Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 10 Nov 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2579675)   #26
kevind
Rookie

England
Watford
kevind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maroon Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by snett fan55 View Post
Not too close to topic but anyone know the origin/ownership of a Morris Minor "woodie" that was being driven in anger at a recent track day at Snetterton,about six weeks ago?
Colour was maroon,engine and supension was far from standard ,judging by the way it took Russell bend.My son took pics on his phone,but I don't know how (or if )I can download a pic to the forum.
I have just found the forum and wish to say Hi.
A certain Maroon Traveller, is this the one you saw
Attached Thumbnails
National Rally 2009 Sparkford 27-28th June 035.jpg  
Old 10 Nov 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2579751)   #27
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recognised it as Mike Bennions car because it always looked like the steering wheel came off a truck!
Old 11 Nov 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2580138)   #28
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mystery Morris Minor racer

KevinD,
YES,thats the one,I was at snetterton "unofficialy"as the boss thought I was working. Any further info,engine etc?
Also ,apologies that I did not respond sooner,my computer got Swine 'flu!
Regards snett fan.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2580279)   #29
kevind
Rookie

England
Watford
Maroon Traveller

Hi Snett
It's powered by a 1.8k series engine with I think a series 9 sierra gearbox & coil over suspension and there is a possibilty of an upgrade during the winter, now where did I put the link of it in action in June.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2580485)   #30
kevind
Rookie

England
Watford
Maroon Traveller

Here you are snett the Traveller in action, it was built by JLH Motorsport.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvm171rPlI

There is also anther car built by JLH its a 2 Door Saloon with a 2 litre V-tec with supercharger and Omex electronics, it puts out over 300bhp, it was built over a six week period and was only completed the day before and was still being shaken down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX_NO...eature=channel
Old 29 Nov 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2591231)   #31
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mystery Morris Minor racer

Thanks for the info. and links,KevinD.fascinating stuff,be interested to see it again if you bring it back to snetterton,please let me know.
Regards
Snettfan 55
Old 29 Nov 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2591285)   #32
kevind
Rookie

England
Watford
Unfortunatly the cars not mine but does get used on track day's if I hesr of it being at Snetterton again I will let you know.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2943318)   #33
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mike Bermans Amazing Tow Car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
He also used to have an indecently fast (Black & Silver?) Jaguar Mk VII or Mk IX road car with Wolferace wheels that frightened my Viva GT on the Oadby bypass many years ago...
Here's a picture of the car that scared the SH**E out of us all!
Mike Bermans Tow Car!! "9,000HP"!!!
Attached Thumbnails
9000 HP.jpg  
Old 20 Aug 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2943369)   #34
boyzee
Rookie

England
basildon essex
boyzee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I replyied to the other thread on this minor (Mike Bennions) old car.I bought the car when it was advertised in the exchange an mart around 1971/2 time.I went to battersea south london to meet the owner and then on to streatham to view the car.It had been stood for a few years but was all complete,the exhaust manifolds had been changed and ran forwards over the engine and came out in front of the rear wheels each side of the car.I swopped a 1500gt anglia for it,the minor was £175.There was pages an pages of paper work with the car with details of the build and letters from people Mike had written to for information regarding brakes, tyres,suspension etc.We towed the car back to battersea with the anglia hopeing to tow it to a freinds home in Harwell berkshire,we only got a few miles when the police pulled us over.After a telling of i was advised to get the car transported so i phoned a recovery company who in them days ran a fleet of grey landrovers with large car trailers and they took the car to Harwell.I think the engine origenally came out of an old thunderbird or fairlane,it had a jag overdrive gearbox wnd from memory a austin westminster rear axle.My intention was to make the car roadworthy,i did get the car running and drove it round the country lanes a few times but due to moveing back to london and no garage i swopped the car months later to a freind in exchange for a 970 cooper s.The freind had a garage in victoria road romford an he used the car a few times around romford on the road then i think he sold it to Reg Gubbings who had the speed shop in the romford road.A few years later i saw the car back in the exchange an mart advertised as a road car.Just remembered the car was on the cover of car and car conversions and i think it raced in some of the same race,s as Albert Betts mk1 jag.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2943613)   #35
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Taylor View Post
Here's a picture of the car that scared the SH**E out of us all!
Mike Bermans Tow Car!! "9,000HP"!!!
That's the badger Gerry! Thanks for posting the picture...