Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4110923)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz went off but rejoined the track in 11th and now Verstappen does similar, rejoining in 4th. Russell is 2nd.
Old 22 May 2022, 13:44 (Ref:4110925)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc slows right down. Race over.
Old 22 May 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4110927)   #28
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
relaibility of italian cars ...
Old 22 May 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4110929)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Perez gives up 1st place to Verstappen.
Old 22 May 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4110930)   #30
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dont know what happened after half way because i turned it off but first half of the race had some solid action.
Old 22 May 2022, 14:56 (Ref:4110931)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Max but I can't say I like Perez having to give up the lead, which gave Max the win. However, that's what has given Max the lead in the WDC over Leclerc.
Old 22 May 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4110932)   #32
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The swap was no different to Bottas letting Hamilton through at Silverstone last year. The move never looks good on screen, but Max was clearly the faster driver, even though he made the mistake that put him behind.
Max was so much quicker than Perez in the second half of the race that it made perfect sense, imho.

In the kindest possible way, Perez isn't going to be winning this championship. He just hasn't got the pace of Max or Charles.
Old 22 May 2022, 15:19 (Ref:4110934)   #33
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
The swap was no different to Bottas letting Hamilton through at Silverstone last year. The move never looks good on screen, but Max was clearly the faster driver, even though he made the mistake that put him behind.
Max was so much quicker than Perez in the second half of the race that it made perfect sense, imho.

In the kindest possible way, Perez isn't going to be winning this championship. He just hasn't got the pace of Max or Charles.

Yet Perez set the fastest lap of the race!
Old 22 May 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4110935)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

I didn't like it when Bottas let Hamilton through at Silverstone last year either but I know why these team decisions are made. As for Verstappen being quicker than Perez, Perez was on the radio to the team telling them to let him past Vertappen, so he could go after Russell.

Maybe Perez isn't going to win the championship and decisions like this will certainly be a hindrance, lack of race pace or not.
Old 22 May 2022, 16:04 (Ref:4110936)   #35
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just had the slightly odd experience of watching the race in the community room of a Dutch campsite - not surprisingly there were some very happy people!

A very bitty race with all the errors and multiple pit-stops, and annoying that Lewis had to give Sainz back 4th place to avoid "possible DNF", but well done to George for driving a ggod race, and congrats to Max and Checo for good teamwork.
Old 22 May 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4110943)   #36
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a scruffy race all round I thought
Old 22 May 2022, 18:35 (Ref:4110946)   #37
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I didn't like it when Bottas let Hamilton through at Silverstone last year either but I know why these team decisions are made. As for Verstappen being quicker than Perez, Perez was on the radio to the team telling them to let him past Vertappen, so he could go after Russell.
Agreed, the problem was that Perez never got within a second of Verstappen at that point. Max was pitted before he could slow Perez down. He asked to be let through but never showed he was faster consistently faster, unlike later in the race when Max was taking 1-1.5 seconds per lap out of Perez.

Quote:
Maybe Perez isn't going to win the championship and decisions like this will certainly be a hindrance, lack of race pace or not.
Agree with this too but it's always that balance point of these team order situations. We all saw how close last year's Championship was. This was a fairly regular team order. Perez has certainly upped his game this season but so has Max.

Last edited by Beau2; 22 May 2022 at 18:54.
Old 22 May 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4110951)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Agreed, the problem was that Perez never got within a second of Verstappen at that point. Max was pitted before he could slow Perez down. He asked to be let through but never showed he was faster consistently faster, unlike later in the race when Max was taking 1-1.5 seconds per lap out of Perez.
I can't remember exactly how far behind Verstappen Perez was but it looked like he could have quite easily got past Verstappen and he clearly thought he should have been allowed to.

Verstappen made his third stop and emerged 5 seconds behind Perez, so I'm not surprised if he was taking 1-1.5 seconds per lap out of Perez. Anyway it became academic once Perez pitted for the last time, which put him 13 seconds behind Verstappen. Perez still got fastest lap.

Quote:
Agree with this too but it's always that balance point of these team order situations. We all saw how close last year's Championship was. This was a fairly regular team order. Perez has certainly upped his game this season but so has Max.
Indeed, so maximise the number of points whenever you can.
Old 22 May 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4110958)   #39
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
So many teams having problems and adversity to overcome during that race - really was a case of who dealt with those various problems best. First half of the race really gave no opportunity to look away from the screen with so much happening.

Quite a change from the expectations of Barcelona - combination of the various team problems and the new cars meant we had a far more interesting race here than in recent years.
Old 23 May 2022, 07:30 (Ref:4110981)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fairly uninspiring stuff. Shame for Leclerc who was looking good until his car expired. The Max/Checo business was all very obvious. As was said on the commentary, if Checo wants to stay in F1, in what is clearly the best team at the moment, he does what he's told and makes sure Max wins and the team net all the points available. We don't like team orders but if we were team bosses we'd all do the same thing. What struck me was actually how easily Max won the race in the end. At times it was hard to follow on the highlights with chunks of the race missing. I was impressed by George - again. If Merc do get that car on a par with Ferrari and RB, it's going to be fun.....
Old 23 May 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4111016)   #41
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I really hate DRS passes. That chicane before the final corner needs to die a horrible horrible death. They have put back La Caixa to something like 70% of what it was and have bypassed that horrible hairpin and in my view, they need to alter that final chicane to something more flowing.
Old 23 May 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4111039)   #42
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I really hate DRS passes. That chicane before the final corner needs to die a horrible horrible death. They have put back La Caixa to something like 70% of what it was and have bypassed that horrible hairpin and in my view, they need to alter that final chicane to something more flowing.
The whole track can be binned off as far as I am concerned. But yes, the chicane at the end is the worse part of it.

This is a track that I would not mind losing if Liberty want to introduce a 7th USA GP on the yearly calendar.

I am surprised that Perez is making unhappy noises - I thought that he knew and very much accepted his #2 driver status in the team. He is driving well at the moment and has closed the gap to Verstappen this year, but is still very much in his shadow.

Last edited by steve_r; 23 May 2022 at 13:49.
Old 23 May 2022, 21:39 (Ref:4111092)   #43
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We don't like team orders but if we were team bosses we'd all do the same thing.

Therein lies the big problem.