Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Nov 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3941090)   #5751
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The original Lola had an Aston engine in 63?
Fancy Cortina rear lights!
So partly Ford?
Old 17 Nov 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3941091)   #5752
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Am I getting confused with T70?
Old 17 Nov 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3941092)   #5753
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Wasn't he the Lola engineer?
That’s not who I was referring to, you’re being far too high brow
Old 17 Nov 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3941094)   #5754
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Don’t know about high brow but thought kid had Aston Villa shirt!
Old 17 Nov 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3941098)   #5755
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Are you referring to Eric Broadley who designed the Lola Aston that was the basis of GT 40 and has been pushed back in history with the perceived Ford input.
He was Lola !
Pure automotive genius, his Lola 1100 was simply in a class of it's own, and made Chapman have to scratch his head. Very much under rated I think.

Typical Ford ………………

Ooops! Sorry Tim if you are a Ford fan.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3941119)   #5756
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm.

1960s ..

Lola ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU

You'd never be able to make it today.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3941125)   #5757
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, IMO the film is great and the acting superb. Great entertainment, but don’t expect it to be historically accurate!

As Alan says, the Eric Broadley Lola Mk6 was the basis for the first GT40, and Ford engined.......
Old 17 Nov 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3941150)   #5758
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
It must have been a hassle for the producers to find an Italian Mini.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3941157)   #5759
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
It must have been a hassle for the producers to find an Italian Mini.
Parked behind the workshop? Funny you should mention that, the quarter lights were a giveaway!
Old 17 Nov 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3941173)   #5760
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, behind the workshop, bonnet opened. What brought my attention is the enamel logo at the basis of the front wing!
Old 17 Nov 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3941211)   #5761
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Found in GQ, Jason Barlow's words:
" I’ve checked with a few film critics who know less than zero about motor racing and wouldn’t be able to tell a Ford GT40 from a Ford Transit. They all loved it, and I mostly did. But if you’re a pedantic petrolhead, prepare to be mildly irritated."
Old 17 Nov 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3941236)   #5762
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Non Motorsport post.

Anyone else like me watching the BBCs War of the Worlds tonight. Having the 2 films and audio countless times I'm intrigued to see how this performs.

Remember seeing and hearing the the original actually made some believe it was real. A sign of greatness.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3941242)   #5763
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Non Motorsport post.

Anyone else like me watching the BBCs War of the Worlds tonight. Having the 2 films and audio countless times I'm intrigued to see how this performs.

Remember seeing and hearing the the original actually made some believe it was real. A sign of greatness.

You might be thinking about the Orsen Wells radio play that made some people in America think it was really happening .
But that was over 40 years after the original story first came out .
Old 17 Nov 2019, 22:11 (Ref:3941253)   #5764
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
You might be thinking about the Orsen Wells radio play that made some people in America think it was really happening .
But that was over 40 years after the original story first came out .
Yeah I know. Way ahead of its time in certain ways.

Was ok. Just teasing the Tripods with just the one shot. Acting was ok. Looks like it will pick up pace next episode.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 23:50 (Ref:3941279)   #5765
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haven't seen it yet, I was watching Guy Martin do 150mph in a tractor!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Nov 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3941367)   #5766
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Having a great last day here with my son . Just biked along the coastcto kart track .Thanks Gordon .Will take a picture and get Mike to post up
Old 18 Nov 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3941376)   #5767
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Haven't seen it yet, I was watching Guy Martin do 150mph in a tractor!

Well done JCB, Ricardo and others. Good to see!
Old 18 Nov 2019, 14:10 (Ref:3941404)   #5768
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well done JCB, Ricardo and others. Good to see!
The yank one driven by the woman looked a bit "garden shed" built, but no doubt it was a LOT cheaper
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Nov 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3941444)   #5769
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The yank one driven by the woman looked a bit "garden shed" built, but no doubt it was a LOT cheaper
Yes you could sense JCB saying "we're not going to be beaten by a home build, let's throw the kitchen sink at it!"

Old 18 Nov 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3941456)   #5770
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Definitely less of a tractor..... I also doubt the Allis Chalmers weighed 5 tonnes, and it was running a petrol engine, which would have likely been easier to tune!

Since JCB and Ricardo took the diesel WSR with ‘Dieselmax’ I’ve been even more of a fan- and they’re British! And how predictable that Guy has a tractor of his own- he really is into ‘big toys’.....
Old 18 Nov 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3941468)   #5771
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes you could sense JCB saying "we're not going to be beaten by a home build, let's throw the kitchen sink at it!"

How much was that torque wrench at Riccardo's FFS !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Nov 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3941478)   #5772
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
How much was that torque wrench at Riccardo's FFS !!
Yes! £20000 - And it still needed human input!
Old 18 Nov 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3941485)   #5773
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes! £20000 - And it still needed human input!
For that price I'd want it to source all the parts and build the engine
Old 19 Nov 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3941555)   #5774
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Having a great last day here with my son . Just biked along the coast to kart track .Thanks Gordon .Will take a picture and get Mike to post up
Delta's kart track, and an original Montessa engined kart that has been on display there for 50 years! The period photo below the kart was taken at Bilbao, apparently...…
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4668.JPG   IMG_4667.JPG   IMG_4669.JPG  

Old 19 Nov 2019, 06:59 (Ref:3941556)   #5775
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
For that price I'd want it to source all the parts and build the engine
Exactly!