Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Sep 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3925728)   #301
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
' if you want to stand out on the school run, its angular bodywork and coupé-inspired shape should be perfect. '
If your main reason for buying a particular car is "to stand out on the school run" then just let it be known - I hate you. What kind of vacuous moron would buy a car based on that criteria? We truly live in depressing times.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3925760)   #302
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If your main reason for buying a particular car is "to stand out on the school run" then just let it be known - I hate you. What kind of vacuous moron would buy a car based on that criteria? We truly live in depressing times.
There’s a small development of new, fairly large, houses near my workshop. I think the developer has moved into one. Parked in the double garage or outside it are (and they’re all new)....

Lamborghini something. Prob a Huracan.
Chevy Camaro. No, not the classic one!
A full size American pickup with massive lift and wheels.
And lastly- Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. (710bhp) The lady of the house uses that for the school run.......
Old 4 Sep 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3925774)   #303
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There’s a small development of new, fairly large, houses near my workshop. I think the developer has moved into one. Parked in the double garage or outside it are (and they’re all new)....

And lastly- Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. (710bhp) The lady of the house uses that for the school run.......
Oh dear.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3925786)   #304
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Sounds like American service personnel.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3925839)   #305
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Sounds like American service personnel.
No, pretty sure a builder......

BTW That suggested price for the Cupra Tava-thingy is crazy. £60K?

I’ve seen pics of a ‘couperised’ Audi Q3 in a mag this week, so no end to it........

Last edited by Mike Bell; 4 Sep 2019 at 17:43.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3925880)   #306
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Nissan Juke

4.21 m long
115 hp gasoline engine

Old 5 Sep 2019, 05:31 (Ref:3925922)   #307
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Slightly less awkward looking than old model, and no 3dr, thankfully! Increased size as it is said to share the underpinnings of the new Renault Capture, which has also grown a bit. Not good enough to stop me changing the ‘u’ for a ‘o’.........
Old 5 Sep 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3925951)   #308
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Slightly less awkward looking than old model,
Of which there seems to be many of in Spain. We dont see many in Aus so my first sighting here in Spain was a bit of an education. I had seen pics but not actully seen one in the flesh.
Agreed re the 'u' and the 'o'.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3925961)   #309
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
... Not good enough to stop me changing the ‘u’ for a ‘o’.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
...Agreed re the 'u' and the 'o'.
Interesting - I usually swap the 'J' for a 'P'.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3925983)   #310
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Interesting - I usually swap the 'J' for a 'P'.
I think the model arrived on the scene at about the same time as Zumba classes became popular. I recall often seeing one being driven by a young lady instructor, adorned with stickers promoting her classes. I think that sums up the car’s place in society- personal transport for Zumba dance teachers.....
Old 5 Sep 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3925987)   #311
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think that sums up the car’s place in society- personal transport for Zumba dance teachers.....
I guess that answers the question of what is the point in a Juke? At least it has one use.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3926018)   #312
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I guess that answers the question of what is the point in a Juke? At least it has one use.
guess they’re looking for a new market as the Zumba craze came and went.....
Old 5 Sep 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3926024)   #313
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In the US the name of this model was changed a couple years back to Kicks, yes plural.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3926210)   #314
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Kicks is different from the Juke.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3926228)   #315
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Yes, I think that replaced the original shape Juke, but is more conventional? Believe based on same platform, however.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3926249)   #316
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
For the US there is NO Juke offered, it is actually called the Kicks here. It is NOT a different model. The model line is Kicks, Rogue (weirdly Sport actually starts a little cheaper), Murano, Pathfinder, Armada (THE most useless car for people who think it's an 18 wheeler). The Juke is no longer offered here, it was dropped in 2017 with an ad campaign about how the Juke was becoming the Kicks with all of the fun and utility to be expected of Nissan.

There is a rumored Juke 2020 but nothing I've seen from US articles.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3926251)   #317
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kicks appears to have replaced the Joke, it's suggested on various motoring websites that it's a different vehicle not just an evolution/rebadge.

The original Joke apparently didn't sell very well in the US, can't think why...

..... it's still sold in the rest of the wold
Old 7 Sep 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3926364)   #318
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I actually think the Juke interior is worse than the exterior.
Old 7 Sep 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3926371)   #319
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I actually think the Juke interior is worse than the exterior.
Hopefully I’m unlikely to ever get close enough to one to find out......
Old 7 Sep 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3926372)   #320
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I guess it’s more about manufacturers meeting the average emissions targets being imposed on them than anything else.
This was my first take on it as well.... a sort of dieselgate PR band aid.
Old 7 Sep 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3926374)   #321
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Kicks appears to have replaced the Joke, it's suggested on various motoring websites that it's a different vehicle not just an evolution/rebadge.
The 2019 Juke is built on the Renault-Nissan CMF-B Platform - shared with the 2019 Clio and Captur.
Outside of India, the Kicks is built on the Nissan V platform - shared with the Micra and Sylphy.

So totally different cars.
Old 7 Sep 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3926386)   #322
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yep, I think we’re in agreement on that one.....
Old 8 Sep 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3926695)   #323
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Juke is cool. The Kicks is bland, made for third world countries.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 18:13 (Ref:3926703)   #324
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
The Juke is cool. .
I think i'm having an agree to disagree moment on that one.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3926711)   #325
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think i'm having an agree to disagree moment on that one.
And I'm with you - it's hideous.