Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3927973)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Actually if I listen to quali on the radio, I don’t feel the need to watch the highlights, unlike the race
Old 15 Sep 2019, 00:12 (Ref:3928010)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Best way to prevent result spoilers would be to organize the stewards and penalty systems better!
Old 17 Sep 2019, 03:59 (Ref:3928447)   #28
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
What's worse: complaining that a motorsports forum is discussing current races, or bumping month old race threads because someone finally caught up? Asking for a friend...
Old 17 Sep 2019, 06:38 (Ref:3928464)   #29
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
To be fair to the OP, he didn't start a thread on this topic. He posted in the one hit wonders thread and the bulk of this content was moved out of that thread by an admin/moderator. I am not even sure if he knows this thread exists.

Either way, I understand his frustration, but also I don't quite agree with his complaint.

Richard

I know it exists now , and am just a bit peeved that a comment I made in the heat of a moment,without my knowledge , let alone consent , has been relaunched as a new thread I had no intention of starting... Anyway , the spoiler didn't ..err.. spoil my enjoyment of Leclerc's win - a home Ferrari win after a drought is something to savour .

Back to the original issue and my preference , which other forums seem to adopt , is to confine spoilers to the race thread . Bearing in mind , Ch 4 coverage in UK hadn't even been run when I viewed the comment , I think a little more discretion would heve been good. But hey, nobody died .
Old 17 Sep 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3928465)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got an interesting weekend coming up. I'll be in Albania during qualifying so can watch it live. I'll be home in the UK on Sunday so will avoid here and the MSM until after the highlights (possibly a euphemism since it's Singapore).
Old 17 Sep 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3928466)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I know it exists now , and am just a bit peeved that a comment I made in the heat of a moment,without my knowledge , let alone consent , has been relaunched as a new thread I had no intention of starting... Anyway , the spoiler didn't ..err.. spoil my enjoyment of Leclerc's win - a home Ferrari win after a drought is something to savour .

Back to the original issue and my preference , which other forums seem to adopt , is to confine spoilers to the race thread . Bearing in mind , Ch 4 coverage in UK hadn't even been run when I viewed the comment , I think a little more discretion would heve been good. But hey, nobody died .
You took the thread totally off topic so I could have just binned all those posts. But I thought this would be more fun.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3928486)   #32
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
But , as they often discuss in Masham market, Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Old 17 Sep 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3928489)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
When the watchers are being watched? And yet again you are taking the thread off topic.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3928497)   #34
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I understand your point. Fun has been had at your expense. Maybe this thread can die a natural death, or be locked by a sympathetic admin?

Richard
Old 17 Sep 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3928499)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It is actually a valid point. Likewise folks need a sense of humour. If nobody posts it'll drop down the order. No need to lock it.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3928524)   #36
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
am just a bit peeved that a comment I made in the heat of a moment,without my knowledge , let alone consent , has been relaunched as a new thread I had no intention of starting...
You'll probably find you gave the consent when you signed up to the forum?
Old 17 Sep 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3928534)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They like to use comments in other threads as a starting point for another, as it means we can stick to topic in the original one
Old 18 Sep 2019, 06:42 (Ref:3928626)   #38
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Listen, don't mention the spoilers! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it alright.
So! It's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about it.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3928716)   #39
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
One piece of advice for American viewers. If you want to avoid spoilers, do not try to watch anything else on ESPN. They've got me twice, recording the race, then trying to watch a baseball game that night, only to see the winner of the race on the scroll. They never used to put f1 down there until they started broadcasting it. (Which I am thankful they do!)
Old 18 Sep 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3928730)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
For the most part, qualifying is F1's biggest spoiler.
truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Listen, don't mention the spoilers! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it alright.
brilliant!
Old 18 Sep 2019, 18:04 (Ref:3928733)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
He said sheepishly.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3928736)   #42
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He said sheepishly.
You should be lambasted for that one....
Old 18 Sep 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3928744)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Minty.