Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Nov 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3940595)   #151
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lorenzo has made the right decision, just a shame we had to see him retire in decline. I really hope he goes out this weekend in a ride more fitting of him at his best
Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3940743)   #152
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
3 championships, 3 runner-ups, 47 wins, defeated Rossi and Márquez. Lorenzo is one of the greatest ever.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3940786)   #153
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Cal deserves it but somehow I can't see that happening, I guess his age might against him. Takagami would suit Honda.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 00:13 (Ref:3940853)   #154
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Lorenzo has made the right decision, just a shame we had to see him retire in decline. I really hope he goes out this weekend in a ride more fitting of him at his best

Interesting piece here:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...f112494f69f1df

Just too many injuries apparently.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3940974)   #155
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Can Fabio do it ? I hope that all the main contenders survive the first lap then we should be in for a good race. No doubt MM will do his very best for a home victory but it's very close with Maverick and Jack also up the front. I would have liked to have popped up for this but I am in the UK at the moment enjoying the cold & rain
I can't see Jorge going out in a blaze of glory though
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Nov 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3941065)   #156
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's rather cold in Valencia too .. but you'd miss the rain

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Nov 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3941076)   #157
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This is Fabio's big chance, hope he does it
Old 17 Nov 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3941121)   #158
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Oh well MM does it again, I suppose he had to !
Funny situation with Jorge it's a pity that he rode at all really as he didn't exactly go out in a blaze of glory
As for the works Yamaha Team WTF
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Nov 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3941217)   #159
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Oh well MM does it again, I suppose he had to !
Funny situation with Jorge it's a pity that he rode at all really as he didn't exactly go out in a blaze of glory
As for the works Yamaha Team WTF
Yeah, the works Yams are once again left nowhere - very puzzling, it makes bad PR for Vally in particular although the works Ducatis aren't exactly leading by example either. Sad to see Cal take a tumble again but personally I'm very pleased for Lorenzo announcing his retirement, he looked genuinely relieved to be quitting. As for MM he's just amazing, every win looks likes his first from his grin!
One thing the tv never conveys is the choking stink from the those burn outs at the end, you need to be trackside to experience it.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 05:59 (Ref:3941548)   #160
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's A M now in the Honda hot seat.
Looking forward to 2020.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3941587)   #161
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could not be more put off by this.

AM has had countless chances on the best bike in Moto2, done very little with them until this year and I feel Dorna have wanted this for a very long time.

He was trounced by Zarco, Morbidelli, Bagnaia, Rabat, Binder at times, and may others.

Just a rather predictable move, and to be honest right now MotoGP is so boring and predictable I have not watched the last few races, and I am not really looking forward to another dull 2020.

If you like Marquez fair enough, but they and Dorna are ramming it down your throat
Old 19 Nov 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3941644)   #162
S griffin
Veteran

Shame Fabio couldn't hold off Marquez, but he's just been too good this season.

Lorenzo might as well as parked it. It was hardly fitting of a champion to go out like that. Still nice to see his old sponsor back.

Shame for Zarco with that incident, just glad he is ok

I'll reserve judgement on Marquez Jr till the season starts
Old 20 Nov 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3941698)   #163
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Yes it will be "interesting" to see how he performs next to his brother. I would think that he will do a fare bit of testing and hopefully get up to speed, however I can't see him eclipsing Marc. Obviously MM had a fair bit in saying who was going to take Jorge's ride, although who was out of contract and could have slotted in ?
The Marquez brothers often come down to my neck of the woods in Spain to chill out from the MotoGP circus and go into a local bar, maybe I can give Alex a few pointers
Old 20 Nov 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3941724)   #164
S griffin
Veteran

Both have already crashed in the same session. So they are already equal!
Old 20 Nov 2019, 20:43 (Ref:3941829)   #165
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Why would anyone complain about the current Moto2 champion getting a MotoGP factory ride? Come on!
Old 21 Nov 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3941916)   #166
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not complaining .. but direct to Repsol Factory ride? .. after 4 years or so getting beaten in Moto2 on top rides
We'll see how he'll do but don't think it will be a challenge for MM unless he fakes it, unlikely possible.
Although i don't like the Honda Repson Team, was hoping for Zarco(whom I support) or maybe Cal getting a chance.

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Nov 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3942026)   #167
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
I'm not complaining .. but direct to Repsol Factory ride? .. after 4 years or so getting beaten in Moto2 on top rides
We'll see how he'll do but don't think it will be a challenge for MM unless he fakes it, unlikely possible.
Although i don't like the Honda Repson Team, was hoping for Zarco(whom I support) or maybe Cal getting a chance.
I don't think that Marquez has much of a margin to fake anything, the opposition are very close, and if you see how Marquez's bike was dancing on the limit in Valencia, Alex is going to have to be damned good to beat Quartararo with the Honda. I think the rest of the Honda riders have shown just how difficult it is to be competitive on it. Magic Marc is really special, the Honda not so much.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3942041)   #168
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow admits the 2020 prototype RC213V he tested in the post-Valencia MotoGP test is no easier to ride currently than its much-criticised predecessor.
Crutchlow was very vocal about the '19 RC213V's difficulty in turning all through this year, with the LCR rider only managing three podiums in 19 races having won a race in '18.
Marc Marquez has been the only rider to extract consistent frontrunning performance from the bike on his way to the '19 MotoGP title.
Having spent the two days in Valencia comparing the '19 and '20 bikes, Crutchlow says steps have been made "in some areas", but the bike is still incredibly difficult to ride.

"We have to be positive with the bike that they brought us, we have to be positive that they made a step in some areas," Crutchlow, who was fourth in the test, said.
"I feel a little bit more comfortable and confident on the bike, but as far as the bike is concerned with regards to it being easier to ride, it is not.
"We need to still improve that over the winter and hopefully they can.

"On a general feeling, I managed to go faster than I did all weekend and this has to be a positive thing on a bike that's solely done two days here in Valencia.
"I didn't try my race weekend bike today [Wednesday] particularly.
"I did one run at the end of the day and I am sure I could have gone faster with that as well, but the information is what we need is the 2020 bike."
Marquez - who was seventh at the end of testing - echoed Crutchlow's comments on the rideability of the '20 bike, adding: "The character [of the bike] is more or less similar.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 00:40 (Ref:3942051)   #169
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Tuesday PM test times (click to enlarge)
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot (337).png   Screenshot (336).png  

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 22 Nov 2019 at 00:45.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3942140)   #170
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Thanks for the updates Gordon. It's going to fascinating to see whether they can adapt the Honda over the winter but at the moment it doesn't sound too positive. Personally I hope the other teams continue to improve, at least we'll have a challenge for the other podium places given that MM will no doubt dominate again next year.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3942165)   #171
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Yes it is interesting to see, but times on a new bike don't actually mean an awful lot. I have been to a few test days over the years and most of it consists of the riders sitting about for ages while the team decide what alterations may or may not work. It's not all about lap times as it is possible to put in a very quick time over one lap but the next one can be considerably slower.
What would be interesting is to see Marc Marquez on a Yamaha or Ducati or whatever, lets not forget Rossi or Lorenzo when they were at the top of their form and changed to Ducati, they never really shone for some time.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3942324)   #172
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Rossi never won on the Ducati, and Lorenzo in his first year didn't either, and only got to grips towards the end of his second.
As I intimated in my last post would Marquez do any better ? we will probably never know unfortunately.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3942419)   #173
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I seem to remember back a while that Troy Bayliss was the only one to shine on a Ducati whilst no could ride the thing although most of his best results came in WSBK rather than MotoGP. For sure Dovi and co need some improvements in the machinery to take on some of the opposition next year, they have the grunt but not the nimble handling of the Yamahas or for that matter Suzukis. It's going to be interesting to see how KTM fair now that they are concentrating their efforts on the top class, as to whether any of them can challenge MM is somehow doubtful in my view, the guy is almost unique in his ability on 2 wheels. He has his detractors I know but for me his unbridled enthusiasm is a joy to watch - every win is likes his first, genuine passion.

Last edited by justracing; 23 Nov 2019 at 21:19.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 05:16 (Ref:3942477)   #174
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I seem to remember back a while that Troy Bayliss was the only one to shine on a Ducati whilst no could ride the thing although most of his best results came in WSBK rather than MotoGP. For sure Dovi and co need some improvements in the machinery to take on some of the opposition next year, they have the grunt but not the nimble handling of the Yamahas or for that matter Suzukis. It's going to be interesting to see how KTM fair now that they are concentrating their efforts on the top class, as to whether any of them can challenge MM is somehow doubtful in my view, the guy is almost unique in his ability on 2 wheels. He has his detractors I know but for me his unbridled enthusiasm is a joy to watch - every win is likes his first, genuine passion.

Stoner was rubbish on the Duke!

That's what I love about Magic Marc too, his joy and enthusiasm.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 05:19 (Ref:3942479)   #175
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Rossi never won on the Ducati, and Lorenzo in his first year didn't either, and only got to grips towards the end of his second.
As I intimated in my last post would Marquez do any better ? we will probably never know unfortunately.
Still remember when Rossi was criticizing Stoner for his lack of results on the Ducati and Stoner's response: "When he's ridden it we'll talk!"
Wonder if they ever did?