Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Jul 2019, 08:09 (Ref:3918803)   #51
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I spent the weekend at the CSCC Anglesey meeting . My first visit - and it has leaped to being my second favorite UK track . Cadwell will always be first , but I loved the combination of gradients, very fast sections and technical sections - and even better was the absence of debris fencing and the ability to circumnavigate the whole circuit . And that's before I get started on the stunning views.

Great racing too.
Glad you enjoyed the CSCC weekend. I raced in the Magnificent 7s and had a great time. The track has always been awesome but since i was last there in 2016 the Paddock facilities are improved with new shower and loo blocks, plenty of hook up power points and we had a really good meal for £8.50 in the cafe on the saturday evening.

I think this weekend must rank as the busiest weekend Anglesey has ever had. Something like 250 cars entered on each day!!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3919061)   #52
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Glad you enjoyed the CSCC weekend. I raced in the Magnificent 7s and had a great time. The track has always been awesome but since i was last there in 2016 the Paddock facilities are improved with new shower and loo blocks, plenty of hook up power points and we had a really good meal for £8.50 in the cafe on the saturday evening.

I think this weekend must rank as the busiest weekend Anglesey has ever had. Something like 250 cars entered on each day!!

Good to see you there Andy - apart from our (newly refurbished) clutch destroying itself after less than 8 laps in qualy we had a good weekend, too - Anglesey is certainly one of my favourite circuits.

Just done a quick check of the TSL timing sheets and there were actually 198 cars that took the track for qualifying - I think a few had "failed to proceed" after testing on Friday
Old 23 Jul 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3919066)   #53
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
...apart from our (newly refurbished) clutch destroying itself after less than 8 laps in qualy we had a good weekend, too - Anglesey is certainly one of my favourite circuits.

Ah, I saw that the car had disappeared when following Live Timing. Wondered what might have happened.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3919143)   #54
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Good to see you there Andy - apart from our (newly refurbished) clutch destroying itself after less than 8 laps in qualy we had a good weekend, too - Anglesey is certainly one of my favourite circuits.

Just done a quick check of the TSL timing sheets and there were actually 198 cars that took the track for qualifying - I think a few had "failed to proceed" after testing on Friday

Sorry to hear that - ironically your clutch issues will get a mention in my race report as I spoke to your co driver before Sat qualifying . Great car - hope you get it sorted soon . Report will be on CSCC website next week/ten days - as Silverstone Classic now looms
Old 26 Jul 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3919406)   #55
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Sorry to hear that - ironically your clutch issues will get a mention in my race report as I spoke to your co driver before Sat qualifying . Great car - hope you get it sorted soon . Report will be on CSCC website next week/ten days - as Silverstone Classic now looms

Clutch now stripped out and wierdly all the friction material on the flywheel side of the driven plate has gone - just the rivets remain - but pressure plate side intact. Never seen anything like it........
Old 26 Jul 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3919410)   #56
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good to see you too, and thanks for your help! Certainly strange about the clutch, hope it can be sorted.
Old 26 Jul 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3919421)   #57
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Clutch now stripped out and wierdly all the friction material on the flywheel side of the driven plate has gone - just the rivets remain - but pressure plate side intact. Never seen anything like it........

That certainly sounds odd. Manufacturing/Material problem presumably?

Material residue anywhere?

Could some sort of strange vibration effect break up the friction surface?

Grant
Old 26 Jul 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3919425)   #58
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
That certainly sounds odd. Manufacturing/Material problem presumably?

Material residue anywhere?

Could some sort of strange vibration effect break up the friction surface?

Grant

Lots of powdery debris inside the clutch housing, apparently, but no big lumps. Clutch had felt fine for loading onto trailer and manouevering in paddock - but apparently started slipping almost as soon as went out in qualy. Going back to suppiers, of course, but speaking to others at Anglesey they are a well though of firm that others have used with no issues, so maybe just a duff batch of material.....we'll see.
Old 26 Jul 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3919434)   #59
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Lots of powdery debris inside the clutch housing, apparently, but no big lumps. Clutch had felt fine for loading onto trailer and manouevering in paddock - but apparently started slipping almost as soon as went out in qualy. Going back to suppiers, of course, but speaking to others at Anglesey they are a well though of firm that others have used with no issues, so maybe just a duff batch of material.....we'll see.
Hopefully a 'well thought of firm' is the sort of company who will do a free replacement at no charge ('as a show of goodwill, no admission of liability etc.etc).