Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Sep 2016, 02:08 (Ref:3670659)   #351
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How would it be viewed if the AFL or NRL begun to contract athletes and then place them with teams?
*cough* Jarryd Hayne *cough*

Quote:
Doesn't the ARU do this with players?
And aren't the ARU travelling well....

Quote:
Its fine anyway, because its nothing to do with you or any posters, wont change our opinion no matter what happens. Its between v8 supercars and the teams to sort out
Why should that exclude people from discussing it? Why do you need the motivation of changing anyone's opinion to discuss things here? Quite an odd thing to say.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 02:13 (Ref:3670660)   #352
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are Sengled products available in Harvey Norman? Fantastic opportunity for them if they aren't already.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 03:56 (Ref:3670673)   #353
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The real question we should ask is why Simona, hardly set the world on fire in the racing she has done, won nothing of any note or at leats for a long time
Its fine anyway, because its nothing to do with you or any posters, wont change Warbo's opinion no matter what happens. Its between v8 supercars and the teams to sort out
Old 7 Sep 2016, 04:03 (Ref:3670674)   #354
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
While I'm not a follower of either code, I believe things like this do happen in football codes. Marquee player contracts?

FFA was heavily involved in getting Tim Cahill back to Australia, independent of Melbourne City.
Marquee signings in A - League are funded and contracts held with the clubs are they not?
Old 7 Sep 2016, 04:37 (Ref:3670676)   #355
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Its fine anyway, because its nothing to do with you or any posters, wont change Warbo's opinion no matter what happens. Its between v8 supercars and the teams to sort out
Firstly, good job on taking me out of context, well done!

Secondly but this is about me/us, we are watchers and this has a direct impact on our viewing of the series.

Hopefully you can see the difference

Can i assume you dont have an opinion on her abilities and are more than happy for someone of her skill to have a ride.

Last edited by peckstar; 7 Sep 2016 at 04:56.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 04:41 (Ref:3670677)   #356
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Marquee signings in A - League are funded and contracts held with the clubs are they not?
Tim Cahill isnt, special money put in in FFA to make it happen

Why Tim Cahill will be a hit

Quote:
No wonder the FFA has now set special funds aside to assist clubs to sign big name marquees.
AFL are also funding womens AFL teams

Just acknowledge the point that it happens in other sports as well, discussion would be much easier, instead of you trying to dig yourself out of a hole

Last edited by peckstar; 7 Sep 2016 at 04:46.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 05:21 (Ref:3670683)   #357
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reading the comments here lots of people are fans of her driving:
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/simona...-ti-1786275279
Old 7 Sep 2016, 05:29 (Ref:3670684)   #358
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that Peckstar. I wasnt aware that FFA was tipping money into Cahill or those type of players. Some very close parallels to V8SA no doubt.

In terms of AFL - they are funding a pathway for women's football as opposed to cherry picking certain players.

If V8SC were funding a women in motorsport academy or similar - such as Leanne Tander has suggested I can not see anyone having any issue with that.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3670685)   #359
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Thanks for that Peckstar. I wasnt aware that FFA was tipping money into Cahill or those type of players. Some very close parallels to V8SA no doubt.

In terms of AFL - they are funding a pathway for women's football as opposed to cherry picking certain players.

If V8SC were funding a women in motorsport academy or similar - such as Leanne Tander has suggested I can not see anyone having any issue with that.
You are confusing the role of CAMS with the role of V8 supercars. Its CAMS job to create a pathway for women.

V8 supercars have created a position within what they control.

and yes people would have a problem, see F4 and the negativity about thats Series in Australia
Old 7 Sep 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3670688)   #360
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
You are confusing the role of CAMS with the role of V8 supercars. Its CAMS job to create a pathway for women.

V8 supercars have created a position within what they control.
I am not suggesting it isnt CAMS role nor is it the responsibility of V8SC. I am providing an example of how the AFL example you used translates to V8SC - very different.

Quote:
and yes people would have a problem, see F4 and the negativity about thats Series in Australia
To be fair - I dont see any criticism about CAMS developing a pathway with F4, more how it was brought in and functions with other categories.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3670699)   #361
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I am not suggesting it isnt CAMS role nor is it the responsibility of V8SC. I am providing an example of how the AFL example you used translates to V8SC - very different.
AFL however is the equivalent to CAMS, V8 supercars is not.

Thus it will be different and they cant fairly be compared
Old 7 Sep 2016, 08:51 (Ref:3670707)   #362
D.R.T.
Veteran

Very much agree Peckstar. I found it strange though as you were using it as a comparison

Quote:
AFL are also funding womens AFL teams
Old 7 Sep 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3670717)   #363
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Very much agree Peckstar. I found it strange though as you were using it as a comparison
you brought up the comparison
Old 10 Sep 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3671401)   #364
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So.. if a certain supercar team, one who might have recently discovered a removal of manufacturer support, were to take on next year say, category management of a one-make series of a brand they already support & operate car(s) for in GT3, is it beyond the realms of possibility to see a Supercar Gen3-spec Panamera in the series from 2018?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Sep 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3671402)   #365
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Walkinshaw to take over management of Porsche Carrera Cup then?

Cost to build a Panamera for V8Supercar competition has to be the stiff end of multiple million dollars. Including an engine not impossible you could spend $10m for 2 years.

Porsche has the resources, no doubt about it - but given they have GT3 cars ready to go I am not sure I can see any sense in it.

Also: Winton signs a new deal for 2017 and beyond:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/09/10/...ercars-future/

Quote:
The rural Victorian circuit’s future on the Supercars bill had been placed in doubt amid concerns over funding, which saw owners Benalla Auto Club recently lobby for assistance from the Victorian Government. However, the Benalla Auto Club has now confirmed a new deal has been struck, with the agreement to extend until 2019 subject to funding. The latest contract will see Supercars and the Victorian Government assist in the promotion of next year’s event, which will be held from May 19-21.
Can the conspiracy theories die now?

Quote:
“Supercars CEO James Warburton was also instrumental in orchestrating an agreement that was mutually beneficial for all parties, and we thank him for his support.”
Old 13 Sep 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3672056)   #366
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sit Down With Simona

The enthusiasm looks very real..
Old 13 Sep 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3672089)   #367
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The enthusiasm looks very real..
That is a real racer right there.

Very likeable too, am very much looking forward to her being around next year.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 22:24 (Ref:3672240)   #368
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
De Silvestro Team For 2017 Not Chosen...Yet
Old 14 Sep 2016, 02:06 (Ref:3672252)   #369
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Glendinning usually gets his facts right but...

"de Silvestro will become just the third "outsider" to race in the series in a decade – and neither of the previous two are still there (although Premat has a co-driver deal for the endurance races)"

Engel, Dahlgren, Premat, Wilson make de Silvestro the 5th (I assume he means full season entrants)?

Last edited by Axeman444; 14 Sep 2016 at 02:12.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 22:55 (Ref:3672423)   #370
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Surely they wouldn't stream a 'NO'
Old 14 Sep 2016, 23:03 (Ref:3672427)   #371
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Surely they wouldn't stream a 'NO'
agreed

they wouldnt advertise a no surely

Will there be 6 Nissans on the grid in 2017?
Old 14 Sep 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3672430)   #372
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Todd to retire in favour of Simona?
Old 14 Sep 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3672431)   #373
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Todd to retire in favour of Simona?
There are loads of possibilities here... not too many of them are linked to commercial sponsorship unfortunately...
Old 14 Sep 2016, 23:29 (Ref:3672432)   #374
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was my thinking as well, Todd to retire and maybe drive in the enduros?

Nissan line up for 2017-
Rick Kelly,
James Courtney,
Simona,
Caruso.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 01:16 (Ref:3672449)   #375
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NISSAN STAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!