Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 28 Nov 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2590806)   #26
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR View Post
I think all that needed to be said has been said and it is time to move on !!
I hope so too! Racing is for the racetrack
Old 28 Nov 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2590815)   #27
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a chat with rory last night and his engine was stripped and found to be ok. Mine will be checked next week!
Old 28 Nov 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2590896)   #28
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athgoe Racing View Post
I had a chat with rory last night and his engine was stripped and found to be ok. Mine will be checked next week!
Good luck to you with that Neville. We certainly don't begrudge you 2nd place at the Festival after many years of bad luck. It was a pleasure to race with you there.

All the best

DM
Old 30 Nov 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2591950)   #29
Spongebob
Rookie

Spongebob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody no the final outcome with kris meeke? I heard that the subframe was 100grms under weight but when measured on two other scales it was over the minimum. By all accounts, the overall car was over the weight anyway.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2591993)   #30
patcar
Rookie

patcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually results are provisional, pending technical checks ...checked 3 times?? is there not a calibrated scales?
Old 30 Nov 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2591996)   #31
Spongebob
Rookie

Shame something as trivial as 0.1kg would have such an affect on a great drive. Speaking of great drives, i watched some of the in-car with alistair mccrae in d proton-awesome! Havin watched d wrc on dave all year it was refreshing to hear a throaty roar of a n/a car in the woods been driven on d door handles!
Old 30 Nov 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2592003)   #32
patcar
Rookie

patcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is a shame alright, that something as small as 0.1kg can cause doubt over a great drive, alot of this has been going on in motorsport recently.....both national and durtec fords have been in question if you've seen any reports in the mn lately.....haven't seen any footage of scottish rally....sounds great.....remember al in his early days, he's some driver(nissan days)!!
Old 1 Dec 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2592421)   #33
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!

In the past 24 hours, I have had to delete more posts from this forum that I have had to in the past 24 months.

It's a shame that some person or persons are intent in coming along and disrupting things.
Quote:
Wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
I don't want to stop genuine questions or polite discussions. Some posts I've deleted had decent points, but the manner of expression was totally disruptive.

So, final warning, if I see one more troll about, I'll ban everyone I think that may be involved in any concerted effort to disrupt proceedings. I apologise in advance if you get accidentally caught in the crossfire and will review any bans if I get a courteous response to them.

In the meantime, if someone does appear to stir things up - don't engage with them, it's not worth it, and it's all they want because they're attention seeking. Hit reported post, and leave it to me where I can obliterate them - I like having fun occasionally

For those that have engaged properly in discussions - thank you for demonstrating that it can happen.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2592469)   #34
Spongebob
Rookie

I think Asp, that the problem here is that you are trying to handle a very sensitive nerve. Yes i am a rookie but like a lot of other rookies on this thread i felt compelled to register. Whether we are fans of formula ford or competitors, we are passionate about our sport and nothing infuriates us more than cheating. I do understand from your latest post that some contributors to the forum are not conducting themselves very well, but like the forum, we have suffered with poor conduct in formula ford in the season past aswell and they should take your advice seriously. But it is an open forum and a medium that has been used to express opinions. I do promise however that any contribution i have will be factual. I, unlike others, am not in this to stir up anything other than facts.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2592491)   #35
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fact of the matter is that most drivers are disqualified from a race or two during their careers because thay fall foul of technical regulations and that probably goes for most of the F1 grid for the last 30 years. It doesn't mean that they are all deliberate cheats!!!

Last edited by Asp; 1 Dec 2009 at 22:21.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2592505)   #36
slevin
Rookie

slevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theres no need for "sour grapes" we are just trying to get this sorted for the good of the sport
Old 1 Dec 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2592543)   #37
FFfan
Racer

Final word on the subject although its all been said before including in Scott's official press release which is posted earlier in this thread.

Scott is not a cheat! He turned up and drove what he was given. The CDR team are not cheats. They used a part supplied to them in a good faith. Would they allow another renowed driver who has just been voted young Irish driver of the Year to use the same part in the Walter Hayes Trophy 2 weeks later if they thought it was illegal?

The carb that was ruled illegal was previously owned by another Irish driver. It was outside of tolerence by a miniscule amount but both driver and team accept you cannot have a grey area and agree with the exclusion as upsetting as it is. There is no proof that the reason it was outside of tolerence was a deliberate modification. It could have been caused by poor machining or wear & tear. But by its very nature it wouldn't have offered any advantage. In fact it most likely would have been a disadvantage, that's how stupid this is! But rules are rules and quite rightly have to be enforced.

It doesn't detract from the fact that Scott put in a brilliant performance in an unfamiliar car in his first season of racing. His first car race was March 2009. Why ostracise one young driver who has worked really hard to get where he is over something he couldn't possibly have had any control over? END OF!

Last edited by Asp; 1 Dec 2009 at 22:25.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2592555)   #38
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
Final word on the subject although its all been said before including in Scott's official press release which is posted earlier in this thread.
Quite.
If someone has a new issue to raise, start a new thread by all means.
But I sense we're going round in circles now in this one.