Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Oct 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3933948)   #526
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris James is back... 😂

https://twitter.com/teamesracing/sta...988141057?s=21

https://twitter.com/teamhardracing/s...733741056?s=21
Old 13 Oct 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3933953)   #527
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh God.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3933955)   #528
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max Coates is absolutely losing his mind on this Clio onboard.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3933958)   #529
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Max Coates is absolutely losing his mind on this Clio onboard.
‘Av it!
Old 13 Oct 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3933959)   #530
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
‘Av it!
And I got the wrong thread.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3933975)   #531
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Will Gow let him back though?
Old 13 Oct 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3933978)   #532
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Chris James is back... 😂
Did he make the trip to see his old mate Andrew Jordan one more time?
Old 13 Oct 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3933997)   #533
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well Tim just let that slip... last meeting for the Subarus!
Old 13 Oct 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3933998)   #534
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I caught that aswell.....
Sutton to laser tools looking more likely
Old 13 Oct 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3934002)   #535
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye Subaru, Shredded Wheat and Pirtek.

The inflated TV and print circulation figure bubble is bursting. The BTCC's media deals are brilliant but severely lacking in digital awareness, hamstrung by strict footage rights, an actively anti-YouYube policy and relying only on race-weekend video production.

Other championships are understating that potential driver and team sponsors care about online impact and as this continues to rise, they'll be less BTCC entries unless Gow steps up his game.

Earlier this year, I saw 2019 pitch docs from two drivers and one team. For your £800k there's needs to be a better return. It will be harder to get those sponsorship deals going forward.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3934006)   #536
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Addison also say his time in the championship when talking about Sutton? suggesting he is off too?
Old 13 Oct 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3934011)   #537
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree re: online coverage. The BTCC & the package overall probably has the worst coverage of any major series on earth.

The fact that various F4 series and other single make series around the world have all of their races covered whilst the British equivalents don't is unacceptable. There are even a number of UK club series which have more extensive coverage than the TOCA package.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3934012)   #538
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and stupid BTCC/ ITV doesn't put the races on youtube in full without geo blocking , on the contrary they are after those who do

bunch of cretins, it's the 21 st century, nevermind the lost revenue from youtube advertising

Last edited by porsche962fan; 13 Oct 2019 at 14:35.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3934098)   #539
Evantra
Veteran

England
Interesting wink from Sutton when Lou said we'll see him back next year...
Old 13 Oct 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3934099)   #540
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so Moffat did buy the 2 TBL from BMR and will run Infinity with Moffat and Sutton

while the Mercedes and its tbl are for sale

makes perfect sense
Old 13 Oct 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3934100)   #541
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton will be one a RWD car next year, I’m fairly sure of that.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3934103)   #542
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best race ever.

Poor race management from Cammish. Jordan did all he could. Turkington proves why he’s the GOAT.

Fantastic performance from Plato too. Hope he helps secure some serious investment into that team and he’ll be a major player next season.

Well done to Rory Butcher too. Richly deserved his two titles and the best Honda driver this season. Was always in the main fight as well until a bad couple of weekends.

But final word on Turkington, that is the greatest title win ever in the BTCC. Been the best by far from start to finish. Some unbelievable comeback drives. Cope with everything everybody through at him and drove all the way through the field WITHOUT everyone moving out the way for him. Unbelievably respectful of everyone else’s race, despite what had happened to him. Even pulled back when there was a hint of a push from himself. Class personified as a racer and as a man. Simply the best ever.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3934107)   #543
Evantra
Veteran

England
I took it to be more of a 'I'm not coming back' reaction.

And if he does stay, I don't think there is any more indication he'll be in an Infiniti than any other team. He's a driver who should be winning titles, and I don't think he's the type to sit about in a car that isn't (yet) capable of that. He did one test; Moffat has tested the Subaru before and hasn't since done anything with BMR.

Saying that, I expect I'll be proved wrong again 😂

Silly season has begun!!
Old 13 Oct 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3934139)   #544
Evantra
Veteran

England
Going back to a potential opening at WSR... I imagine Sam Tordoff has the means to get back in a BMW if he wanted?
Old 13 Oct 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3934155)   #545
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Going back to a potential opening at WSR... I imagine Sam Tordoff has the means to get back in a BMW if he wanted?
Don’t think we’ll see Sam back, it was rumoured to be his last year. However his circumstances have sadly changed a lot since that rumour was going around.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3934162)   #546
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a dream that the Audi Sport TCR team left WTCR and built an RS3 NGTC car running Shedden and Jake Hill.

I think I will have to keep dreaming
Old 13 Oct 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3934203)   #547
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That's still not 100%, but pretty close to being. I'm expecting Ash and some of the BMR lads to be in the Moffat camp in Infiniti number 2. Whether or not the team will be known as Laser Tools Racing or something else Racing is possibly the biggest question mark of this BTCC sub-plot.

Chris James / ES could be in place of Brisky. Let's face it, that is a naming/ branding exercise as the operation is run by Tony. Whether Chris will be driving or just loitering we'll have to wait and see.

Michael Crees is, I think, going to be the first official #HARD driver confirmation before the month is out.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 05:07 (Ref:3934272)   #548
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

Michael Crees is, I think, going to be the first official #HARD driver confirmation before the month is out.
I get the impression Bobby Thompson might push for that honour.

His end of season thank you also said that he's putting together his BTCC 2020 details now, and will be busy on social media in the near future promoting it.
He
Old 14 Oct 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3934288)   #549
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That's still not 100%, but pretty close to being. I'm expecting Ash and some of the BMR lads to be in the Moffat camp in Infiniti number 2. Whether or not the team will be known as Laser Tools Racing or something else Racing is possibly the biggest question mark of this BTCC sub-plot.

Chris James / ES could be in place of Brisky. Let's face it, that is a naming/ branding exercise as the operation is run by Tony. Whether Chris will be driving or just loitering we'll have to wait and see.

Oh great so that’s two knobs running the team instead of 1. Can’t believe anyone would want to join forces with Chris ‘Av it’ James. He’ll be offering to take people out again 😩
Old 14 Oct 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3934292)   #550
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
If he does offer to take someone out we could introduce him to Matt Neals front bumper. Put the two in a cage somewhere and let everyone else play nice and safe.

'Av it!