Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Feb 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2638882)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Guards insist on the correct engine size...
Sorry Simon, realised after posting what you were getting at..... Bit too subtle and have got a head cold!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2638891)   #52
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
hahah dont worry its a tradition on the Spa 6 Hour thread to bring up oversized MGB engines ASAP!! As for the cold I am 10 days into mine!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2638902)   #53
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Guards isn't exactly a hot bed of technical scrutineering either.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2638903)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Snap you two." Dot a Runny dose."
Old 23 Feb 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2638911)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bloody hell, we made it all the way to post 48 before going off topic which is the Spa 6hrs 2010! Is this a record?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2638924)   #56
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it was on topic - it was a comment about oversized B's from here in referred to as EE's!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 10:27 (Ref:2638926)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And who mentioned them first?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2638952)   #58
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I think this could be heading for "The Lighter side".

Back on topic please.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2639059)   #59
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
whats actually on over the weekend

6 hour proper
U2TC tin tops
Barrys absolutely anything goes race

Masters of the universe ?

pre war?

is that on topic enough?

Also, whats the entry for the 6 hour, might be cheaper than anything else even if I just do the first few hours and retire to the bar!!!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2639061)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2.5k euros Zef,same as the last two years.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2639093)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
whats actually on over the weekend

6 hour proper
U2TC tin tops
Barrys absolutely anything goes race
Masters of the universe ?

GPM, WSM & SRM combined, GD, All the others combined except gp2 & Protos

pre war?

HSCC Open Wheel
Added to above
Old 23 Feb 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2639096)   #62
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No Pre War but Moss and Woodcote from MRL.HSCC race now single seater as in 08 so our car can get beaten out of sight by a car driven by some pimpled little kid who uses Valdermar.Good idea as puts all these old men's driving ability with old crocks into perspective.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2639107)   #63
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
hmm 2500 euros eh, I wonder what Mrs Zefs thought are

I know what Gordons are . . . .
Old 23 Feb 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2639109)   #64
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sorry John, in my fuzzy state forgot Legends-

6 hrs
Barry's race- 60min?
U2TC- 60min?
Legends Moss trophy- 60min?
Legends Woodcote Trophy- 60min?
HSCC Open Wheel- One or two races?
Masters-
GPM- 2 x 25min
WSM & SRM- 60min
GD- 120min
ClothCap / Pre66 TC / ObutG / Mini / Starsof70s (Without Mr Mallett)- 60min

Any more?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2639141)   #65
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ive just realised some thing???. Mallet is avoiding me
Old 23 Feb 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2639165)   #66
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
NO no no,its not you Iain,its that sodding great yank tank you,errr,drive!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2639176)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly no it really is a case of all work and no play this year. Besides you'd need to make that tank go at least 8secs/lap faster to catch us.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2639185)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sadly no it really is a case of all work and no play this year. Besides you'd need to make that tank go at least 8secs/lap faster to catch us.
Was it earlier in this thread or in the Griff one someone said- 'Maybe if everyone was on Dunlop Ls'...............
Old 23 Feb 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2639198)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
All Stars of the Seventies cars run on Dunlop D84s which reflect the regs. Don't forget, in period the cars ran on slicks.

Also I've got approx 50% of the power of the Galaxy and 2/3s of the weight.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2639223)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Here you are Peter so you dont forget the Starship.Thats funny you seem to be behind me.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2639234)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Coming up to lap you?

At least the shot was taken at Spa.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2639237)   #72
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks for the pic though, I'd forgotten what the car looks like!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2639248)   #73
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Its a great picture. Happy days.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2639259)   #74
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Has that Vette GrandSport Continuation been barred? Most say it was not really leagl or in the spirit of the event / race. Bung it in Barrys

Simon (D) we wet nearly in the passenger seat next to you at the end of the back straight at GW on my last run is fisc's new toy (trousers were fine though after checking ).
Old 24 Feb 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2639563)   #75
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello chaps. Haven't been on here for a bit due to various commitments, including some modern GT stuff in an Aston (better not go into too much detail or the mods will sin-bin me or make me go and stand in the corner or something). I have recently acquired the ex-Sam Smart 'Stang which I plan to enter in the 6 Hours (plus the Marathon and Flav & Vanessa's series). I'm looking forward to a very busy season indeed, the highlight being the one & only Spa Six Hours, to my mind the best historic race meeting in the world bar none.