Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3820858)   #1
ibsey
Rookie

ibsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Salut Gilles

I searched and couldn't find a specific topic and apologies to the mods if I have missed one.

36 years today F1 lost perhaps the fastest and definitely the most free spirited to ever drive the wheels off a racing car.

Salut Gilles.
Old 8 May 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3820864)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lots of threads in the Tributes subforum, the last of which however was surprisingly last posted in 5 years ago.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=gilles
Old 10 May 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3821173)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Would be nice if someone could change the title of the thread, and at least spell Gilles name right.

Sad loss, he was a wonderful character and driver!
Old 10 May 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3821292)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
One who had it in him to be champion, just needed the right car, which he seldom got. Always one to watch was Gilles
Old 10 May 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3821326)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I know it’s heresy for Roebuck and others, but I wonder if Gilles had the discipline to win a 16-round championship. Every corner was the last corner of the race, and he drove accordingly. If disaster hadn’t hung low over Maranello in 1982, I think Pironi would have edged it.
Old 10 May 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3821328)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Would be nice if someone could change the title of the thread, and at least spell Gilles name right.

Sad loss, he was a wonderful character and driver!
I'm not a mod here so can't edit it, but I'll ask one of the F1 mods to do it. The thread is likely to move to Tributes in due course.
Old 10 May 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3821395)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I know it’s heresy for Roebuck and others, but I wonder if Gilles had the discipline to win a 16-round championship. Every corner was the last corner of the race, and he drove accordingly. If disaster hadn’t hung low over Maranello in 1982, I think Pironi would have edged it.

Perhaps you are forgetting Jarama 81 for starters
Old 11 May 2018, 00:45 (Ref:3821416)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks to mods for title edit!

Richard
Old 25 May 2018, 05:32 (Ref:3824503)   #9
ibsey
Rookie

ibsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Perhaps you are forgetting Jarama 81 for starters
Or Monaco 81, he allowed Jones through early on to save his brakes.
Old 25 May 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3824549)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
Or Monaco 81, he allowed Jones through early on to save his brakes.

Yes, that’s right and it meant he could attack back later when Jones’ car faltered
Old 31 May 2018, 07:26 (Ref:3825804)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could never understand why Pironi was so blamed, and not Jochen Mass.