Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Tim Falce's- what colour should it be?
British Racing Green 8 14.29%
Ecurie Ecosse Blue 15 26.79%
Penelope Pitstop Pink 19 33.93%
Menacing Black 3 5.36%
White with Blue Stripes 0 0%
Outrageous Italian Racing Red 2 3.57%
Roscoe Racing Burgundy and Gold 4 7.14%
Other 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Nov 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3329085)   #51
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
AGH! MY EYES!!!!!!!
If you are into ,Google "BMW ART CAR" to see what a name artist can do to Bavarian engineering.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3329096)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
If you are into ,Google "BMW ART CAR" to see what a name artist can do to Bavarian engineering.
There's even a pink one! (Z1- sort of pink...)

The Calder and Stella CSLs along with Warhol M1 are pretty special.

Old 8 Nov 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3329106)   #53
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
There is of course Sarah Bennett Bagg's pink Porsche. I know a lot of people call me an old tart but pink.................nah.
Attached Thumbnails
sarah-la-source.jpg  
Old 8 Nov 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3329132)   #54
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
You're eating fish and chips and your cat? Serious hunger there Gordon.
Well I don't get much pussy at my age
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Nov 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3329283)   #55
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Steady, Gordon!

Actually I'm amazed that 3 other people have voted for the Roscoe Racing livery, as it should only mean something to two people! Great livery though!!
Old 9 Nov 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3329315)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Actually I'm amazed that 3 other people have voted for the Roscoe Racing livery, as it should only mean something to two people! Great livery though!!
Not even sure what the livery is! Only reference I can find is on this excellent list HERE

Old 10 Nov 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3329570)   #57
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Roscoe Racing is the title I would have given to my own racing team had I ever had the wherewithall to own/run one. Roscoe was the name of our dear old English bull terrier that the family had whilst the boys were growing up. Hence only myself and Kev would have any idea what it represented; nevertheless, since I put Clive's suggestion of Penelope Pitstop Pink, I felt the urge to put my own 'imagined' livery in as well!
Old 10 Nov 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3329581)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, didn't the RSPCA complain about the colours you dyed the dog?
Old 10 Nov 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3329593)   #59
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Aha; didn't tell 'em.

I even have a team roundel in my mind which features a side view of his head.

I see that pink seems to be winning which just shows how seriously we are taking this and how seriously Tim should, too.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3329600)   #60
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Aha; didn't tell 'em.

I even have a team roundel in my mind which features a side view of his head.

I see that pink seems to be winning which just shows how seriously we are taking this and how seriously Tim should, too.

I think we need a current picture of the car. Tim! get your camera.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3329605)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Roscoe Racing is the title I would have given to my own racing team had I ever had the wherewithall to own/run one. Roscoe was the name of our dear old English bull terrier that the family had whilst the boys were growing up. Hence only myself and Kev would have any idea what it represented; nevertheless, since I put Clive's suggestion of Penelope Pitstop Pink, I felt the urge to put my own 'imagined' livery in as well!
Thanks for that John. Didn't think it was the American "Chicken 'n Waffles" eating house!
Old 10 Nov 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3329619)   #62
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As a thought, and in keeping with the 1960s, why not the last (I think) colours of Redex Gold Cross oils who semi-sponsored me for a couple of seasons.

The colours would be dark mauve (or purple) with a gold stripe from bonnet to boot.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3329647)   #63
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have decided that I don't give hoot what colour/colours Tim paints his car, it is none of my business, and I should not presume to try and influence his decision. To do so could be interpreted as arrogance, or even patronising. I will just wait and see, leaving it to Mr Falce's good judgement, no doubt it will all be done in the best possible taste.

bauble.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3329649)   #64
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
If you do eventually decide to go for pink Tim, how about a few body modifications to suit.... like this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQu2HgDTwQ
Old 10 Nov 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3329664)   #65
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Begone thou scurvy villains who are extracting the urine from Tim..

Tim you need something that is totally different and unique from all your compatriots and makes your car stand out from the crowd. Marshals will love you for it, you'll get better service if your car is very distinctive rather than any shade of white with a white helmet ...ditto blue, green, black...etc. Try something fluorescent or the vivid paint that used to change colour depending on what angle you looked at it.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3329666)   #66
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Tim you need something that is totally different and unique from all your compatriots and makes your car stand out from the crowd. Marshals will love you for it, you'll get better service if your car is very distinctive rather than any shade of white with a white helmet ...ditto blue, green, black...etc. Try something fluorescent or the vivid paint that used to change colour depending on what angle you looked at it.
That's what I've always liked about yellow and I've always been inundated with photographs of it since I changed the colour from red.

Hmmmm, maybe just freshen what I've got.

Ken, I used to own a few Capris and Sue always called them pricks on wheels so I've been there before.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3329871)   #67
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As a thought, and in keeping with the 1960s, why not the last (I think) colours of Redex Gold Cross oils who semi-sponsored me for a couple of seasons.

The colours would be dark mauve (or purple) with a gold stripe from bonnet to boot.
Now that sounds really good, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have decided that I don't give hoot what colour/colours Tim paints his car, it is none of my business, and I should not presume to try and influence his decision. To do so could be interpreted as arrogance, or even patronising. I will just wait and see, leaving it to Mr Falce's good judgement, no doubt it will all be done in the best possible taste.

bauble.
Very large tongue in very large cheek, Bob!
Old 11 Nov 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3329897)   #68
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Now that sounds really good, actually!

Very large tongue in very large cheek, Bob!
Are you suggesting that I have a very large mouth, John?
Old 11 Nov 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3329919)   #69
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Pass! Next question!
Old 12 Nov 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3330206)   #70
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
How about, you could even substitute the white for the mandatory pink!

Speak to the tobacco company they may even sponsor it!

Old 14 Nov 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3331436)   #71
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Ok, more seriously....

Something bright but not garish, modern but classic.....

How about going from Lemming to Orangutan (give it a few minutes) :
Attached Thumbnails
F-type-1_2718446b.jpg