Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:18 (Ref:308869)   #1
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rubinho... once again a sacrificial lamb??

Poor Rubinho.. once again he's been made a sacrificial lamb. Post race conference, it seems as ig he's cryin gand begiing to the mafia that "please!! let me win". Once again a horrible pit stop for Rubens (mentioned by the interviewer at the post race press conference) and the safety car coming out just at the wrong time.

Rubinho must be wondering what's with his luck?? The guy must be very frustrated...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:33 (Ref:308898)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralfie's pit stop was more horrible than the "usual" servant pit stop of Rubens...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:42 (Ref:308918)   #3
freud
Veteran

I can just imagine Rubens being so frustrated, as he looked on the podium and during the post-race press conference. I think he made a very good overtaking manouvere on JPM (JPM did make a small mistake coming out of the last corner and Rubens took a tow to get past him). He was leading the race and the safety car comes out just at the wrong moment for him... and then he has that 'typical' Ferrari pitstop we are so used to seeing. Sometimes its the fuel hose, sometimes its the debris on side pods, sometimes its the missing wheel... tch tch. Poor Rubens.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:02 (Ref:308951)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
The reason that Barelyfellow looked so glum on the podium and during the post-race conference was that he was still ****ed at DC for running the chicane... even though he also ran it, thus eliminating any chance of the stewards taking any action..

Ok I promise, this is the last time I will say it until after I get back from holidays - GIVE THE SECOND FERRARI TO FISI!!!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:14 (Ref:308964)   #5
Baby Spice
Racer

Baby Spice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this race is just as usual when all stupid strategy went to Rubens, Inigo, Ferrari won't take Fisi as no. 2 bcoz if they tell Fisi to let TGF past, they will be slam by the entire nation, of course, they don't want all the Italians turn their back on them
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:18 (Ref:308970)   #6
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Spice... The team orders are there because one driver has a much better chance than the other to win the WDC. With Fisi there, I don't believe there would be a definite number one.

Maybe I'm hopelessly naive...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:20 (Ref:308972)   #7
freud
Veteran

Schumi would walk out of Ferrari if Fisi walks in... he can't treat an Italian like dog-poo in Ferrari.

Last edited by freud; 9 Jun 2002 at 21:21.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:23 (Ref:308975)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Baby Spice
they will be slam by the entire nation, of course, they don't want all the Italians turn their back on them
They already have been haven't they?
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:23 (Ref:308976)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
So dammit - give the number one car to him then...
TGF has been at Ferrari, what? 6 years, and still can't put together a sentence in Italian... what a disgrace...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:33 (Ref:308991)   #10
freud
Veteran

We can only dream and hope of Rubens getting the #1 car someday... As far as TGF is there, he wont get it.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:47 (Ref:309000)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Barelyfellow? Number one at Ferrari? No thanks. I meant Fisichella.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:52 (Ref:309007)   #12
freud
Veteran

Let me tell you... Rubens can do as good a job/or better if he gets the car that TGF is drivng and the support (technical plus mental).
Old 9 Jun 2002, 22:00 (Ref:309015)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
You can tell me all you want... but I won't believe you...

He is a spineless whiner who agrees to work as a lapdog, then complains about it bitterly, then resigns a two year contract to become a lapdog again.

Spineless whining is not a character trait that great drivers like Fisichella and TGF possess.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 22:03 (Ref:309017)   #14
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Spineless whining is not a character trait that great drivers like Fisichella and TGF possess.
Didnt TGF do exactly that after the Austrian GP??
Old 9 Jun 2002, 22:09 (Ref:309019)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Don't remember him whining about anything after Austria.

Anyways, you won't bait me into anything regarding TGF... Scroll up and you'll see that, while I think he is a great driver, I hold no special place in my heart for TGF... I want to see a Ferrari with an Italian of some ability in it... winning races!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 22:54 (Ref:309046)   #16
freud
Veteran

Well it was 'spineless' on his part to take those 4 points afterall he's driving a car thats superior to the field by at least a second per lap. And he did whine about how it wasnt his decision and put the entire blame on Ferrari chiefs.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:31 (Ref:309064)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
Schumi would walk out of Ferrari if Fisi walks in... he can't treat an Italian like dog-poo in Ferrari.
Says who?!? With a Frog and a Kiwi running the farce, the Itai would be spaghett.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:36 (Ref:309068)   #18
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
<ahem> it wasn't his decision, it WAS the Ferrari higher ups. You can't paint TGF with one brush, and not also get paint on Barelyfellow... such a good little puppy...

I want a real driver in that Ferrari... not a wimp like Poopins..
Woof woof woof...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:49 (Ref:309077)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well in these laast few races the not so good Rubens has been getting within 2 or 3 tenths of Schumi.

Now take away Schumis legendary half a second per lap......
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:56 (Ref:309080)   #20
freud
Veteran

Its very easy to criticize Rubens and say that 'he's not a real' driver. But its a thankless job for him. oss Brawn doesnt even talk to him during the race weekends (as he's mentioned on various interviews)... And if you are criticizing 'Rubens' for accepting a contract that makes him a 'lap-dog' then my friend, you are wrong. Tell me what are Rubens choices... Jaguar? or Jordan? At Ferrari he at least is on the front rows and racing for the 'team'. And what if Rubens had refused to be a lap-dog. I am sure Ferrari can find 'many' lapdogs for TGFarce. I mean why cant Ferrari just allow their two drivers to do their best and win races... they can do that even while they favor Schu. They should learn from Williams.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 00:17 (Ref:309100)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Paulzinho, I do not question his ability as a driver - he's adequate, and can be very fast. This year's car seems to suit him well, and he's had some bad luck. What I do question is his "intestinal fortitude".

Freud, I would have respected Barelyfellow had he accepted his puppy dog role at Ferrari and happily driven to second places for the past 3 years. You know, like Eddie did. But noooo, he had to whine and complain to everyone about it... claiming he is just as fast as TGF, and that he has equal status, blah blah blah.. All of this, then then to resign for two more years in the same role just confirms what I suspected: he doesn't have the balls to be a number one, and he knows it.
And as far as his choices: you mentioned Jordan. Fisi is there, and sure the car is not as competative as the Ferrari... but... at the very least, Giancarlo can go home at the end of the day after having fought for his third straight points finish in that tank he is driving, look at himself in the mirror, and see a MAN staring back at him.

And no, we won't see Giancarlo at Ferrari while TGF is there, because he would never sign such a contract...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 10 Jun 2002 at 00:19.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 02:55 (Ref:309152)   #22
freud
Veteran

Quote:

Freud, I would have respected Barelyfellow had he accepted his puppy dog role at Ferrari and happily driven to second places for the past 3 years. You know, like Eddie did. But noooo, he had to whine and complain to everyone about it... claiming he is just as fast as TGF, and that he has equal status, blah blah blah.. All of this, then then to resign for two more years in the same role just confirms what I suspected: he doesn't have the balls to be a number one, and he knows it.
Now tell me Inigo... "Have you see Ruben's contract?".. How can you say that "Rubens has accepted puppy dog rolw at Ferrari". I just remember a statement from him in which he says that "He is required to follow team orders". BUT.. following team orders dont mean that he becomes a 'lap dog' of Michael. He has his own legal place in the team. Personally, I dont think that there is any specific clause in his contract that obliges him to act as Michael's lap-dog and its totally unfair on part of Ferrari to treat Rubens the way they've being doing for past 3 years. One can ask "then why is Rubens at Ferrari?" and I would answer that because "he doesnt have any other option". He wants to stay in a winning team.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 03:33 (Ref:309162)   #23
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Of course I haven't seen his contract.

Regardless of whether its in his contract or not (and I think it is), its there for everyone to see what his role is...
And he has accepted it...

"My time will come." is one quote that comes to mind...
By the way, if he is as great as you say, then why does he have no other options, as you claim...

Woof woof woof...
Old 10 Jun 2002, 04:31 (Ref:309172)   #24
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I want a real driver in that Ferrari...
well they should get rid of TFG , then!!!!
Old 10 Jun 2002, 05:34 (Ref:309184)   #25
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh freud, always on maximum revs aren't you. The FIA conspiracy gets even more "credibility" as the season progresses. And of course, Jean and Ross ordered poor Rubens to let Michael win and not to pass David also; not that's what I call teamorders.

Paulzinho, I believe that that half a second makes him the better driver of the two.