Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jul 2004, 00:31 (Ref:1026249)   #1
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Konica Minolta QR

Well done to local Sunshine Coast kid Kurt Wimmer, for his first V8 Supercar win in race two at Queensland Raceway. Fantastic effort concidering it is still only his fifth time in the car. I think he showed great maturity to fend off WW for most of the race. Well done. In fact I think the racing in all three races was better to watch than the main series.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 01:11 (Ref:1026262)   #2
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spoke to Kurt this morning, I think the realisation that he has won his first race has finally sunk in.. To say he is bouyed by the result is an understatement and I think good things are ahead, and yes the mature job we did under extreme pressure from WW was outstanding. Looking forward to trackside next Sunday. Maybe HRT might have a look at his consistant lap times even under pressure. Nice to see him on the mountain.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 06:32 (Ref:1028798)   #3
fordlover
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, AUstralia
fordlover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he did race well on saturday, congrats to kurt.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1028888)   #4
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the kid is talented enough to go places. What he needs now is a sponsor to get behind him.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1029217)   #5
davesfalcon
Rookie

davesfalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
djr boys did well 2 keep up the good work
Old 7 Jul 2004, 23:15 (Ref:1029727)   #6
EMR39

Lets not forget Lee Holdsworth. What a top job he's done since joining the series this year.

Old 8 Jul 2004, 01:41 (Ref:1029776)   #7
Racer Dude
Rookie

Racer Dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what is great about the Konica series, plenty of new race winners this year and podium getters! Well done Lee Holdsworth and the smith trucks team on getting on the podium, especially when they are up against the level one teams!

On that, has a non-level one team won a round? Oh yeah, Gurr early this year at Wakefield (smith Trucks again) They would have to be the best non level one team out there I reckon.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 07:42 (Ref:1031020)   #8
pete55
Veteran

What chance Kurt Wimmer getting a drive at Bathurst in the 1000. If HYL start a car i'm going for Kurt to get one of the seats and perhaps Rob Nguyen the other.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1031208)   #9
Also a Believer
Veteran

I guess the decision to start a HYL car in the 1000 will be made shortly, would be a shame if it does not happen as it will be the first time for awhile that they will not have an entry.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1031213)   #10
pete55
Veteran

There should be a couple of VY's around that they could use. The franchise and funding would be all that is needed.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 11:57 (Ref:1031216)   #11
Also a Believer
Veteran

And the funding is obviously the stumbling block, else the deal would have been announced.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1031258)   #12
pete55
Veteran

I don't think it is necessary to announce it yet. It's not that urgent.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1031267)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And more chance of a signed steerer being gazumped, in the true meaning of the word
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Jul 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1031274)   #14
Also a Believer
Veteran

With ya GTR
Old 11 Jul 2004, 05:08 (Ref:1032822)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Significant noise out of Queensland suggests that a certain team sponsored by a former PROCAR backer, may not be attending the Mallala/Bathurst 25 lapper with that car due to the sponsor's need to call in the beanies to run the show.

Not good news in the end, the company concerned has had a couple of savours/lifelines.... while the team runs had-to-mouth....
Old 11 Jul 2004, 05:41 (Ref:1032827)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Just watched the QR Minolta round.

certainly was a fair bit of paint swapping going on , an interesting round in terms of champioship points with Luke Youlden having a bad weekend allowing Jones and Kelly to catch up a bit.

Mallala should be pretty exciting I think
Old 11 Jul 2004, 05:50 (Ref:1032832)   #17
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Significant noise out of Queensland suggests that a certain team sponsored by a former PROCAR backer, may not be attending the Mallala/Bathurst 25 lapper with that car due to the sponsor's need to call in the beanies to run the show.

Not good news in the end, the company concerned has had a couple of savours/lifelines.... while the team runs had-to-mouth....
Are you sure the real reason is the funding GTR???
Old 11 Jul 2004, 07:07 (Ref:1032843)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Century Batteries has had the beanies brought in to manage that operation, they have most of the signage on the car in question, and are unlikely to be able to fulfil that commitment in the immediate future....

And other noise of disharmony in that area cant be helping things either
Old 11 Jul 2004, 12:10 (Ref:1032979)   #19
Also a Believer
Veteran

Well after watching trackside today I am totally ****ed, Kurt Wimmer wins his first ever race and the channel 10 good guys dont even warrant more than 30 seconds of coverage in the whole race. And by the way KURT to quote you personally it WAS bloody fantastic.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:17 (Ref:1033670)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I too watched the coverage yesterday and when WW was quite obviously shoved off the track from behind, the commentators said that he looked like he got himself into difficultiy, and the others just followed him off the track!? WTF?

Then in race 2 he started 6th, stormed through to second and chased young Wimmer all the way home. At the end of the race the commentators announced the 1st, 3rd and 4th place finishers and then interviewed 1st and 3rd. What the Hell is going on there?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:26 (Ref:1033674)   #21
Racer Dude
Rookie

Racer Dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, just watched the coverage, plenty of action!

Hopefully alex yoong gets all together before going to mountain. Seemed to have a few moments during all the races! Maybe WW could be a better applicant for Yoongs Bathurst team.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:28 (Ref:1033720)   #22
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately, Wayne can only dream of having access to the funding that Alex Yoong could bring to the team.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:32 (Ref:1033726)   #23
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex, had a few moments in race 3, trying too hard. He is suitably chastened and will not do again.

David, in regards funding that Alex has they're aint none mate. WPS have seen the marketing benefit of having someone of his profile in the series and their team. If they derive any funding from this its all their own work.

Sorry to shatter that myth

Last edited by Ross Cadell; 12 Jul 2004 at 06:35.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:36 (Ref:1033730)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
No Ross, just talking about his Konica seat. I'm sure Mr Beikoff isn't giving him a free ride.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:38 (Ref:1033733)   #25
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would be suprise at what Shane did for us. Alex and I owe him a very big debt of gratitude and I still owe him a not insignificant debt for car damage at EC.

Alex wanted race experience and that is exactly what he got, exploring his and the cars limitations.