Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3347928)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Nostalgia Weekend

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf
Old 17 Jul 2014, 14:23 (Ref:3434899)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Squeezed in between Silverstone Classic and Nurburgring OldTimer, but a gem of a meeting and worth the long haul (for me) up the A1.

Given a choice of this or OldTimer have decided on Croft- unless suddenly get some racers desperate for transport to Germany! As Gilbert Gilbern will be between engine and gearboxes probably enter Baby Blue for Guards. Still space on the grid according to HSCC.

News from HSCC on the circuit catering! Locally sourced fresh produce now for the grub, and real ale on tap. Open until 11pm Friday eve. Not sure if that will be enough to drag a certain gang away from the Indian in Darlington- the one with the giant naan breads........

Old 17 Jul 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3434903)   #3
GrahamH
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
GrahamH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a great event, well worth the trip.

If my car was working I'd be there: Can't believe I have missed it two years in a row with car problems.

Good to hear the catering has changed: Last year it was dire. The choice consisted of low quality burgers with chips, or just chips.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3434924)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
It's a great event, well worth the trip.

Good to hear the catering has changed: Last year it was dire. The choice consisted of low quality burgers with chips, or just chips.
That would be just chips then! I guess your comment sums up why the circuit is emphasising the 'new caterers'.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3434929)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Busy weekend for me, put in an application to show a car at the Goodwood display on Sunday not expecting an acceptance, but guess what? So Friday/Saturday at Croft with the E type then white knuckle ride for Mrs M to swop cars in time for Sunday roast in the Big House
Old 17 Jul 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3434948)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Busy weekend for me, put in an application to show a car at the Goodwood display on Sunday not expecting an acceptance, but guess what? So Friday/Saturday at Croft with the E type then white knuckle ride for Mrs M to swop cars in time for Sunday roast in the Big House
Ahh, the draw of Goodwood strikes again! No speeding down the motorway now, it's not just a visit to the CoC if you get caught...

For those not understanding of the thread title, it is the Croft Nostalgia weekend, with HSCC racing part of the proceedings on the circuit's 50th anniversary. Lots of other stuff happening!

Website- www.croftcircuit.co.uk/news/nostalgia.html The provisional timetable is on there as well.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3434959)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's handy, last race of the day on Saturday
Old 17 Jul 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3434967)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That's handy, last race of the day on Saturday
As I recall, Colin, a couple of years back that last race on Saturday was delayed due a some notable precipitation during the day.

In fact the penultimate race ran at around 7pm, iirc, and the last race was held over until Sunday due to further precipitation.

Just thought I would mention that to make you feel more comfortable with your arrangements ...

You could seek out a kind individual with a helicopter I suppose (and a night flying capability). Or maybe one of the flying display people could do the honours early on Sunday morning .. though it might take a while.

Or, if they are doing the Dinner Dance again, just change plans and go for a 50s knees up of Northern proportions - whatever one of those might be.

Terrific meeting though. Facilities much improved compared to my first visit back in the 70s ...
Old 18 Jul 2014, 06:30 (Ref:3435054)   #9
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...look who's got pride of place on the tickets page

http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/tickets/nostalgia.html
Old 18 Jul 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3435100)   #10
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 20 Jul 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3435865)   #11
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Chev Camaro will be at Croft in Historic Road Sports - must be 5 or 6 years since my last visit in the Alfa GTA.
Such a friendly crowd & not to be missed - just apprehensive about the 270-mile trek in the Chev - at least a two-stop fuel strategy !
Any Ten Tenthers, come by the car in the Paddock and glad to meet you.
Nick
Old 20 Jul 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3435980)   #12
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been there this weekend for a BARC meeting - as in past years there's a buzz about the place with circuit staff and officials really looking forward to this meeting. Circuit looking good. New manager in place. Race control is now upstairs next to the timing room.

Not sure what the new general catering facilities will be like but there is now a small cafeteria-type facility where the sign-on used to be. I'm not sure who has access to that, I.e. If it's just drivers, teams and officials etc or if it's public as well but the Chicken Korma smelt nice today - I resisted of course.

Lots of advance publicity in recent weeks including cars and 'period characters' visiting north-east towns to increase interest so should be a good turnout again. Looking forward to it.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3436025)   #13
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Any Ten Tenthers, come by the car in the Paddock and glad to meet you.
Nick
The last two times I did that you had DNF's.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3436535)   #14
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi ! Chiggers !! the Chev is a lot more reliable than that ! I did both races at Snett this year, and only pulled out at Thruxton when the weather conditons went from bad to impossible, (Marcus Pye wrote that it was the worst rain he had seen at a British meeting ever). I did not enter Silverstone and Brands Hatch GP as I was booked on something else that weekend.

I will be at Oulton Park Gold Cup barring something horrible happening at Croft.
See you at one of those, I hope,
Nick
Old 28 Jul 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3439420)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
...look who's got pride of place on the tickets page

http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/tickets/nostalgia.html
That's a great picture, is it one of your's Gazza.??? Hang on a minuit I think you have your other job at Croft.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3439431)   #16
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not one of mine, mine are better! Only joking of course!

Yes, time-keeping again this weekend so no doubt see you and other Tenthers as and when I can. Think I will be there to set-up on Friday test day as well.

I see Brian Johnson (of AC/DC fame) is driving a Mini this weekend.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3440095)   #17
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
t'weather looks grim oop north
Old 30 Jul 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3440102)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
t'weather looks grim oop north
Nay lad, 'tis normal. 'tlocal area has its own micro climate. Management know to the minute how long it will take for the floods to disappear.

HTH.

Old 30 Jul 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3440103)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Old 30 Jul 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3440104)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

http://www.scene-from-above.com/web/...?dir=15654&s=3

Scroll down a couple of rows ....

HTH.

Old 30 Jul 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3440109)   #21
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
http://www.scene-from-above.com/web/...?dir=15654&s=3

Scroll down a couple of rows ....

HTH.

And that was one of the dryer days!

I wouldn't place too much stock in the current BBC / Met Office 5-day forecasts, they seem to change them more often than an Italian Government. Local view / forecasts at the moment aren't too bad with sunshine and showers for Saturday and better on Sunday. Last time I looked at the BBC site they were talking thunderstorms for Saturday but not a mention of that on their regional news.

I'll still bring my wellies though -and I'll be inside!
Old 30 Jul 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3440113)   #22
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
By the way, any Tenthers scheduled to do the Friday test?
Old 30 Jul 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3440114)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
And that was one of the dryer days!

I wouldn't place too much stock in the current BBC / Met Office 5-day forecasts, they seem to change them more often than an Italian Government. Local view / forecasts at the moment aren't too bad with sunshine and showers for Saturday and better on Sunday. Last time I looked at the BBC site they were talking thunderstorms for Saturday but not a mention of that on their regional news.

I'll still bring my wellies though -and I'll be inside!
Remember two years ago looking at the sky in the Saturday eve Guards race as I came though the Clark Esses. Black as the proverbial with lightning flashes and getting closer every lap. Never had a drop of rain!

Old 30 Jul 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3440233)   #24
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
By the way, any Tenthers scheduled to do the Friday test?
Yep, hope to get some wet practice
Old 30 Jul 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3440239)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Yep, hope to get some wet practice
I'll turn the taps on when I get there in the morning, should help a bit.