Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Feb 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2403400)   #1
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MotoGP returns to British Eurosport!

I was going to this in the 'Eurosport lose GP' thread but I thought this news deserves it's own.

MotoGP will return to British Eurosport, the 125 and 250 races will be shown live, with the MotoGP race being shown delayed later in the day.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...-announcement/

I expect they'll also being showing qualifying and free practice as well.

From what I have heard from someone in the industry, Toby Moody was the main driving force in getting MotoGP back on Eurosport.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2403445)   #2
Trox
Rookie

Trox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it turns out to be true and also they do get Toby, Julian and Randy back for it, I'd be quite happy to give the live coverage on BBC a swerve and wait for the Eurosport showing.

Not quite the full package, but about as close as it gets, and far better than nothing.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2403502)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic news. Steve and Charlie are no match for Eurosport's proven team, and having the 125s and 250s live rather than merely online and on the red button is a real boon. Hopefully similar 'terrestrial gets what they want, Eurosport keep the rest' deals can be struck throughout Europe.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2403892)   #4
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is great news. I would rather watch the MotoGP race delayed with Toby, Julian and Randy rather than live with the BBC bunch.....
Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2404604)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as the holy trinity remain as commentators. So have they listened to our endless complaining then? fu**ing Dorna tw**s finally woke up perhaps?
Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2404607)   #6
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wahoo! It's official:

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/M...age+ever+in+UK
Old 27 Feb 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2405433)   #7
Trox
Rookie

Trox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like we'll be getting two-thirds of the commentary team. There'll be no Randy Mamola acording to this:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/270220...en-motogp.html
Old 27 Feb 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2405453)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2/3 is better than 0/3 .. i'll probably wait to watch it recorded from British Eurosport ..

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Mar 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2429064)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear Toby back yesterday, lets hope Jules Ergotism clears up before round 1 and he can join him in the booth. James Haydens informative for sure, but really he should be out their riding still.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 18:37 (Ref:2429188)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, team managers might disagree with you there

Especially in these credit crunch times!!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2431731)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Anyone know if the Moto GP will be on European Eurosport now? Only I turned my spare dish to Astra 19 E and now have a digital Eurosport on Channnel 153.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2431736)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
as far as I know .. no .. for example the test day in Jerez wasn't on the international channel .. I'll probably end up getting an Eurosport Player subscription ..

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Apr 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2431753)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Thanks DF - is there much Motor Racing on that Eurosport channel then? Its nice its free! If I got a Eurosport player subscription I could ditch Sky... oh no theres Motors TV and ESPN Classic. Ah well...
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2431801)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
WSBK and WTCC mainly these days .. usually live

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2431807)   #15
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Excellant - its in my office and I work some Sundays!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2431811)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

BTW I have heard a nasty rumour Carlton Kirby is going to commentate on half of the British Eurosport Moto GPs. Havent seen anything confirmed yet though.
Old 8 Apr 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2437015)   #17
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
A bit of good news on the Eurosport front, British Eurosport 2 is now 16:9. The picture quality seems better then the main channel to me.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2439196)   #18
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
I'm afraid the Eurosport Player subscription doesn't get me British Eurosport (
anyway .. I downloaded the BBC coverage of the qualy and I can't even describe how awful it was . didn't last through it all .
I later downloaded the BEurosport2 version .. heaven ..
don't know how I'll get to watch the races live yet .. but I'm going to watch it again later in Moody style

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Apr 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2440049)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IS there any way you can download anything from Eurosport without paying the sub!! lol

Had to suffer awful pronunciation!! Horrendous
Old 14 Apr 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2440173)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
yes there is .. not legal though so i won't link

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Apr 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2442519)   #21
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
yes there is .. not legal though so i won't link
I bet I can guess it. It seems all motorsport fans now go to the same place underground to get their fix.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2448708)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Arghh Arghh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! That tool Kirby is doing the coverage... wheres Toby and Jules? Please please dont tell me they are'nt going to be the race commentators. Kirbys on the bad side of abysmal.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2448720)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
hope they're just on their way to Japan .. and couldn't do it :-S
i'm worried once again

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Apr 2009, 16:21 (Ref:2448722)   #24
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Because the Eurosport deal was sorted so late, Toby and Julian had made alternative plans (no idea what they are) which clash with some meetings, this being one of them.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2448728)   #25
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Arse biscuits!