Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jul 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2922840)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hamilton reckons that others should just keep their opinions to themselves.

"I'm not sure that anyone really cares what some of those people are talking about or their opinions. I think that if you have an opinion, just keep it to yourself."

Excellent advice.......for anyone really.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92880
Old 6 Jul 2011, 13:57 (Ref:2922857)   #52
jcunningham
Rookie

jcunningham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this youtube film of him at Silverstone looking at the new wing and answering quarky questions from a fan. He comes across so well, esp when he talks about the fans at the british gp. seriously check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtGZE-DG7Pw
Old 6 Jul 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2922881)   #53
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

"I'm not sure that anyone really cares what some of those people are talking about or their opinions. I think that if you have an opinion, just keep it to yourself."

Is that not also an opinion, though?

Should we close the forum down because we are for the most part expressing opinions?

Seriously, whether you agree with them or not, it is likely Mansell and Villeneuve were responding to questions posed.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2922884)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

Seriously, whether you agree with them or not, it is likely Mansell and Villeneuve were responding to questions posed.
That was certainly the case with Villeneuve, If you want my opinion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/14027440.stm
Old 6 Jul 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2922888)   #55
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I think Lewis would bin it trying to keep up with Seb
In much the same way that Seb binned it when being caught by Button?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2922896)   #56
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
In much the same way that Seb binned it when being caught by Button?
Well, he didn't exactly bin it, did he? In fact, AFAIK, Vettel hasn't run into anything just lately (apart from the 'wall of champions').
Old 6 Jul 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2922911)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel hit the wall somewhere else recently in practice (it was in practice though). Barcelona?
Old 6 Jul 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2922917)   #58
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well, he didn't exactly bin it, did he? In fact, AFAIK, Vettel hasn't run into anything just lately (apart from the 'wall of champions').
Yeah, Vettel has made very few mistakes this year. Only really the Canada race(and his crashes in qualifying) and then again that was a tiny mistake, with which he could afford! One of the reasons why I think he will be champion again.

The Lewis to Red Bull story is just a media talk pointing at the moment. To be honest I don't think there is much in it, but I still think that it will run and run, until the end of the season. Christian Horner has put his word in, saying it wouldn't work(probably wise words and also remembering Frank Williams quote about Mansell and Piquet :"You don't put two bulls in the same field").

Probably a shame for F1 in the end, as we won't get to see Seb and Lewis compete against one another in the same machinery.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2922927)   #59
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Vettel hit the wall somewhere else recently in practice (it was in practice though). Barcelona?
Turkey.

Hitting the wall on friday morning is the right time to do it if it happens He's still managed to collect 43 points on the weekends of those 2 mishaps.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2922956)   #60
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is arguable that having a car faster than anybody elses by about half a second would take some of the pressure off of your drive? You wouldn't have to drive beyond the cars limits just to keep up with the guy in front. Thats always going to help reliability and decrease the likelihood of mistakes.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2922985)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
My thoughts exactly. Vettel has the best car by far. Also, according to Horner, the only two people they fear as a threat is Alonso and Hamilton. His own admission earlier this year.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2923005)   #62
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Vettel has the best car by far.
Maybe in qualifying. Certainly not in the race, even by McLaren's own admission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Also, according to Horner, the only two people they fear as a threat is Alonso and Hamilton. His own admission earlier this year.
It's nice that Mr Horner also has an opinion. Although it can't have escaped his notice that those two are currently 4th and 5th in the championship standings.

Last edited by Marbot; 6 Jul 2011 at 19:29. Reason: Something escaped my notice
Old 6 Jul 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2923034)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

That's it then. The forum should be closed immediately!
Old 7 Jul 2011, 05:22 (Ref:2923134)   #64
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
It is arguable that having a car faster than anybody elses by about half a second would take some of the pressure off of your drive?
McLaren was the quicker package during the race at Barcelona and vettel withstood the pressure very well.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2923184)   #65
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
McLaren was the quicker package during the race at Barcelona and vettel withstood the pressure very well.
But then starting at the front with a car that is the same or even slightly slower than the ones behind is a definite advantage. Qualifying is still important, if not as important as it once was. DRS helps with overtaking slower cars, but they still have to be quite a bit slower. And the RB isn't in race trim.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 9 Jul 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2924351)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Hamilton's 10th on the grid so he has his work cut out.
Old 9 Jul 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2924360)   #67
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Well Hamilton's 10th on the grid so he has his work cut out.
2 seconds off Webber's pace is definitely in the 'we're going to get lapped' kind of territory.

He's not a happy bunny.

“When I re-sign the contract with McLaren they are going to be shocked at how many days they are not going to be able to make me do. I will be doing a lot less work. I definitely won’t be doing the whole period of time before the Silverstone Grand Prix, that’s for sure. I will have at least five days to prepare [for the race] in the future.”

"I have just come from the last race and I have had a day or two off and I am certain if you look down the paddock there won't be many other drivers that have done what I have been doing over the last two weeks."

The Guardian.

Maybe he's a little miffed at Horners: "Pretty slim to Nil" reply, when asked if he thought that Lewis Hamilton would be in his team for 2012?

Last edited by Marbot; 9 Jul 2011 at 23:43.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2924389)   #68
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
2 seconds off Webber's pace is definitely in the 'we're going to get lapped' kind of territory.

He's not a happy bunny.

“When I re-sign the contract with McLaren they are going to be shocked at how many days they are not going to be able to make me do. I will be doing a lot less work. I definitely won’t be doing the whole period of time before the Silverstone Grand Prix, that’s for sure. I will have at least five days to prepare [for the race] in the future.”

"I have just come from the last race and I have had a day or two off and I am certain if you look down the paddock there won't be many other drivers that have done what I have been doing over the last two weeks."

The Guardian.

Maybe he's a little miffed at Horners: "Pretty slim to Nil" reply, when asked if he thought that Lewis Hamilton would be in his team for 2012?
Oh dear, Lewis isn't happy. I think Horner might have remembered Hamilton's little jibe at Red Bull : "They are just a drinks' company." . It has come back to bite him.

I have got to say Hamilton's dream of a British 1-2 at Silverstone, is looking very remote at the moment.

Last edited by stripedcat; 10 Jul 2011 at 03:04.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2924390)   #69
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
/\ Good Luck negotiating with Ron with that attitude and his results!

On a different note, any bets on how many laps / corners it takes Hamo to become involved in an incident?
Old 10 Jul 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2924392)   #70
stripedcat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
/\ Good Luck negotiating with Ron with that attitude and his results!

On a different note, any bets on how many laps / corners it takes Hamo to become involved in an incident?
I put my vote down for 8 laps.

Anyone else?
Old 10 Jul 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2924393)   #71
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol I was thinking the same Wnut. I give it 6 laps.

More chance of there being a German 1-2 this weekend and even that is unlikely.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 03:15 (Ref:2924399)   #72
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
6 to 14 on the grid are DiResta/Maldanado/Koba/Rosberg/Hamo/Sutil/Perez/Schu/Petrov

I think this one could be really "interesting" there are several demon starters represented and a few deperate to do well - ouch.

1st corner, so I'll hedge it and say 1st lap.

If I was running Ricciardo, I think I would find an excuse to start him from the pit lane!
Old 10 Jul 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2924466)   #73
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

He's not a happy bunny.

The Guardian.

The same report and more is in The Times.

Having read this and considering the other things that Hamilton has done and said recently, I am drawn to the conclusion that by all normal measures, he just isn't very bright.

Perhaps he'll prove to be the Paul Gascoyne of F!...............................
Old 10 Jul 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2924483)   #74
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Don't forget his strings are being pulled by the Simon Fuller organisation. They may know all there to know about showbiz, but they know next to motor racing.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2924492)   #75
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST View Post
Perhaps he'll prove to be the Paul Gascoyne of F!...............................
He probably doesn't know where to buy Fish and Chips and certainly won't know what Carlsberg Special Brew is.