Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Feb 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3198731)   #101
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Shock horror! He wasn't........ wrong...... was he? (I can hardly bring myself to say it.......).

Actually, he wasn't wrong. Early speculation had WEC P2 at 20 if not more. Dagys said it would be closer to 10 than 20. Unless my math is bad, 12 is pretty close to 10.

He was the only American making a big fuss because he's pretty much the extent of the American media covering WEC.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3198747)   #102
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Actually, he wasn't wrong.

Well thank goodness for that! It could have been the end of civilisation as we know it!
Old 4 Feb 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3199091)   #103
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , if I had loads of cash , I would be following the circus around the world , talking to team members and stuff ..... doesnt mean I know everything . I take a pinch of salt with most things Dagys reports .
Old 4 Feb 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3199092)   #104
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , if I had loads of cash , I would be following the circus around the world , talking to team members and stuff ..... doesnt mean I know everything . I take a pinch of salt with most things Dagys reports .
Yep that is exactly what I would be doing. I'd just follow F1 and WEC all over the world (ALMS for 2013 also).

Although I get the impression that Dagys doesn't have loads of cash.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3199140)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm only sarcastic about it as we seem to have reached a point where everything he volunteers seems to be taken as gospel. Nuff said (from me, anyway).
Old 4 Feb 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3199153)   #106
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ayse, to be fair, I don't think he passes it off as fact, just what he hears. You're right, it's just us getting excited. There is John the reporter and John the fan. His reporting is very professional IMO. I'm glad he shares "the dirt". How many rumours do we all hear from folks in the paddock that don't happen? Probably half of what we hear is garbage but I would rather hear them and know what's possible than just wait for boring press releases once everything is official, just me.
We'd sure have a lot less to talk about here.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3199163)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sure, I understand, but as I've just said to someone in a PM, we hear loads of rumours, some turn out to be true, others not. Just putting the words 'Dagys says' before a rumour doesn't make it gospel as some appear to believe....
Old 4 Feb 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3199165)   #108
gregtummer
Veteran

I think we need to encourage him to get an account here. Bring in Hindy and Jeremy Shaw while we are at it.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3199167)   #109
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely Ayse. Also, often we hear rumours which are true and correct at the time but we all know know how fast things can change in racing. Look at Peugeot last year... speaking of which, I really hope Laurent from EI's tweet about Peugeot possibly returning has some merit and is related to P1.

Even the best connected sometimes get it wrong too, I don't recall anyone predicting the WEC fully subscribed for the the full season travel package. I wonder if any cars were turned away? We know they will allow one off wild cards entries at individual races.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3199177)   #110
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I think we need to encourage him to get an account here.....
He is already a 10Tenths member, has been for many years.

Old 4 Feb 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3199186)   #111
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post

Although I get the impression that Dagys doesn't have loads of cash.
Yeah I got that impression too. That limited budget dictates what he goes to and what he doesn't. I'm not sure if he still does team pr or no. From what I can see Grand Am seems to be no1 followed by WEC/ALMS but that's Speed paying his wage there so that would dictate priorities.

It may involve long days and a lot of travel but he's being paid to pursue his passion so he's a lucky guy, I'd love to be in his shoes.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3199195)   #112
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't believe people are actually bad talking one of a tiny handful of people who chooses to report on sportscars! Quite baffling to be honest.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3199220)   #113
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John Dagys does a good job of reporting on sports cars. I cannot recall when her published something as fact and had to retract it; he always labels rumors, and those are exactly that, stuff he has heard and is willing to share.

He works hard, he knows his stuff, he asks good questions at press conferences ... I am sure many a budding motorsports journalist could use Mr. Dagys as a role model.

Yeas, he has his own points of view. He is a human being. And we, as fanatics, read all his stuff so we quickly understand his points of view and can compensate for his enthusiasms.

Pretty sure no one could advance the idea and defend it reasonably, that we'd be better off without him.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3199229)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough - I'll leave off - I thought I'd made a minor point but it seems our fervour for information of any sort overrides most else. I shall mention it no more.....
Old 4 Feb 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3199261)   #115
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, Ayse ... I get a little worked up because I think being a sports car reporter and actually doing it well and making a living at it is pretty hard. I agree with your premise (if I understand it) that Mr. Dagys is not an infallible font of inside information.

"John Dagys said ..." should not become a trope in commercials seeking to impress viewers with the correctness of the source. He reports rumors, and his enthusiasms sometiems distort his point of view.

I get over-excited because frankly, i wish I had his job and could do it as well as he does. My jealousy pollutes my thinking.

back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3199294)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, to be fair, don't we all! The truth really is out - I'm just jealous too!
Old 5 Feb 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3199425)   #117
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yeah I got that impression too. That limited budget dictates what he goes to and what he doesn't. I'm not sure if he still does team pr or no. From what I can see Grand Am seems to be no1 followed by WEC/ALMS but that's Speed paying his wage there so that would dictate priorities.

It may involve long days and a lot of travel but he's being paid to pursue his passion so he's a lucky guy, I'd love to be in his shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Can't believe people are actually bad talking one of a tiny handful of people who chooses to report on sportscars! Quite baffling to be honest.
Agreed.

I've always held John in the highest regard. As someone else has already highlighted, he's making a living in arguably one of the most barren (as far as demand for paid, independent work is concerned) media landscapes out there, and he's managed to retain credibility in the process.

I can't recall anything speculative he's covered being labelled otherwise - he usually highlights it explicitly as such.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3200203)   #118
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
He is already a 10Tenths member, has been for many years.

Whats his handle ?
Old 6 Feb 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3200254)   #119
gregtummer
Veteran

Quote:
Whats his handle ?
I don't know, but if he was a regular poster on here, he'd get nothing done!

We'd keep pestering him with questions all day and night!
Old 6 Feb 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3200275)   #120
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
19dodge was his alias elsewhere back in the day before he became a reporter, try looking for that.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3200580)   #121
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Whats his handle ?
19dodge.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3200725)   #122
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well , one very sickening thing is 19 Nissan engines !!! ..... Oh , and an Oreca 03/Nissan will win the championship .
Nah, Starworks.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3200833)   #123
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Autosport are suggesting that the Chinese KCMG Morgan LMP2 for Le Mans may debut at Silverstone
Old 8 Feb 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3201155)   #124
The Badger
Veteran

Possibily crewed by OAK personal ?

Looking forward to this entry ..... new sponsors , new drivers ..... hopefully they will do well and drum up some more interest from China .

What car manufacturers is China involved with ?
Old 8 Feb 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3201477)   #125
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Autosport are suggesting that the Chinese KCMG Morgan LMP2 for Le Mans may debut at Silverstone
Sensible to dip a toe in the water early in close proximity to factory support. What's intriguing is whether you run it on Saturday in the ELMS round or Sunday for the WEC?