Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 2 May 2001, 07:14 (Ref:87869)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Soooooooooooooo

What's everybody racing this weekend? Or are you like me, going cold turkey whilst the car is being repaired, rebuilt or standing waiting for funds?
Old 2 May 2001, 07:28 (Ref:87876)   #2
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clio V6 is waiting for the new suspension kit to be issued by Renault that is going to miracoulously transform the handling... so no point even testing. Next race (since I didn't qualify for Monaco support) is June 10th at Spa. Going seriously cold turkey.

Coud run the Clio 172 at Thruxton, but I can't raise the entry money (£6k+ have to enter whole season...)

So, will be trying to schmooze me a sponsor...

RickP
Old 3 May 2001, 11:35 (Ref:88280)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This weekend I'll be resting after two interstate meetings, the last two weekends.
Old 3 May 2001, 17:13 (Ref:88397)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did I see a pair of Clios for sale in Autosprout Rick?
Old 4 May 2001, 07:11 (Ref:88690)   #5
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering

a) I have already sold one of the 2

b) I didn't ask Autosport to rerun that advert

and

c) I have no idea where my mythical 911 GTO drive came from (P105)3

d) And I have no interest in the ISC (P105)

I have really no clue what is going on with them this week!!!

But yes Peter, the 172s are up for sale, trying to focus on the V6 really plus I do have the offer of a drive in the FIA Sportscars in a Pilbeam-Nissan if I can raise the dough or a 911-GT3RS in the ELMS at Jarama next weekend, again, too much money.

So the old Clio 172 doesn't really seem as exciting as it used to !

RickP
Old 4 May 2001, 07:48 (Ref:88698)   #6
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'ol Haggispeed will be out again on Monday at Cadwell along with the rest of the Classic Package gang. Made a couple of changes for this week, like repairing the leaking oil tank and the leaking header tank. Also changed the diff ratio - that's the only trouble with these Clubman cars, can't mess around with gear ratios like you can on a Hewland.
Still should be good fun - raced there twice now so know my way around a bit, hope it stays dry. Low point is we're last race of the day so it's going to be late home, (200 mile drive for me). You still in Sunny Siberia Pete ?
Old 4 May 2001, 08:29 (Ref:88721)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually, I'll be in sunnny Whitby at the weekend so I might just make a detour on the way home.
Old 4 May 2001, 08:44 (Ref:88729)   #8
Tony Harman
Veteran

Great - be good to see you - Whitby can almost be classed as local for Cadwell, and there ain't much "local" to Cadwell (unless you're a potato) A Warning though, you'll come away terribly depressed wishing you were out there meandering along those twisty leafy lanes... right foot nailed to the floor !!!
Old 4 May 2001, 15:48 (Ref:88903)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Harman
.......................A Warning though, you'll come away terribly depressed wishing you were out there meandering along those twisty leafy lanes... right foot nailed to the floor !!!
Nah................... Er yes probably.
Old 6 May 2001, 05:05 (Ref:89557)   #10
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I was planning a quiet weekend resting at home and then on Friday, my mate rings me and says we should go up to Warwick and check out the Super Sprint series. So off we go to Morgan Park, a little club circuit just outside of Warwick, a country town 220km (138 miles) SW of Brisbane.

Anyway, an early start and a very late return, they have night racing under floodlights, but we had a great day. 138 entries, incredible variety and everyone having a great time in a very laid back atmoshpere at minimal expense.

I'm very much a touring car fan but my car of the meting was something very different. A brand new black AC Cobra replica with a twin-turbo Quad-cam 4.0 litre Lexus V8 engine. The presentation and detailing of which were unsurpassed by anything I've seen in a long time. The shine was only beaten by the incredible sound.
Old 8 May 2001, 10:03 (Ref:90119)   #11
Tony Harman
Veteran

HI Pete - Did you make it to sunny, yes SUNNY Cadwell ?
Old 8 May 2001, 13:54 (Ref:90223)   #12
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I made it.

Sat was spent at the local rolling road setting up my newly refurb Webers. 145bhp @ 6780rpm (flywheel) and 130 lb/ft torque @ 5770rpm which I was happy with.

Cadwell was bathed in sunshine and I was looking for a good qualifying, 3rd lap into qualifying and I broke my throttle linkage and cruised to a halt at the bottom of the mountain. Whilst yelling to my pitcrew (they were in the grandstand eating icecream :-)) A spectator came across to the fence and offered me his key ring loop. With some bending I fixed the linkage and shot back out for another 4 laps. Got a 1:54.something which equalled my best lap last year so I wasn't too unhappy until I saw R Kerry (XR3) had done a 1:51.something which was 1 second under the lap record :-(

R Kerry pulled off the green flag lap with a loose rear bub bolt. I started 12th on the grid and got a lousy start, pulled it back at Charlies and set about chasing the 2 lead class D cars S Cockrell in the other Sunbeam and A Cope in the XR2. All 3 of us kept station for the entire 15 lap race. We finished in that order (6th,7th and 8th)with Sean breaking the lap record with a 1:52.33, A Cope with a 1.52.41 and me with a 1.52.63. I was happy as I'd gone 2 seconds faster than last year :-)

Looking forward to Brands now.....

Andrew
Old 12 May 2001, 22:45 (Ref:91633)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
It's amazing how many Club Racers pull out there best ever lap times when chasing someone who is slightly faster and only just up ahead. I know, I do it often.