Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 May 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2213690)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
No, I don't want rain - any rain. I saw enough of that last year to last me quite a while.....
I would be quite happy with dry all week aswell, I looked stupid wearing/carrying a rain jacket around all the time.
Old 28 May 2008, 13:01 (Ref:2213891)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My trademark white and blue hat got drenched on Friday so I wasn't able to wear it again during the whole of the weekend - now that's a disaster!
Old 28 May 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2213913)   #28
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clear skies and warm days and nights is all I ask for.
Old 28 May 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2213923)   #29
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Amen

I saw floating tents last year !!! Enough of that ..... as Ayse said .
Old 29 May 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2214559)   #30
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Accuweather -
Wednesday 11th night - rain (on the d11-15 window)
so that'll be me banned too

pfft - far too early for believing these forecasts.
Old 29 May 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2214563)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They cant even get tomorrow right ..... they said that we would have a sunny 28 degrees today ..... we got the temp but its couldy .....

Best job in the world , spend years at collage with a government grant , come out get a job on TV , make loads of cash and get it all wrong !!!

Only one word for them !!!
Old 29 May 2008, 11:36 (Ref:2214566)   #32
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
I would be quite happy with dry all week aswell, I looked stupid wearing/carrying a rain jacket around all the time.
especially when you always put it with shorts!

Raincoat + Shorts = Wardrobe error!
Old 29 May 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2214598)   #33
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it is warm but raining, the short trouser is sometimes more practical than a pair of soggy 'longs'.
Old 29 May 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2214606)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Accuweather -
Wednesday 11th night - rain (on the d11-15 window)
so that'll be me banned too

pfft - far too early for believing these forecasts.
I won't be there by Wednesday - someone else can ban you.........
Old 29 May 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2214792)   #35
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Short trouser yes but above the knee is when you know your father is embarasing you!
Old 29 May 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2214853)   #36
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And you know he's wearing socks with open toe sandals too!
Old 29 May 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2214857)   #37
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
I thought all sandels were open toe, and anyway in fashion its better to set the trend than follow it, plus last year I did not have any dry socks after thursday anyway.
Old 29 May 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2214858)   #38
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel
I thought all sandels were open toe, and anyway in fashion its better to set the trend than follow it, plus last year I did not have any dry socks after thursday anyway.
Sorry that was me (GT6) not my daughter.
Old 29 May 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2214862)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now now, no sharing accounts you two!!
Old 29 May 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2214867)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Auto sign ins are a pain, but back in as me now.

Ayse noticed you post about the chinese on the mulsanne, in trackside, last year we managed to see some cars through the barriers and but not realy much point going there now, I do remember leaning on the armco trying to focus on cars flashing past at unbelievable speeds, a real shame we can't let other experience the sheer speed and noise we were lucky enough to be able to enjoy.
Old 30 May 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2215122)   #41
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Short trouser yes but above the knee is when you know your father is embarasing you!
Are you suggesting that my short shorts and grey socks embarrass my children?

I also have a supply of freshly-knotted handkerchiefs at the ready
Old 30 May 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2215123)   #42
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
I say nothing, wear what you want just don't expect your children to be anywhere near you unless they want something!!

"Daddy..........."
Old 30 May 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2215131)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux

I also have a supply of freshly-knotted handkerchiefs at the ready

Ah, so you're Mr. Gumby!
Old 30 May 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2215132)   #44
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I say nothing, wear what you want just don't expect your children to be anywhere near you unless they want something!!

"Daddy..........."
Yes, I know!

1998, Saturday morning, boasting of how quickly he's reached LM overnight from Calais. Sunday evening, about to depart and very loud noises from the engine. Quick learning curve: engines take exception to being run without oil! He'd forgotten to check the oil level and a new oil pump was now needed - fortunately no bearing damage.

Result? Two sons camping in the back garden of the Peugeot dealer in Ruaudin whilst he fitted a new pump. Three days later they returned and my wallet was somewhat thinner.....

By the way, I was only joking about the knotted handkerchief - I wear a broad-brimmed hat - but the shorts and socks are true!
Old 30 May 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2215180)   #45
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Just saw the weather prediction for this weekend on meteo-france : Damn.. have to bring an umbrella with me this weekend, thunderstorms for sunday. rain intervals for saturday.
Old 30 May 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2215193)   #46
The Badger
Veteran

Lets get that crap outta the way before the race . I feel full of dread .
Old 30 May 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2215246)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is Metcheck's take on the weather for the next 2 weeks (click on 'next 7days' towards the bottom of each page and it'll take you up to 14th June at present).
Old 30 May 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2215320)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Believe me, they're lying........
Old 30 May 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2215337)   #49
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Believe me, they're lying........
Absolutely, this years edition being wet is as likely as the #26 Radical winning from pole....trust me!
Old 30 May 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2215345)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's a relief............