Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3837860)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sergio Marchionne

Anyone else smell a rat?
Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3837868)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, smells more like a guy who was already retiring for health reasons and had shoulder surgery. The potential for complications and problems with shoulder surgery are high and as he was leaving within the year I think people are looking for things larger and scarier than a guy who wants to take care of himself. And likely has had complications develop that will limit his time in the office so transferring responsibilities earlier is better than pretending nothing happened and kicking it down the road. But then I'm usually one to think most conspiracy hinting news is trying for headlines and commentary clicks. Just look at how much leaks, conspiracy theories rarely stand the test since no one can keep their mouth shut anymore and paying for news isn't frowned upon as it used to be.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3837879)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That Marchionne is trying to save his job and his friends.
Good luck to him.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 02:43 (Ref:3837902)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It appears his condition is far worse than has been reported, with the latest news suggesting he is now in a coma and fighting for survival. It seems cancer is the reason for his sudden deterioration.

Thoughts with his family and friends as he faces his largest battle.

http://www.abruzzolive.it/?p=95063
Old 22 Jul 2018, 06:59 (Ref:3837915)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sad business. Marchionne has been good for Ferrari and FCA.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3837931)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Big shock. Hope he gets through this
Old 22 Jul 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3837997)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Given the speed of such a permanent change by the board (even if he was retiring at end of year) and even with non speculative sources speaking to a rapid decline, it seems unlikely this is normal surgery complications.

Richard
Old 22 Jul 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3838096)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They were saying in C4 this might boost Kimi’s chance of staying
Old 22 Jul 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3838122)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will it start making him drive quicker?
Old 22 Jul 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3838134)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was driving quicker than Seb.......
Old 22 Jul 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3838138)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OT: Vettel is faster than you. that was annoying when they didn’t just ask Kimi.

Anyway. We don’t really know what is wrong, but let’s something not too serious.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3838483)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Albeit Jean is busy with other things, it seems Peugeot must give a hand to the ScuderÃ*a. Is the best thing I could advice to them.
Keep an eye on Eric Bouiller, he could be useful.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3838502)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Albeit Jean is busy with other things, it seems Peugeot must give a hand to the ScuderÃ*a. Is the best thing I could advice to them.
Keep an eye on Eric Bouiller, he could be useful.
Eric Bouiller couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel!
Not that I was aware of him having medical abilities able to help Marchionne in his fight for life.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3838518)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

I don’t think Boullier would fit in with the Ferrari way
Old 24 Jul 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3838525)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
perhaps another Frenchman to the rescue!
Old 25 Jul 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3838678)   #16
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
R.I.P. Sergio Marchionne.

Sad News.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ler-dead-at-66
Old 25 Jul 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3838679)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Sad, and mysterious. Fiat owes him a great debt.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3838696)   #18
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
R.I.P. Sergio Marchionne.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3838723)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and so quickly after last weeks announcement.

R.I.P.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3838738)   #20
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Reports are that he died of an embolism which developed as a result of his shoulder surgery. That, I get. What I don’t fully understand is why FCA and Ferrari announced his various replacements with what I think was indecent haste, while he was still (it is said) in a coma. Why not wait a few weeks? He was going to retire at the end of the year anyway.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3838739)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Condolences, very sudden and just after he had stepped down.

R.I.P.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3838751)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Sad news
Old 25 Jul 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3838752)   #23
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Eric Bouiller couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel!
Not that I was aware of him having medical abilities able to help Marchionne in his fight for life.
Precisely. Ferrari needs Him.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3838758)   #24
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That’s really sad, though not exactly surprising from the tone that the shoulder operation news was delivered last week. It does feel slightly insensitive of Ferrari to appoint an actual head rather than an interim one whilst this was going on.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3838761)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

Well I don't know what to say. When I heard he was in a coma I knew it was bad, so guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but it is a big shock. One minute he's heading the company, the next he's gone for good