Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3347927)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone Classic

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/Content/RaceGrids
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3353310)   #2
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
YoungRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Classic

Does anyone know if the entries are out or when they will be released for the silverstone classic this year ? Preferably pre 66 GT & also touring cars.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3353311)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRacer View Post
Does anyone know if the entries are out or when they will be released for the silverstone classic this year ? Preferably pre 66 GT & also touring cars.
Hi YoungRacer and welcome!

Just a tad early for any race info! No entry forms expected for a while yet, and if any race is eventually oversubscribed selection has to take place. Pre 66 GT competitors weren't told if their entry was accepted or not until mid summer last year, then was close to event before the list was public. I doubt it will be any different this year- for GT or any of the other races.

Old 12 Jan 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3353312)   #4
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
Thanks mike, for the welcome and the reply, seems like a great forum ! Looking forward to this season !
Old 12 Jan 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3353313)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The only thing that's certain is the 10/10ths BBQ for all our Marshal mates .
Old 13 Jan 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3353314)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
The only thing that's certain is the 10/10ths BBQ for all our Marshal mates .
Absolutely! Peter, if you are reading, maybe idea to tag this onto SC entry on Calendar?

YoungRacer, hope you really are, as we could do with getting the average age of contributors on here down a bit! "Young" to some of us is less than 40 years old....

Just to explain Silverstone Classic entry process a bit more (and apologies if you know already) The meeting is made up of one organisation running the show at the top, then the individual race series organisers working below them. So for instance, Pre 66 GT will be down to Masters Historic Racing, as it is basically their Gentleman Drivers race. The SuperTourer race entry will be down to HSCC, 50s Sportscars by Motor Racing Legends, GpC by GpC Racing and so on. Normally each organiser sorts own entries out then submits to the overall organiser. Last year the Pre 66 race grid (being the feature sat eve race) was oversubscribed nearly 50% and there was a selection process to chose the grid. If most had known it was going to be the most miserable wet race and basically a wash out they probably wouldn't have bothered! Hopefully history will not repeat itself.....

Old 13 Jan 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3353393)   #7
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
weeeeelll.....

we have come up with a remarkable idea

Il try to do the Silverstone Classic in:

F1 - March 721
F2 - March 752
F3 - Ralt RT 1

all slicks and wings single seaters....

If, of course, my entries get taken up.

Ill either be completely knackered or happy or both afterwards

and yes, the idea is a bit mad.....

Rudolf
Old 13 Jan 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3353395)   #8
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
Thanks for clearing that up ! Yeah i hope we get a dry one this year, we had a couple etypes & a cortina there and the other drivers going out in the downpoor weren't too happy, I was gutted not to see a group c night race. Organisers were right to call it off though i think there would have been a nasty shunt.

This year we have the V8 race though so that should be one hell of a good sight, hopefully we will be in with a couple cars too !
Old 13 Jan 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3353397)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

What's this V8 grid?
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3353442)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm,

What's this V8 grid?
Could be wrong, but think it may be Moostangs? Or is that at the September thing, or both?
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3353573)   #11
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
I'm trying to track down where I saw / read it, but I came across an article mentioning a race for mustangs, falcons, galaxies etc, I hope I'm not imagining things, premature dementia in that case..
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3353606)   #12
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too have heard that there are plans afoot to run a 'Stang type car race at Silverstone. I expect it will be a broader V8 grid with Falcons etc as you say. Not seen any details yet but the great white behemoth is being prepared just in case!
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3353607)   #13
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year is the 50th anniversary for the Rustang, so could it be a 'celebration'?
I expect Zeff will know!
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3353615)   #14
JonWolfe
Rookie

European Union
Gravenhurst
JonWolfe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am watching closely and will be there in the Falc' if at all possible...The '64 Falcon can be seen as a Mustang for the slightly older and duller person...hence why it only lasted 1 year of production!
Old 14 Jan 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3353719)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The old memory bank info retrieval service has been working overtime during the night- Masters I think are running the one-off race for Mustangs and Falcons. Not sure if Galaxies included as well- could be. (Sorry, Peter M- no Roovers.) The September extravaganza has a Mustang only race for the model's 50th Anniversary.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3353958)   #16
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
This sounds brilliant, we will have a bit of both in that case, spoke to masters today about entering a few cars, nothing on paper yet so I'm a bit early, I'm starting to prefer silverstone classic over a lot of other events
Old 14 Jan 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3354032)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
spoke to masters today about entering a few cars
Impressive. Think you need to come out from behind your pseudonym!

Old 15 Jan 2014, 05:47 (Ref:3354129)   #18
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Usual unbalanced race programme for Silverstone Festival with layers of organisers wanting and needing to make margins.

If only it could go back 15 years!

Will not be bothering this year.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3354346)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Will not be bothering this year.
Sadly John, the grids will no doubt still be full, despite your absense. I will be there, but am not expecting to be on track!
Old 16 Jan 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3354685)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Guaranteed full grids!

Don't know why when you can race at HSCC meeting in May.

Same circuit and half the hassle.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3354695)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
there is a lot in that - HSCC May meeting has GTSCC and Guards so two races probably for the same price as one at the Classic. Having said that I am doing Pre 63 at the Classic and the entry is in so being greedy I will do both!
Old 16 Jan 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3354720)   #22
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Don't know why when you can race at HSCC meeting in May.

Same circuit and half the hassle.
I also am not interested in doing the Classic with their sky high entry fees. I'll be at the HSCC event on the GP circuit in May and also the MGCC bash - on the GP circuit - on the 21st/22nd June. Both meetings are extremely well run and so much better value for the competitors - and spectators.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3354849)   #23
Michael Birch
Rookie

Michael Birch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Having said that I am doing Pre 63 at the Classic and the entry is in so being greedy I will do both!
Mr Drabble, I am with you!!
Old 16 Jan 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3354889)   #24
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
Looking forward to both, did the May event last year and it's a good warm up for the classic, there's something about the wing pits for me, gets me going every time !
Have you seen HSCC have launched a new super touring car championship for cars from 1970 - 2000 !
Old 16 Jan 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3354898)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Have you seen HSCC have launched a new super touring car championship for cars from 1970 - 2000 !
Errr, pay attention at the back! The series was going last year as well, and started out as a one off race at Silverstone Classic in 2012.......

The May HSCC International meeting will I guess use the National (old) pits and paddock as it usually does, and be the better for it!