://sportscar365.com/gt/flying-li...ith-toyo-audi/

There's a couple more render pics here:
https://twitter.com/FlyingLizard_MS/...42996739072000
Old 15 Oct 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3583095)   #2
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really fun and casual event if you haven't been. I'll be up there again this year as long as the weather is ok. Just a 75 min drive north of sacto, no fee for spectators.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3583098)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I kind of like that blue. I wonder when the entry list comes out?
Old 15 Oct 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3583106)   #4
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Is this race pretty much bring what you got? You could enter an LMP3 car, the Honda ARX-04, any GT3 cars. I wish some of these older cars get used here. A Porsche 911 GT America would be a good car to use in this race now.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3583111)   #5
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
A good-old-fashioned club style enduro event, I'd better make it out there one day. Such a shame the time of year usually provides colder and windy weather though...

Are the Toyo tires mandatory? And does NASA use a Code 60ish system instead of the traditional FCY (double yellows)? Thx.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 18:51 (Ref:3583116)   #6
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Is this race pretty much bring what you got? You could enter an LMP3 car, the Honda ARX-04, any GT3 cars. I wish some of these older cars get used here. A Porsche 911 GT America would be a good car to use in this race now.
Ya pretty much. We used one of my old Porsche GT3 Cup cars a few years ago (w/ ABS). The current full-spec GT3 cars are going to be hard to beat.

I know there's supposed to be at least one LMPC entry this year. It'll have 1 good driver but I don't know about the rest of the lineup. If they stay out of trouble they should be able to give the GT3 car(s) a run for their money.

-mike
Old 15 Oct 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3583127)   #7
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We (Kontrolle Engineering) will be there running our SpecE46 BMW 330ci in E1 this year.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3583129)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too bad that the only streaming of the race tends to be onboard feeds supplied by the teams itself, which could be fine otherwise but the cameras they use have Nokia flip phone quality from ten years ago and the feeds are laggy

Rhetorical question: Could Rebellion enter their P1 Oreca if they wished? Like they technically could for the African series if they wanted (/were aware of it)
Old 15 Oct 2015, 20:22 (Ref:3583136)   #9
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Too bad that the only streaming of the race tends to be onboard feeds supplied by the teams itself, which could be fine otherwise but the cameras they use have Nokia flip phone quality from ten years ago and the feeds are laggy

Rhetorical question: Could Rebellion enter their P1 Oreca if they wished? Like they technically could for the African series if they wanted (/were aware of it)
As far as I know yes. They could enter the car in the "NASA super unlimited" class, which would place them in E0.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3583138)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Neat

Someome call/text/tweet/skype/fax/whatever Bart Hayden. NOW

They thrive on overall wins they've been robbed off for the past few years. Would bring international explosure too

(One can dream)
Old 15 Oct 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3583142)   #11
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
A worker friend of mine is one of the driving forces behind Endurance Radio who will be broadcasting the entire event, check http://www.endurance-radio.com/index.html or follow them on Instagram: @endurance_radio. There'll be a link on the race site itself as well I assume.

Although no video it should keep you up to date with what's going on!
Old 15 Oct 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3583147)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Yes I know that's been going for years and kudos to them (quite good too) but audio only isn't my cup of tea
Old 15 Oct 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3583150)   #13
Coach Ep
Veteran

It tickles the imagination!
Old 15 Oct 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3583152)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Well it is how I followed Le Mans Series with RLM back in the day, due to zero streaming and absence of TV, and I guess there was charm to it of sorts, but still: )
Old 16 Oct 2015, 03:17 (Ref:3583242)   #15
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Technically Rebellion would be in the ESR class. ESR for sports racers and ES for silhouette/production based are unlimited classes. I just love the machinery that race or have raced.

HPD CR-Z (with turbo and hybrid motor), Acura ILX, Lexus IS CCS-R, Mazda 6 Skyactiv Diesel just to name some of the factory entered cars.

Home-built and one-off creations including a 500hp twin-engined Mini Cooper, privately entered Ford GT, various sports racers including one with the Hartley V8 (two Hayabusa engines, one crank), TFB Monster (a tube frame race car with BMW engine and components and half a stock car body.)

Kit-cars turned race cars: Factory-Five GTM, Superlite SLC, a car called a Catfish (a Miata with an LS3 engine and heaily aero modified body).

And of course the many Miatas and BMWs, Porsche cup cars, Audi R8s. I get too giddy just saying all this

Edit: I forgot there was the Audi TT RS that came from the VLN. Rotek racing.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3583376)   #16
Coach Ep
Veteran

Wasn't there a Ginetta P3 announced as well? Certainly a(other) great endurance test for a P3!

Edit: this one https://www.facebook.com/EnduranceRa...type=3&theater
Old 17 Oct 2015, 00:12 (Ref:3583483)   #17
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Great looking car..hope it shows up and that el Nino doesn't washout the entire weekend..
Old 6 Nov 2015, 19:16 (Ref:3588618)   #18
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Entry list is out. The victory I guess will be between the Ginetta LMP3's, the WOLF CNs, and the Audi R8 LMS Ultras (Fly Liz)

Surprised nobody entered a Porsche GT America
Old 6 Nov 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3588638)   #19
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Entry list is out. The victory I guess will be between the Ginetta LMP3's, the WOLF CNs, and the Audi R8 LMS Ultras (Fly Liz)

Surprised nobody entered a Porsche GT America
Could you please post a link?
Old 6 Nov 2015, 21:32 (Ref:3588647)   #20
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2133/entry_list

If Davidson Racing could sort out their reliability with their Eagle race car, they could take top honors, that car has some of the fastest lap times
Old 7 Nov 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3588881)   #21
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like Colin Braun will be in one of the Ginettas.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/co...colin-braun-2/

Quote:
What are your plans for the offseason?
“I will be competing in the NASA Thunderhill 25-hour race this year in a Ginetta LMP3 car, so I have been busy with testing that and trying to get it sorted out a bit better for the race. It is a very nice car—just needs some polishing and testing."
Old 11 Nov 2015, 18:45 (Ref:3589777)   #22
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Lizards driver lineup to be announced tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/FlyingLizard_MS/...54152710455296
Old 12 Nov 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3589971)   #23
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Flying Lizards have announced their Thunderhill lineup: Darren Law, Johannes Van Overbeek, Guy Cosmo and Tomonobu Fujii. Great driver combination, should be very competitive!
http://lizardms.com/news/releases/2015/nov-12.html
Old 20 Nov 2015, 00:35 (Ref:3591626)   #24
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Lizards posted this picture of their car today. Really like the look of the Lizard livery in blue and white.
Quote:
Flying Lizard ‏@FlyingLizard_MS Just in case you were wondering how our @ToyoTires @nasaproracing 25 Hours of Thunderhill livery turned out #drool
Old 20 Nov 2015, 01:59 (Ref:3591634)   #25
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Anyone going? Will be my 4th year in a row. Not sure if I'll camp for the weekend or just drive up for the day sat..depends on weather I guess.