Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 May 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3906001)   #76
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking at the results sheets for the second HFJ race I'm somewhat puzzled. (Even more so than for the first race where Richard Bradley seemed to start about 30 seconds after everyone else. Like some sort of handicap race.)

Did the race start under a safety car deployment?

Richard Bradley seems to have had another drive from the back for some reason. He and 2 or three others have somewhat strange looking lap timings from the start.

No doubt there is some sort of tale to tell.
Old 26 May 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3906186)   #77
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!

Just stopped for the night short of Bordoux. Bit knackard as been on the go since 5 am. Will try and explain FJ race. We had wet practices Richard was 3.5 secs quicker than anyone else .Turns up on grid and clutch pedal goes to floor . I’m in pits and the race starts but I see him being pushed into the pit entrance .,I would probably beeten Usain Bolt with my dash up to the brabham . Richard shouted “no clutch we are out”I then said drive without the beep beep beep clutch .,Pushed him to get car rolling and he got a gear and roared off to finish P5. We only had 4 hours in between races . I did a lot of pondering and me Richards Dad and Richard decided to do second race with no clutch as well. He came into pits on warm up lap. I was waiting along with many friends . Race started and we got Richard out as soon as pit lane exit light went green .,We got stuffed by safety car but he still got P2. This lad is special in all my years racing he is without doubt the best driver we have run . All my other cars finished and Team Delta had a special weekend . As I drove out of the paddock I looked back and sincerely hope this was not the last time racing at Pau.
Old 26 May 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3906189)   #78
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a great day then Iain. Great memories are made of this - sounds like your team motto is similar to ours when the driver whinges: "Just ****** drive it!"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 26 May 2019, 23:31 (Ref:3906207)   #79
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just stopped for the night short of Bordoux. Bit knackard as been on the go since 5 am. Will try and explain FJ race. We had wet practices Richard was 3.5 secs quicker than anyone else .Turns up on grid and clutch pedal goes to floor . I’m in pits and the race starts but I see him being pushed into the pit entrance .,I would probably beeten Usain Bolt with my dash up to the brabham . Richard shouted “no clutch we are out”I then said drive without the beep beep beep clutch .,Pushed him to get car rolling and he got a gear and roared off to finish P5. We only had 4 hours in between races . I did a lot of pondering and me Richards Dad and Richard decided to do second race with no clutch as well. He came into pits on warm up lap. I was waiting along with many friends . Race started and we got Richard out as soon as pit lane exit light went green .,We got stuffed by safety car but he still got P2. This lad is special in all my years racing he is without doubt the best driver we have run . All my other cars finished and Team Delta had a special weekend . As I drove out of the paddock I looked back and sincerely hope this was not the last time racing at Pau.

Great story Iain.

I thought the first race might have been a sort of training exercise challenge - self imposed win from the back on a narrow street circuit.

The second one was difficult to work out anything from the timing info for the start of the race.

I would imagine that Pau is not the easiest place to drive one race without a clutch let alone two - for both driver and the car. Presumably gearbox overhaul now as well as part of the clutch service?
Old 27 May 2019, 03:49 (Ref:3906234)   #80
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Great story Iain.

I thought the first race might have been a sort of training exercise challenge - self imposed win from the back on a narrow street circuit.

The second one was difficult to work out anything from the timing info for the start of the race.

I would imagine that Pau is not the easiest place to drive one race without a clutch let alone two - for both driver and the car. Presumably gearbox overhaul now as well as part of the clutch service?
Yes GP. I put two new dog rings in after first race . Now will have full rebuild . BTW Max this lad has never had a moan at me once . But you are absolutely right .
Old 27 May 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3906275)   #81
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta tell us a bit more about the lad. What is his racing past and where is he aiming to head for the future.
Old 27 May 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3906295)   #82
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta's somewhere on the Autoroute. Richard has driving the winning LMP2 car at Le Mans in 2015 amongst his palmares.
Old 27 May 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3906305)   #83
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course "lad" is a relative term, with regards to the person telling the story ...

Old 27 May 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3906308)   #84
midgetman
Veteran

This'll be him then

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich...(racing_driver)

Old 27 May 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3906364)   #85
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
The one and only down side is he supports Arsenal . I’ve had a result . Rang Brittany ferries and I’ve got overnight ferry tonight . Happy sleeping .
Old 27 May 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3906377)   #86
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
The one and only down side is he supports Arsenal . I’ve had a result . Rang Brittany ferries and I’ve got overnight ferry tonight . Happy sleeping .

Cool.

I got rather wet at Mallory today - but not for long.

A slightly odd day but very relaxed for the spectators and there were quite a few parked up on the the outside of the circuit considered that the only races were for 2CVs (clearly a 'fan' following and I can sort of understand why), the Hyundai GTs (clearly a fan following and I can sort of understand why) and the late addition of various classes of Spridgets. (Very good racing value at Mallory).

Other than the rain squalls, a good day although the extended recovery after some incidents early in the last race (3rd 2CV outing) meant I had to depart before the very end. (Assuming anything restarted before the final noise curfew.)
Old 29 May 2019, 06:27 (Ref:3906667)   #87
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bauble asked for pictures, here are some I found:
http://racingcarmedia.com/index.php/...pau-reportage/
I do like the Elva 100 driven by John Arnold! Few more: https://www.google.com/search?rls=en...&bih=739&dpr=2