Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Aug 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1384121)   #1
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phillip Island this week end

I see this weekend both F3 & F4000 on the same bill - I admit to not having followed the bun fight over the Gold Star so I'm interested to go down & see how they compare for fields & the quality of the racing.

Can anyone advise where I can access the entries for all classes this week end.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 03:00 (Ref:1384236)   #2
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's also the Australian Superbike Championship round being held at Winton this weekend for those of you who enjoy racing of the 2 wheeled variety.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1384259)   #3
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=cavvy]I see this weekend both F3 & F4000 on the same bill - I admit to not having followed the bun fight over the Gold Star so I'm interested to go down & see how they compare for fields & the quality of the racing.

Can anyone advise where I can access the entries for all classes this week end.[/QUOTE]

Entry list for Saloon Cars only go to http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=64239&page=2

For the other categories Email Judy - ellacott@bigpond.net.au
Old 17 Aug 2005, 06:47 (Ref:1384312)   #4
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ill be down at the Island working. Poking in and out to see whats happening around the place, and what developments are going on, and whats next for what categories.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1384691)   #5
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list for F3 online at www.formula3.com.au
Old 18 Aug 2005, 03:32 (Ref:1385235)   #6
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 33 SuperKarts entered this weekend, with national championship deciding battles in both classes racing. There are 21x 125ccRotaxMAX Non Gear Box SuperKarts with Victorian Darren Tyler enjoying a small lead over Matt Bryant (SA) and Daniel Bey (Vic) after the first round at the AMRS meeting at Mallala in April. Meanwhile the 80cc GearBox class makes a strong comeback with 12 entries, with the winner from this weekend taking home the class championship.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1386082)   #7
cavvy
Veteran

Thanks guys, I'll be there, wellies & all !!!!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1387333)   #8
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
What a Sunday, NO RAIN!!!

Alajajian-what are you doing.....buggered it up.

F4000-what are you doing, your series is buggered up. However, at Oran Park there is expected to be a 15-16 strong car grid. This weekend they were low on numbers due to people being unavalable and the time etc. But they have come together with a deal from Holden Motorsport, and the category, is said to start lifting its feet of the ground in the near future.

F3-good racing. Pity that some of the front runners went out, but what can you do.

GT production-woes and mistakes from his opposition left Hackett to claim the event.

Performance cars-a very skinny grid by their standards

Saloon Cars-fantastic

Superkarts-dangerous, but enthralling to watch them go roung turn 1 flat an inch of the ground with no protection...the 250cc Rotax which weren't there go round flat at T1 the same speeds as the F4000 do, a scary thought.

Some racing was bad, some racing was good. And the crowd figures, 50 odd strong.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1387337)   #9
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf

GT production-woes and mistakes from his opposition left Hackett to claim the event.

Nice summary I shall look foward to the television.

Just to clarify, it is Australian GT ( Sportscars) and Australian Production Car cahmpionship not performance.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1387345)   #10
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Nice summary I shall look foward to the television.

Just to clarify, it is Australian GT ( Sportscars) and Australian Production Car cahmpionship not performance.
yeh GT sportscars, my bad. im too general..

GT's were good. F4000 was dull, total domination from Hackett from start to finish.
F3's got some good action for TV and a biff and barge from saloon cars.

Actually the perfomance cars had only 2 cars, the toyota celica's of osborne and trever keene, thar were class B's. it was just as low as the f4000 grid, but with barely anyone starting at the same time it wqs dull until the last lap which almost saw the Celica win. Almost....
Old 21 Aug 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1387428)   #11
mitchie
Racer

Australia
mitchie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Actually the perfomance cars had only 2 cars, the toyota celica's of osborne and trever keene, thar were class B's. it was just as low as the f4000 grid, but with barely anyone starting at the same time it wqs dull until the last lap which almost saw the Celica win. Almost....
You are getting Performance Cars (nee GTP) and Production Cars mixed up, lad. Production was at Phillip Island this weekend, not Performance Cars.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 06:12 (Ref:1387996)   #12
cavvy
Veteran

I enjoyed all except F4000 which was just a procession.

Loved the Saloon Cars, Heinrich & Harvey and racing all through the field.
The boy Washington is a racer, did not let a stop/start penalty dampen the flame, a shame the Viper broke a axle after winning race 1.

Shame it was sooo cold - great show all round.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1388000)   #13
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
I enjoyed all except F4000 which was just a procession.

Loved the Saloon Cars, Heinrich & Harvey and racing all through the field.
The boy Washington is a racer, did not let a stop/start penalty dampen the flame, a shame the Viper broke a axle after winning race 1.

Shame it was sooo cold - great show all round.
Hows about those starts of Hacketts F4000 absolutely minimal wheelspin. But Ty Hanger has a trouble with this first gear due to mis-matched parts and then the race was over. As far as Mark Ellis goes, his tyres were shod to pieces and its not a true representation of the cars speed, when Stephen Borness drives it at Oran Park we will at least get a bearing of how competative the car is.

Yeh the Viper breakdown was a shame, really put a damper on the races. Im used to see Darcy run the Viper in Vic State Rounds so it was good to see him beat the Lambo and Bryce.

But argh that wind was a killer.