Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Oct 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3857616)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Enjoy yourselves you youngsters, I did intend to pop across and see you all but things alter and we are off to Morocco next week for a change (and a wedding)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Oct 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3857775)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We qualified 8th not too shabby, just behind a Sierra Cosworth.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3857776)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
And the sun is shining! At last......
Old 19 Oct 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3857778)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hey that’s alright Peter . I was not firing on all four this morning hang on that’s eight. Eat something last night and I had awful night with with both upper and lower parts of my body throwing out rotten food . We just of for Pizza now so fingers crossed.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3857788)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be the Pepsi… Enjoy the races!
Old 19 Oct 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3857808)   #31
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You were so proud about doing the right thing last night as well. Best get back to the pizza and beer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Oct 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3857955)   #32
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Found the live timing at https://livetiming.getraceresults.co...screen-results
Old 20 Oct 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3857992)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Me and Peter were P2 in class . 1st in class was Steve Soper and Patric Watts . We had to do fuel stop and they did not . After 2 hours we were a Minuit behind them. So great result . The Rover again was fantastic and did not miss a beat . Ken and his son Tim did a great job again and many thanks to Pat and Peter for letting me share the drive in such a fantastic car . All in all a great day for me . My cars at Silverstone went well with HRTR5 getting a podium so chuffed to bits for him and Team Delta . Icing on the cake was Reading best Milwall 3-1. Happy days
Old 21 Oct 2018, 06:35 (Ref:3858092)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Glad it went well! Hopefully next year (assuming) MRL will revert to two shorter races and attract more than 12 entries and 10 starters. 2hrs seems to put a lot of potential entrants off.

We’re out at 0930 for our 2hr race. Could be wet but drying later. Oh well...... At least we’ve reached the start with a (touch wood) healthy car, not like the last two visits.

And my team won as well!
Old 21 Oct 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3858120)   #35
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Me and Peter were P2 in class . 1st in class was Steve Soper and Patric Watts . We had to do fuel stop and they did not . After 2 hours we were a Minuit behind them. So great result . The Rover again was fantastic and did not miss a beat . Ken and his son Tim did a great job again and many thanks to Pat and Peter for letting me share the drive in such a fantastic car . All in all a great day for me . My cars at Silverstone went well with HRTR5 getting a podium so chuffed to bits for him and Team Delta . Icing on the cake was Reading best Milwall 3-1. Happy days

A great Saturday Iain! Well done.

I raced against that Patrick Watts once. Tough competitor! (Well, ok, it was a 24hr charity kart race and he had turned up for his allotted stints earlier in the event so as far as I recall we were not on track together. In fact as team manager for the event the only reason I was out there at all was that none of my many drivers were awake for the midnight stint ...)

I checked the HSCC results and spotted that HRTR5 had qualified well and claimed a great result. Well done Mr. Owen!

Looks like a nice day to be at Silverstone. However I will be undertaking some precautionary central heating system maintenance. So much fun! I really can't wait to get it all to get the job under way.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3858131)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm grateful to Iain for his efforts. A great team mate. We ran pretty consistently and it was only the pit stop that lost us the lead. Hey ho that is motorsport. Everyone we met were fantastic except one prepper/driver who shall remain nameless, who was a complete arse at lunch on Friday. We moved tables. He's been off my Christmas card list since Goodwood. The car ran very well other than a glitch with the wiper motor which kept switching on. A little bit disconcerting.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3858158)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Wow, don’t think I’ve ever had to drive on such a slippery track as this morning. Wet and oily, but not actually raining. Quite literally a skating rink, but impressively in the 2hr GTSCC race no cars went off and damaged themselves. (Or anyone else.) Only retirements were from mechanical issues. We climbed up the order quite a lot and finished 12th from 27 starters. (2 cars dead after qualifying- Last year it happened to us, and the year before the engine was not healthy all weekend, so great to have a clean run. )

Now at the airport waiting for flight home. Then tomorrow start out for Imola.....
Old 21 Oct 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3858160)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Great result Mike .Safe trip to Imola.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3858169)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup great result. Just chatted to Mike and got the first hand account.