Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Sep 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1713271)   #1
Barry Boor
Rookie

Barry Boor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger Nathan autobiography

In case anyone has missed the news, the autobiography of 1960s sports car driver Roger Nathan, written in conjunction with Swiss gentleman racer Stephane Gutzwiller, is now available.

It retails at £30 - in soft cover form, and if anyone is interested, please contact me and I will put you in touch with the man himself.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1713312)   #2
EliSolomon
Rookie

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
EliSolomon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger Nathan an Adventurous Life - Costin Nathan Story

I'd be very interested in obtaining a copy.

Appears only WH Smith has this on forward order.

Roger Nathan an Adventurous Life The Costin Nathan Story
by Nathan and Stephanie Gutzwiller
Paperback; 172 pages
ISBN: 095539340X

Eli Solomon
Hong Kong
eliyahu@netvigator.com
Old 19 Sep 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1713623)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder if he will give me a mention
Old 19 Sep 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1714172)   #4
Barry Boor
Rookie

Barry Boor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eli, are you going to wait for W.H. Smiths or would you like to contact R.N. himself?

If so, send me a message and I will connect you with him. By the way, it's STEPHANE (male) not Stephanie....

Al, I'm not sure if you are in the book, but I'm pretty certain he mentioned you when we were discussing his racing career.

If you would like to make contact, he operates 'North Wales 4x4' in the town of Glan Conway, Gwynedd; 01492 576868.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1714397)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I was only kidding Barrie I would not have expected him to even remember me (mind you once met I am hard to forget!) as I worked mostly on the Imp conversion stuff and engine building and a bit of the GT's although I did do a number sorting out the Imp for Leanna Engleman to wreck at Lydden Hill (oops!), I bet he has'nt forgot her, who could in a tight fitting race suit. I kinda think he blamed me for leaving an oil pipe union loose on the BWM GT after we worked all night on it before the race which caused a wrecked engine at Crystal Palace on its debut and although I would not say so at the time because of my nature you can tell him it was not me but little Davy and Davy knew it as well. :-)

I googled his site for the 4 x 4 sales and there is some good old photos and information on the cars if any one else wanst to take a look, some good memories there. Hey does he mention Paul Hawkins who was based in the same building in Muswell Hill, I don't think they got on that well but who could not have been bought to tears on the Monday morning when we found out the big guy had met his death at Oulton Park, I loved the guy he was such a character and it effected us all real bad at the time.