Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Alexander Albon 16 38.10%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Apr 2022, 05:35 (Ref:4106074)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Australian Grand Prix 2022

Who gets your vote?
Old 10 Apr 2022, 06:34 (Ref:4106083)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Albon - held off until the last lap to change tyres, and picked up a point having started last.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 06:51 (Ref:4106087)   #3
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I gave it to George for carrying that piece of silver junk to the podium.
Leclerc was sublime, Great drive. Norris and Ricciardo did well.
Alonso was magic for much of it and Albon was fantastic carrying the Williams to a top ten. Tyre management supremo.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 07:02 (Ref:4106089)   #4
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charles Leclerc gets my vote.

Nice job by Daniel Riccardo.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 07:26 (Ref:4106093)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Leclerc for me but only j-u-s-t from Albon - took a bloody good drive for Williams strategy to work but work it did and bloody good drive it was.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 08:28 (Ref:4106102)   #6
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had to be Leclerc but wish I could have given a tied vote with Albon.The way he held off Ocon with an inferior car and much older tyres was excellent.So happy he got that point.To drop back to 11th would have been cruel.

Old 10 Apr 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4106113)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc, a measured performance.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4106130)   #8
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's plenty of times when I don't vote for the winning driver, on the basis that they have clearly the best car.
I don't forsee that happening much this season, though it was definitely the case in this race.
Therefore, my vote went to Albon.
An excellent drive in a bad car.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 13:36 (Ref:4106140)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Genuinely fascinated by what Albon was up to all race.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 15:30 (Ref:4106148)   #10
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Leclerc drove excellently, and defended well in the few real fighting opportunities there were. Checo did well to get the car home and was for once the lucky one. Not that sure it was anything he did, though.

Like has been said, hard to vote for someone who has the best gear and the best start who uses what he has got.

The Alpine looked decent. Was it really a podium worthy car? Alonso had everything collapse around him, so who knows?

But, someone who did do more than expected of him or the car was Albon. Alex gets my vote for driver of the day.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 16:18 (Ref:4106151)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Charles gets my vote this time but albon could have got my vote
Old 10 Apr 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4106157)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another vote for Albon here too. It wasn't just the way he made the strategy work, but how he stuck it down the middle in the post-pitstop battle with Ricciardo. A good racing attempt.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4106163)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Albon put in a Perez-like performance to grab a point. But I voted LeClerc for a great win.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 22:06 (Ref:4106206)   #14
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have loved to give it to George but he was very lucky with the safety car, though I suppose it was payback for everything going wrong when he deputised for Lewis.

Judged objectively, it could only be Charles Leclerc so that's the way I voted.

Respect to Alex Albon (and the Williams team strategist) though for doing 57 laps on the hard tyres and squeezing a point.
Old 11 Apr 2022, 02:12 (Ref:4106227)   #15
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charles, with kudos to Alex.
Old 11 Apr 2022, 06:53 (Ref:4106237)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Albon for a determined, clean race.
Old 11 Apr 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4106260)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc for me, unbeatable all weekend. Kudos to Albon and Russell too (yes, he was a tad lucky but he kept it together and kept Hamilton at bay with no difficulty).
Old 11 Apr 2022, 15:14 (Ref:4106328)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Another vote for Albon - realistically that Williams had no right scoring a point.

Excellent from LeClerc out front, honourable mentions for Russell, Hamilton, Norris.
Old 11 Apr 2022, 17:42 (Ref:4106352)   #19
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi.

Just kidding - Monsieur Leclerc. Perfection.